FR  "You sound like google translate"

Kai Reyder

Space Monkey
space monkey
Fucking lol.

Anyway..

I went out for some drinks with some friends (1m 1f) casually drinking. At the table next to ours I saw two interesting girls. As the bar was closing I decided to approach them. As I did so I bumped into a chair next to them (great fucking start, eh?) and said "Hey! I saw you here and wanted to tell you that I think you're really attractive and was intrigued by your tattoo. My name is Kai (I used my real name ofc.)) and I extended my hand".
"My name is Louise (not her real name, ofc.)" I introduced myself to her friend too.
There was some back-and-forth about where we're from, what we're studying... I did not see much interest at all from the girl I approached, more so from her friend, actually. Not knowing what to say, I asked her friend if her necklace was the symbol of Nilfgaard. They, of course had no idea what I was talking about and I just blurted out that it was something from a video game, the Witcher. (Why tf did I ask that?!!!)

We talked for a bit longer (can't remember) and Louise said I sound like google translate (omgggggg hahahahah).
I did not find it offensive, however, because nothing someone can say can be worse than the things I used to tell myself on a daily basis. I just replied "That's the first time someone has told me this, so... congratulations". "When you congratulate someone, you extend your hand" Louise said and extended hers and I shook it.
Anyway... talking about her tattoos, she showed me a tattoo on the inside of her lips after which her friend responded "You have a tattoo THERE?" (She did not know this). Then she said "could you assume that these are not my only tattoos?" to which I replied "Well, if you have one tattoo, it is possible that you have only one. If you have two tattoos, I would imagine that you have more". "That actually follows some logic" she told her friend.

Anyway... I didn't feel anything was happening. Next to no interest from her. More interest from her friend actually. So I just said "Well, this was fun, we had a few laughs. I'll see you around". The girl I approached gave me a fist bump and i returned to my friends.

Kind of a fuck up, tbh, but I approached a girl and I feel quite ok.

So, what could have I done better? (A lot of things, I know, but as a beginner, what should I focus on next?)

P.S. I've been told that I have a nice, deep voice actually. "You have a voice for presenting" a colleague of mine said after I finished a presentation in class once. However, it seems that I only have that voice when speaking about sth I find interesting... and these girls were not in any way interesting. One of them was just hot, so I approached.
My friends tell me that my voice is pretty monotone most of the time. How do I fix this?

>