Train Track Journal

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
Starting this journal to sort and collect my thoughts, test ideas, record progress, etc. Hopefully it helps others out as well.

Mainly preoccupied at this time with day gaming in a small town. After several days out, I've found the low volume to be an issue for a couple of reasons. First, less chances to practice game. The second reason: less chances to work on my approach anxiety. If I miss a set, that means waiting thirty minutes or more for another one.

I'm not against night gaming but day gaming fits my personality and schedule better. My goal at this moment is to make day game work for where I am in life right now.

Lofty mentioned focusing on the interactions instead of volume of sets. After some pondering, I'm thinking this may be optimal for my situation. If I can't get high volume, then the next best thing is getting as much as I can from the interactions I can find.

So I've formulated a set of goals to help guide my efforts at the macro and micro levels.

Monthly goal: 1 lay per month.
Weekly goal: Go out 3x a week for 2-3 hours each time and approach whenever an attractive girl is around. Or 5 approaches per week.
Outing goals: Fast open, stay in set for as long as possible, and close.

These goals may be revised as I get feedback from fielding. The monthly goal may not be 100% within my control, but it gives me something to shoot for. The weekly goal gives me a more specific, concrete way of facilitating the monthly goal. Just have to go out and approach.

The outing goals are to work on my specific weaknesses. In the past, I've found thinking about opening quickly helps circumvent anxiety. So I want to practice that to work approach anxiety. Staying in sets for as long as possible will be helpful to gain as many reference points as possible without the need for high volume. The closing is to shoot my shot, regardless of how the interaction went. I not only want to work on my specific issues but also facilitate the monthly goal.

The plan is to do subtle, low-key indirect approaches to avoid burnout of places, as well as not draw any negative attention. I will keep the 3 keys (Seduction MMA) in mind for the interactions. Most likely in the form of in-the-moment mental notes/cues as I talk.

Last edited:

PalmaSailor

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well done for starting the path, and low volume is an issue however there are opportunities to practice everywhere.

I would advise you not to restrict yourself to women you find attractive.

Focus on your interaction with ALL women in ALL places. You only have approach anxiety for a few reasons, one of which is you will run out of content.. ie things to say.

So practice on ALL women. Even the granny in the queue at the coffee shop / the fat Barista - neither of whom you fancy one little bit.

if you engage with THOSE^^ women then they will likely talk all day. Let them. Listen to them and banter with them. Get accustomed to talking to women generally.

As your game advances you’ll have to disarm the fat friend who cock blocks anyway so it’s very good practice.

Also remember it’s supposed to be fun. Even ugly girls need love. If you hit a set with an ugly / old one like for instance a hen night, you’ll have to win over the older / uglier one first or you won’t get past first base with the group.

good luck!

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
Well done for starting the path, and low volume is an issue however there are opportunities to practice everywhere.

I would advise you not to restrict yourself to women you find attractive.

Focus on your interaction with ALL women in ALL places. You only have approach anxiety for a few reasons, one of which is you will run out of content.. ie things to say.

So practice on ALL women. Even the granny in the queue at the coffee shop / the fat Barista - neither of whom you fancy one little bit.

if you engage with THOSE^^ women then they will likely talk all day. Let them. Listen to them and banter with them. Get accustomed to talking to women generally.

As your game advances you’ll have to disarm the fat friend who cock blocks anyway so it’s very good practice.

Also remember it’s supposed to be fun. Even ugly girls need love. If you hit a set with an ugly / old one like for instance a hen night, you’ll have to win over the older / uglier one first or you won’t get past first base with the group.

good luck!
Hi Palma, thank you for the advice!

I've talked with some older/more homely coworkers before and have actually enjoyed the convos. However, I hadn't considered doing it more frequently in field.

I will implement this as it sounds helpful for more experience talking, disarming, etc., as well as social momentum. Seems like a good way to also mitigate the low volume by having more interactions.

I also plan to approach as I go about my day as opportunities pop up. So it will be a mix of both active "hunting" and passive approaching.

PalmaSailor

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi Palma, thank you for the advice!

I've talked with some older/more homely coworkers before and have actually enjoyed the convos. However, I hadn't considered doing it more frequently in field.

I will implement this as it sounds helpful for more experience talking, disarming, etc., as well as social momentum. Seems like a good way to also mitigate the low volume by having more interactions.

I also plan to approach as I go about my day as opportunities pop up. So it will be a mix of both active "hunting" and passive approaching.
Yeah so the older more homely women have basically got a lower sexual market value than you so what you get from them in terms of how they react etc is what George Clooney would get from an HB9

it is helpful and it’s all about experience and reference material. You need this for stuff to talk about and calibration. What makes them laugh etc

Don’t think of it as approach. Think of it as talking to people.

you’re not approaching, you’re talking.

PalmaSailor

Space Monkey
space monkey
By the way “I hadn’t considering doing it more frequently in the field”

EVERYWHERE is the field.

For the last 9 months Ive been fucking a woman half my age I met somewhere totally unrelated.

if you’re at the (we call it the dump) but it’s the local waste disposal facility which is a shitty place and a women rocks up getting rid of her junk then you can say something to her and open an interaction.

the aim of the practice and the game is that you have learned enough stuff that you can say something naturally. Anything. And that’s the start. You can get her laughing and say “if you’re good we’ll get wine” and either get her to put her number in your phone or roll for an Instadate.

good luck!

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
I was down with some ear/eye infections this weekend. However, I was able to smoothly conversate with an elderly woman and her husband while waiting for a doctor appointment. I also had a smooth convo with the doctor herself.

Conversations were upbeat and stimulating. I was able to go from "0 to 60" upon the two women initiating convo. I noticed I was not very anxious and able to infuse positivity in the convos, as well as keep them running.

I credit these smooth convos in part to my "No Fap" streak (6 days at the time), which I've felt has helped me develop a stronger base of confidence and less social anxiety.

I've been able to carry convos previous to "No Fap" albeit with more general anxiety. I felt more motivated to talk and less hesitancy to do so at the doctor's office.

TRE has also done a lot to reduce my anxiety significantly. Together, "No Fap" and TRE have been the best for general confidence/energy/motivation and reduced anxiety.

As university starts up here, I expect more volume and traffic in this college town, which should help my goals.

Also considering weekdays for evening walks to get out of the house and talk with people.

Last note: I was in proximity to a beautiful girl at the gym yesterday. I didn't see an opening to approach her.

In retrospect, I could have done a walk-by open or get in closer to "work out" to do a casual comment. Next time I will use either one of these to open her.

I was more willing to open her than in the past with other girls, which I feel is a reflection of the "No Fap" / TRE combo (i.e. less hesitancy to do challenging things).

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
In the past two weeks, I established a habit of visiting day game venues during the weekends. These include college campuses, malls, shopping centers, and groceries stores.

Some areas have been busts but others are bountiful in viable sets (mall and college campus). College campus seems tricky because it feels like walking into a mass social circle. I'm going to explore venues around the campus instead to avoid issues with social frame.

Last weekend I came across 6 viable sets in the span of 3 hours across 2 days. I was too fearful to open nearly all of them so volume, while low, is not really the only issue.

The one girl I did open was in an elevator setting in my apartment complex. I asked her "What floor" to press the button for her and then said "Have a nice day." In retrospect, I could have initiated a convo then and there and even walk with her for a bit. Even if it didn't come across smoothly.

I think my biggest issue at the moment is trying to do too much at once or perfectly and so the fear paralyzes me. In the past, I was able to overcome this by opening quickly. Like when you just dive into cold water instead of dipping your toes first or ripping the bandaid off quickly.

At this point, clumsy opens are better than no opens at all. So instead of aiming for the perfect open, I will just open and talk for a few minutes per set even if it feels weird/awkward/clumsy. Then I will refine and take the interactions further bit by bit.

I'll use plausible deniability and do zero spam approaching to mitigate any awkwardness in opening and avoid drawing too much attention.

Progression ladder:
  1. Week One - Immediate, imperfect opens -> few minutes of convo
  2. Week Two - Immediate, imperfect opens -> few minutes of convo -> imperfect close
Other activities going on in the background:
  • Planning and implementing an auto-pilot schedule for side hustles, passions, hobbies, grooming, cleaning, fitness, etc.
    • The goal is to build processes for multiple facets of my lifestyle to facilitate self-improvement and progress. I need to establish regular tempos for these activities to build good habits and avoid excessive procrastination.

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
Quick status update for today:

I've been experimenting with Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE) these past few days. Normally I just do 5 minutes of TRE a day.

However, I recently did TRE while thinking of stressful situations. In this case, daytime approaches were the stressful thought I focused on.

I did 10+ minutes of this special TRE yesterday and then today. During this special TRE, I would get these sudden feelings of "Why am I so scared to open girls? It's so easy!" Perhaps it was due to previous specific trauma being released. Note: I did feel mental pain as I did this special TRE.

Results:

Whereas I could not open girls these past few weeks. After doing this special TRE, I was able to open literally the first girl I laid eyes on at the nearby college campus. I was nervous but I did not freeze. I just went near the girl and bam! First open within a minute.

I went on to do 3 more opens as I walked about the campus. All 4 total opens were on walking sets and the opener used for all was "Do you know where X is?" Most opens were smooth. One was iffy but I'll take it.

I was like a machine right from the start. It was really surprising going from pure freeze to this. It felt great making this progress. It helped to take baby steps so I can celebrate the small milestones and build a foundation.

Assuming it's not a placebo effect, the special TRE did wonders (Thank you @Carousel!). I still felt jitters but I was able to open and not freeze.

I am going to cement this breakthrough with more practice. Then I will work to refine the opener and add basic hooks. And so on.

I am aiming for 10 approaches per week. If all goes well, I will practice basic hooks next week.

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
I went to the local college campus today for an event. I had some hesitation in approaching at first. Some of it was due to nerves, some due to bad logistics. However, I did not have insurmountable fear like before.

I did 2 more approaches on walking girls using the "Where is X?" opener. I did not approach more because I finished my route around the campus and did not want to be seen too often.

I need to find other good venues to practice because it will help stay covert. Additionally, I think it is time to test other openers that better hook walking girls and to follow through with some conversation and perhaps closing.

I have been doing daily TRE focused on approaching to great success. I now just hesitate but I do not freeze in place anymore when looking to approach. I can prod myself to approach quite easily.

It's a gamechanger because I can more consistently approach and give more focus to mid and end phases of game. It's really cool and worldchanging to have unlocked the ability to consistently approach.

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
I did 2 walking-set opens at the local college campus this afternoon. It seems like a good time because it's not too busy but not too dead.

I asked for directions in both sets as my opener. The second girl offered to walk me to my destination where I did small talk along the way.

I could have gone deeper and focused on her. Also could have tried closing. Notes for next time.

Something I want to try is pushing each set as far as I can (without being stupid). I.E. Play to fail. The intent is to develop outcome independence and improve my vibe.

Currently, my vibe is too "nice guy", which is overly polite and platonic. I don't think any game/tech will help much if this fundamental doesn't improve.

Struggling still to find the right venues and times for sufficient volume of hot girls during the day. Nothing comes close to the local college campus but I don't want to overfish there.

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
I am reviving this to help with recent momentum. I am finally feeling better physically and mentally since the health issues this year. So I'm able to regularly go out and game now.

Today, I had a date. The girl ended up ejecting and after great advice from guys in the chat, the conclusion is that I need to work on style and/or my lack of sexuality.

The plan is to add more masculine and sharper clothes/accessories to my closet. The aim is to balance out my more feminine features and boost fundamentals.

As for sexuality, I plan to address that later. Current goals are to get opening and hooking on automatic and mastered.

After the date, I did 5 day approaches at the local university. Fortunately I picked a date venue close to the university. Friday noon to afternoon time has great volume. I approached 3 walking sets and 2 stationary.

Basic situational opener "Where is x?" is what I used. Some girls seemed to have a sly smile when I asked so maybe they read my intentions. Curious on this. I didn't feel any hostility or indifference so that's good at least.

Very cool thing is that after many daily TRE sessions specifically to beat AA, it is really easy to approach on demand during the day now! And this is after plenty of rust.

I got initial inertia before approaching some sets today but I was able to act despite it. I was totally dominated by AA before where I couldn't even approach a single girl and just froze before my TRE sessions.

I am aiming for 10-15 approaches a week.

I can open asking for directions quite easily. So my goal infield is to open with Gunwitch's "You know who you look like?", which is tougher but doable.

Open ➡️ Hook ➡️ Isolate ➡️ Pull.

I am working to master the first two phases, as well as the emotional stimulation key of SMMA.

I am going to sit down and chart a better goal plan so I have some structure to advance goals in.

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
Got 2 approaches in yesterday at a local college campus, which I've found to be one of the best daygame venues for young attractive women.

Only bad thing is I don't want to burn the venue down so I plan to rotate colleges I visit each week.

I tried to open more at a mall near the college yesterday which was super DEAD so I just ended up leaving. There was 1 attractive girl but she was too far away to open.

In one of the college sets, there was a lull where I could have thrown in a gambit but failed to do so. I want to get the 1-2 combo of situational opener plus Gun's gambit "you remind me of" to then just open with the gambit itself. This was an opportunity to do it but missed.

Baby steps. Important thing is I have the habit of going out regularly each week that I can build upon.

Today I went to the popular spots in Miami like Lincoln Road and Brickell. The former venue had maybe one dime in thirty minutes of walking. Strong Approach Invitation from the dime, which boosted my ego. But when I tried to circle back to open, I did not open because it was in the women's clothing section of the store with multiple women around her. Too much of an audience.

Brickell had more attractive women than Lincoln Road but I didn't open any. I was too in my head and in a super foul mood from all the crazy driving in and out of Brickell where I almost got run over by a car. I honestly just wanted to leave that area.

The Miami venues I visited were somewhat ratchet or ratchet-adjacent so next weekend I'm going to explore further north.

Also, I'm going to check out a different college next week so I'm not frequenting the same college week after week and get any infamy. I want to also explore coffeeshops more to do more stationary gaming or at least a break from being on the prowl in venues.

I'm not satisfied with the low volume of approaches but I'm hoping I can get at least 10 interactions a week. That's 40 interactions a month that I'm hoping would net me at least 1 lay. Not too worried about the lay count but just being able to ramp up my skills, which is hard with gaming being 80% walking and looking for sets.

Solution could be to just get as much as I can from the sets I do get into. Basically maximize time in set to make up for the low quantity of sets.

Swati

Modern Human
Modern Human
i think what helps is that you DONT go on day game marathon runs, there's a lot of reasons, time usage, burning out walking around like an idiot, if security sees you too many times, worst is that the people mean call security. but up to you

day game alot of time you aren't in set, the longer you aren't with interaction, the more it will tank your momentum

go on like 30 minutes runs daily or do it twice a day early and late afternoons, but generally dont waste on sarging for like 2-3 hours unless you have venues and friend you are hanging out with

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
i think what helps is that you DONT go on day game marathon runs, there's a lot of reasons, time usage, burning out walking around like an idiot, if security sees you too many times, worst is that the people mean call security. but up to you

day game alot of time you aren't in set, the longer you aren't with interaction, the more it will tank your momentum

go on like 30 minutes runs daily or do it twice a day early and late afternoons, but generally dont waste on sarging for like 2-3 hours unless you have venues and friend you are hanging out with
Thank you, that makes sense since I've been finding that I can't build momentum as efficiently as in night game where I can warm up in the same venue in a short amount of time.

I'll try having another goal in mind (ex. friend meet up, food, shopping) so it's not so aimless and just about the "hunt".

But yeah, man, it's rough having 80% of a sarge be just walking about so some cross gaming may be in order.

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
I went to the mall today with family and noticed way more attractive women than I usually do.

I think this may have been due to timing but possibly also because I took my time strolling and lingering.

Usually I do a fast loop around the venue, which may not give me enough time to run into attractive women.

I noticed 7 women I could have opened (2 were workers) in a span of 2 hours, which is pretty good! And this was with way less traffic than usual. Usually I find 2-3 in an hour.

It was good food for thought as to whether I need to change my mindset when I go to daytime venues. Usually it's been more of a frantic prowl in venues but this is the second time I have noticed that lingering gives me more opportunities to open. This may be a coincidence but worthy of testing further.

So I'm thinking a two-pronged approach to daygame to counteract low volume (compared to the night).

First part is employing more lingering to run into more women for a given set of time. Akin to walking slowly in rain vs running in it.

The other part is not ejecting when I do find an opportunity to approach until they excuse themselves.

Ejecting has been an issue because I squander a good set by just practicing opening and then wandering for 15 minutes or more until I find another set to JUST open.

It's more efficient to get as much as I can from one set if the volume isn't there. I am going to work portions of the game (open, hook, isolate, close, etc) in parallel versus sequentially.

But first I want to set a strong foundation of not ejecting so I can build tech practice upon it.

>