*Urgent* got her number, but not her name

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
Long story short:
So today's Black Friday. Went into a shop. Cute cashier, lots of people. Figured out a way to get her number while make it smooth and not too obvious. I basically went into notes and typed:

"Hey, i know this is awkward and that you are busy, but i think you look cute :). Wanna talk some other time, where there's less pressure? (If you don't want to, just give me the phone back)

Your #: ........"

When it was my turn i smiled, gave her my phone, asked if it had been a busy day, she said yeah, i said that sucks, she read it through and chuckled and said okay, typed her number down, we wished eachother nice day and i walked out.

I thought it was quite cute. Low effort but also low pressure. Dunno if i hooked her well enough, but i wanted to test this. Problem is: Didn't get her name on the way out. Fuck!

What do i text her? Was thinking: "Hello, this is Peter from the (shop). I didn't catch your name on the way out unfortunately. What's your name? Remember to save my number! :)"

H e l p

Watts

Modern Human
Modern Human
I wouldn't ask.

You really don't need it for the most part, and you're only creating a potential obstacle for yourself (cheapening the fun, simple number close).

I once took a girl home without knowing her name, and on subsequent dates it was a game to try to figure it out! haha. (She told me a story where her father criticized her, and used her own name in the story, that's how I figured it out)

Just proceed as normal, and if you really feel like you need to address her by a name, give her a nickname.

It's also funnier if she says "aren't you going to ask my name" and you respond "you're already in my phone as 'Cash Money Cutie'."

If this type of close is something you want to do in the future feel free to add

"Your Name: ...."

To it.

Or, "Your Nickname: ....", or depending on your style "How you're known on the streets: ....." haha

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
I wouldn't ask.

You really don't need it for the most part, and you're only creating a potential obstacle for yourself (cheapening the fun, simple number close).

I once took a girl home without knowing her name, and on subsequent dates it was a game to try to figure it out! haha. (She told me a story where her father criticized her, and used her own name in the story, that's how I figured it out)

Just proceed as normal, and if you really feel like you need to address her by a name, give her a nickname.

It's also funnier if she says "aren't you going to ask my name" and you respond "you're already in my phone as 'Cash Money Cutie'."

If this type of close is something you want to do in the future feel free to add

"Your Name: ...."

To it.

Or, "Your Nickname: ....", or depending on your style "How you're known on the streets: ....." haha
Alright so i just give her the "Hey there, it's me from the (shop)! Save my number :). -Peter"?
Thank you, i will maybe just call her and ask if she has instagram or some shit if the ball starts rolling yknow, figure it out somehow. What i wanted to know is if i should ask in the ice-breaker text, but yeah, you're right, it will kill the fun a bit.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Just give her a nick name that fits her.

"Hey Creature...." which is my favourite nickname to give girls. Especially if she is cute.

If she asks "creature???"

"Yeah you are little sweet and weird creature :D :D"

If she gets mad... for some weird reason, you know you got absolutely 0 compliance...

Watts

Modern Human
Modern Human
Alright so i just give her the "Hey there, it's me from the (shop)! Save my number :). -Peter"?
Thank you, i will maybe just call her and ask if she has instagram or some shit if the ball starts rolling yknow, figure it out somehow. What i wanted to know is if i should ask in the ice-breaker text, but yeah, you're right, it will kill the fun a bit.

I can't necessarily give you all the details of how you should follow up. There are a lot of variables about you, and about her, that will affect all of it.

But to your question, both me and Teevster answered it the same. Give her a nickname, don't even bother with asking her name (in the ice breaker text or any follow up). He suggested a standard nickname with a followup (takes the guesswork out, good to fall back on), I just came up with that silly "Cash Money Cutie" because she was a cashier and handles cash. You can use either or come up with one yourself (I recommend you at least think of one or two for her for the mental exercise).

But if you have to ask all these detailed questions about the best followups, my guess is you'd be better served reading some articles on Girl's Chase regarding contact / following up so you can get a broad foundational knowledge.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I can't necessarily give you all the details of how you should follow up. There are a lot of variables about you, and about her, that will affect all of it.

But to your question, both me and Teevster answered it the same. Give her a nickname, don't even bother with asking her name (in the ice breaker text or any follow up). He suggested a standard nickname with a followup (takes the guesswork out, good to fall back on), I just came up with that silly "Cash Money Cutie" because she was a cashier and handles cash. You can use either or come up with one yourself (I recommend you at least think of one or two for her for the mental exercise).

But if you have to ask all these detailed questions about the best followups, my guess is you'd be better served reading some articles on Girl's Chase regarding contact / following up so you can get a broad foundational knowledge.

How about this nickname: "Cash-girl"?

A bit provocative.
I like it.

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
So a lil update: Thanks to Velasco and Klimax guiding me through last night, i managed to text with her back and forth. Last message was on my part:

"Good, so i'll tell you my name, my age, my favourite colour and everything else you want to know, when i pick you up after work in my super sexy car "

And went to bed. She didnt reply and havent so far yet. The clock is now 11.30 am, and i tried calling her. Didn't pick it up.

How would you suggest i take it from here?

Cody Lyans

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
:eek:
Doooon't tell me that was your last message, hahaha.
In girl language that says, I like cars, I won't listen to you most likely unless you talk cars, and I won't give you my name so you can't check up on my parole

Soooo... I d say, ps it's a mini Cooper xD
I call him chocolate chip, cuz it's choc colored and I keep chips in it sometimes

Or in other words joke away the harrrd edges, keep it light and set up the meet without the vice grip headlock approach

Just make it seem nice to be out with you, like you bring cookies n share food n stuff

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
:eek:
Doooon't tell me that was your last message, hahaha.
In girl language that says, I like cars, I won't listen to you most likely unless you talk cars, and I won't give you my name so you can't check up on my parole

Soooo... I d say, ps it's a mini Cooper xD
I call him chocolate chip, cuz it's choc colored and I keep chips in it sometimes

Or in other words joke away the harrrd edges, keep it light and set up the meet without the vice grip headlock approach

Just make it seem nice to be out with you, like you bring cookies n share food n stuff
Yeah btw this failed hard ass. I should just have told her my age and asked for her's

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
Well you learned a lesson. If you think it all comes at once and that we have not all been in your situation, then it is time to reconsider ;)
You had a girl's dad hidden number calling you over 20 times in 1.5 hours? Yeah uhh me neither hehe... ;)

Anyways, long story short i persisted, her dad got pissed, told her that her dad was pissed we kept talking and if she wanted to keep talking she could add me on IG. She sent back a short story, basically a nice way of telling me off. Anyways, lesson learned, like you said, life goes on and i have other girls to meet ;)

Watts

Modern Human
Modern Human
You had a girl's dad hidden number calling you over 20 times in 1.5 hours? Yeah uhh me neither hehe... ;)

I read this as you joking and in good humor, not actually thinking Teevster hasn't had anything like this happen to him.

But let me share this:

If you're doing this for any length of time and with even above average looking girls, you're going to get into dangerous or challenging situations.

There will always be competition for beautiful women, and men willing to "risk it all" to prevent you from seducing them.

And sometimes, that will even include fathers or brothers, whether they simply are conservative, or recognize they have a beauty (in a non-incestuous way) to potentially protect from the hordes of guys who would love to seduce her.

It's part of the game, and that's the reason there's so much material out there on "AMOGS".

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I read this as you joking and in good humor, not actually thinking Teevster hasn't had anything like this happen to him.

Never dealt with dads. How old was she? I hope she was over 18!

In general I never really pushed things that far! I am risk-averse, which has limited me in the past, but at the same time never gotten any trouble with people.

But let me share this:

If you're doing this for any length of time and with even above average looking girls, you're going to get into dangerous or challenging situations.

There will always be competition for beautiful women, and men willing to "risk it all" to prevent you from seducing them.

Which is why a low-key more risk-averse approach is favorable. This is also why I do not usually favor direct game, but rather indirect game that is almost unpererceiable by other men (they don't get it that I am seducing her when I tok about things like sexual purity lol)

Best,

Watts

Modern Human
Modern Human
Never dealt with dads. How old was she? I hope she was over 18!

Haha, me too!

But dads can come from girls on vacation with their family, or out at a bar together (celebrating college graduation).

Just last weekend there was a girl arm dancing while sitting in her chair, a bit apart from her family (didn't realize that till I approached). She was 19 and having dinner with her family (clearly looking to get away). I exited once I realized the situation, but it can happen.

In general I never really pushed things that far! I am risk-averse, which has limited me in the past, but at the same time never gotten any trouble with people.

Which is why a low-key more risk-averse approach is favorable. This is also why I do not usually favor direct game, but rather indirect game that is almost unpererceiable by other men (they don't get it that I am seducing her when I tok about things like sexual purity lol)

Best,

100% agree. I actually find these stealth seductions, where only her and I know what's going on to be some of the most exciting. And also, a lot of these girls have beta orbiters that they themselves wish they could shrug off but can't either due to social consequences or being "too nice" etc. so they actually appreciate it even more.

Thanks for posting that breakdown!

>