Would it be easier to pick-up on my birthday?

A

Anonymous

So it is my birthday today, just wondering if that would make my chances of picking up a girl a little more likely. I have not done it before on my previous birthdays because well, most people stay with their families on Christmas Eve. Anyway, wish me luck?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hi Duke,

In general, having it be your birthday has almost nothing to do with whether or not you will be getting laid by a new girl that night. Women are looking for plausible deniability for them to get sex. They could care less about your own reputation.

That being said, what your birthday CAN bring to the table is social proofing. Your birthday is an opportunity to gather all of your closest friends and have them take you out and have everything that day be about you. If you are having a great time, and GIRLS see people wanting to be around you and having a great time as well, then they are going to assume that you are a guy who provides people with good feelings and emotions.

This can be a great opportunity to open on these women. However, you still have to lead them and perform the usual seduction techniques to get something out of it! So make sure to not overlook this. ;)

- Franco

Jay

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Franco said:
That being said, what your birthday CAN bring to the table is social proofing. Your birthday is an opportunity to gather all of your closest friends and have them take you out and have everything that day be about you. If you are having a great time, and GIRLS see people wanting to be around you and having a great time as well, then they are going to assume that you are a guy who provides people with good feelings and emotions.

Thats good shit right there. I have had many a lay come from when I got a big group of my friends, girls and guys, together to hit a bar. We'll get the whole bar involved in my birthday and suddenly everyone wants a piece of the birthday guy. We do the same thing for all my friends on their birthdays, girls included (that one can get fun).

Btw, a Christmas Eve birthday is badass, in my humble opinion.

Rationalis

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah, I've noticed that its easier to get female attention on your birthday but you have to ask whether it is the right kind of attention. I've been kissed and pecked and all sorts of similar things on my birthday, but I have never gotten solely laid because it is my birthday.

A Life Loquacious

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Really depends, if you are out on your own and you don't have a really good reason to be (i.e. you're miles away from home for work or whatever) then it could potentially not work out so well. As has been said already, if you're out in a group then you have social proof on your side, which is awesome, but at the same time it won't always be as easy to move your girl, or go somewhere and escalate. Also if you go for a seduction in front of a load of your friends it can be annoying later on if you prefer to be discrete about such affairs... and also there's always the potential trap of worrying what they think about the woman you pull, before you even pull her.

I would treat a birthday lay as the icing on the cake, IMO trying to capitalise on it will most likely give off a sense of needy/opportunistic entitlement, just enjoy your birthday with your friends and don't make it hard for any women you meet.

Eric

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Typically, yeah.

It gives women an excuse to be nice to you (like giving presents ;)

Jay

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Rationalis said:
Yeah, I've noticed that its easier to get female attention on your birthday but you have to ask whether it is the right kind of attention. I've been kissed and pecked and all sorts of similar things on my birthday, but I have never gotten solely laid because it is my birthday.

True, the kind of attention you get on your birthday tends to be just that, attention, rather than attraction, but it is fairly easy to turn birthday attention into attraction, at least in my experience. I usually try and pick out one girl who is in the whole kissing the birthday boy mood and game her individually. It hasn't turned out badly before, because I tend to be happy and on my game on my birthday. As for getting solely laid for it being my birthday, never happened to me either, but being the birthday boy never seems to hurt :).

>