Wealth  Working at beach logistics - asking for help from digital nomads

Dr.X

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey guys,

I want to share something, and maybe asking for collaboration as well.

I‘m building the digital nomad lifestyle. So I tried working at the beach.

Up until now I’m facing these problems:
- My laptop run out of battery really fast - like in 1 hour. Thus I buy a laptop power bank. A 72000 mAh one sustains my laptop for 12 hours.

- Overheating: When I bring the laptop to the sand, it overheats very quickly. This time luckily my phone shut down first so I immediately notice my laptop is also getting hotter. I got out before my laptop dies.
^ no solution yet

Any person working at the beach before, what problems you encounter and your solutions?

Dr.X

Space Monkey
space monkey
Working with a laptop at the beach is possible when:
- Early morning: The sand still cold.
- Weather is cloudy: No glaring sun.

Missing either and it’s very difficult. I tried.

Personally I’d wait until covid is over and go to the coffee shops to work.

Last edited:

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Dr.X,

You really need a laptop that is not running into these issues.

I was a Windows guy for about 15 years but switched to Mac about a decade ago and have not looked back. New Mac laptops start with a 7- to 11-hour battery life, unless you're running them really heavy. There should be Windows laptops that have batteries in this range or better too.

As your machine ages the battery degrades. You can always replace the battery, or get a new machine.

Machine overheating is another problem you should not be dealing with -- either you are running apps that are too heavy for that machine, or your fan needs replacing.

Also, I will say -- I have tried living/working on the beach, and my productivity drops to 0.

If you can keep it up, then good on you!

But digital nomad-wise, the best geographical productivity I have found, unfortunately, is in cold or temperate mega cities: season change keeps you from lounging on the beach, and the ambition of the populace keeps you hungry (bonus: mega cities tend to attract the top talent girls from whatever talent pools they are drawing from, and have large enough populations that you will rarely run into the same women twice -- so ample room for as much cold approach as you'd like).

Chase

>