zeratul's newbie assignment

zeratul

Rookie
Rookie
Hey guys. First up, this is me in brief:

I'm a 23 year old who lived in a decent sized city in South India (highly conservative and arranged marriages rule the roost) all my life. I spent most of my teenages and early adulthood to get into a good college and a well paying job. As a result, I have never had a girlfriend, nor even come as close as kissing a girl. Nevertheless I wouldn't say I am anti social. I get along well with most people but all interaction with girls to date has been only platonic, which is annoying. I find myself at the stage of my life where I want to get good at attracting girls and maintain that attraction, because the idea of arranged marriage repulses me.

I came across Girlschase only about a month ago and I read a LOT of the material on the website. It was very interesting because to this point I thought that pick up/ seduction techniques were only for western societies, but somehow after reading the material I felt a lot of it could work in any cultural setting! So this is my experiment - to test some of these things here in a fairly conservative Indian soceity, and if possible perhaps tweak it a little to suit the Indian paradigm. So this will be very interesting and is very exciting. Personally, the main goal would be to be able to talk to girls effortlessly, be able to attract them sexually, and also to improve my general social skillset.

So on to the assignment, I will be doing day game mainly for two reasons: 1) Night game is virtually non existent atleast in the city I live in. All girls who go to clubs only do so with their boyfriends. 2) I don't like night clubs. Mainly because I don't drink alcohol, and usually here it is a massive cockfest. 3) Ultimately I want to have a girlfriend, so I'm following Chase's advice to not date clubbing/drinking chicks.

Okay that's three reasons. So the places I will be trying out are Malls, Shopping markets and some streets. Since I have been socializing with random people here and there over the past few months, today I shall be skipping to try and say "Hi!" to 4 girls.

Wish me luck!

Z

zeratul

Rookie
Rookie
Long post alert.

Day 1

Ok this was far from an ideal start. But I did get something out of it. The goal was to say "Hi!" to 4 different attractive girls. The first location was the most famous mall in town. And there were a LOT of people. Among them a LOT of pretty girls. I didn't really expect that! It was surprising and overwhelming. So I decided to take it easy and walk around the mall for a bit and look for good opportunities. Along the way I could see some girls sort of check me out using my peripherals, but most of them weren't that attractive to me and I chickened out of talking to the rest of them. I was also getting kind of self conscious about the T - shirt I was wearing - It was a lot smaller than what I'm used to wearing usually. So finally after about 1.5 hours of walking around the mall going up and down I was getting pretty hungry, so I settled at a table overlooking the street at the food court. On the table to the left of me, a tall, attractive looking woman was sitting facing away. She had an ice cream she was eating, earphones in her ears and looking into her phone, texting presumably. It looked like she was waiting for someone, I guessed it must be for a guy. So I finished my coffee and my vanilla muffin (which tasted fucking orgasmic) and sat there to contemplate whether to say hi or not. I was leaning more to "let this be a day where I survey the location better and come back to say Hi another day" but I managed to get my ass up off that chair and sat down on the chair opposite to her. She was understandably startled. She looked a lot older than what I imagined she would be - something like 28 or 29. She also didn't look Indian. So the conversation went something like this:

Me: *Sitting down* Phew. Sorry I'm late.
Her: *Startled as fuck* Can I help you?
Me: *Nervous as fuck* Hi!I'm Z. *Held out my hand for a shake, she didn't reciprocate. (face palm)*
Her: Hi.
Me: I just thought you were cute and sitting all alone so I felt kinda bad.
Her: Oh really * A little smile*
Me: Yeah. You didn't tell me your name yet!
Her: It's ABC.
Me: Oh hi. So you're waiting for someone?
Her: Yeah. My guy actually. We usually come here to meet up.
Me: Oh and he hasn't shown up yet.
Her: Yeah
Me: I saw you eating that ice cream all by yourself so I felt sad. * I was feeling a little relaxed by now*
Her: Yeah I couldn't finish it! Usually he helps out but he didn't show up today!
Me: What an asshole! Leaving a pretty girl like you alone like this! *Don't know where this came from*
Her: Hey don't say that! *Smiling*
Me: OK. So where you from?
Her: For what?
Me: Just curious.
Her: Yeah I live in this city now. *Takes her earphones off*
Me: Well you don't look Indian.
Her: Yeah my mom is Scottish and my dad is Assamese. I'm from Shillong.
Me: Ah. I see. That's cool.
Her: Yeah I work as a make up artist.
Me: I'm sorry I don't know what that is. Do you do make up of celebrities and stuff? *I seriously didn't know*
Her: *Offended* Did you see that MAC store downstairs? I work there.
Me: Oh yeah that store. Cool.
Her: Yeah *Putting on her earphones again, digging back into her phone.*
Me: Well I'll get going then. Good talking to you! * Guessed that was my cue to beat it. *
Her: Right!

It was pathetic, but it was my first and it took a lot of me forcibly pushing myself out of that social inertia to initiate, which I thought I didn't have. I was shit nervous for most of the conversation (excepts for the bits in between). However, I noticed that in the period where I was beginning to relax I was able to say things very easily and subconsciously. This is encouraging for me because now I know that if I am somehow able to bring myself to that level of relaxation early I can more out of the conversation.

Anyways after that I felt a lot better than before the coffee and went back downstairs, but couldn't get myself to talk to other girls. Looking back I'm kicking myself for not using that social momentum. However, I did manage to answer an entire survey for a political activist dude (I would've cold assed the fuck out of that normally.). This ended up in that activist guy inviting me to a gathering about that issue tomorrow at 2 o clock in the afternoon! He also introduced me to his other activist friend (hot female) and this led to a small conversation with her about where I work and that I should totally come to the event! So I'm looking forward to tomorrow and fingers are crossed to find some passionate activist hotties there!

Overall though I would give myself a 2/10 for today. I failed to accomplish the tasks I set for myself, and hope to do that tomorrow after the said event.

Wish me luck!

Z

zeratul

Rookie
Rookie
Long post alert. This might be a recurring theme with my thread because I am trying to write everything down and try to over analyze things.

Couldn't post immediately after day 2 because I came home very late that night and had shit loads of work to take care of back at office. Anyaways here's:

Day 2

First up, the activism meeting wasn't as I had expected. The only people who attended it were really old and angry with the government people, and a few hipsters. The hot female activist I met briefly the previous day was there but was heck busy organising shit, and as it turned out the meeting had a very serious tone to it so I didn't think it appropriate to try anything.

I left a little early and headed out to another mall - one that is very far away from town but quite close to the location of the meeting so I thought what the heck. This mall was the biggest in town, had stores of the best global brands so it usually attracted a great crowd. It was a Sunday and boy was it full. There were a LOT of people, of all ages. I was once again overwhelmed, so I thought I'll take it easy for a while and walk around. While I did that I thought I might as well observe people's postures and make some eye contact with girls. I observed that people with good posture always created a perception of added height somehow. I did notice that in general attractive looking people had better posture (straight backs, head held high, etc). This also made me kind of self conscious about my own posture and walking style. I am told I have a weird walking style (more of a military march sort of thing, since I was in the National Cadet Corps as a kid), so I tried to slow the walk down and relax a bit. I was able to make eye contact with a lot of girls. It was pretty weird. Like I passed by this one girl who was sat down with her boyfriend and I was walking past them slowly and we made eye contact and held it for about (what it felt like) 5 - 6 seconds before she looked away. She wasn't conveying anything though, just seemed like a very very neutral eye contact. I was tiring a lot by now so I thought I'd get my cup of magic Joe and muffins at the top floor's food court. While sitting down I tried to take up space and relax and I did get a lot more glances than I usually do.

Feeling refreshed from the coffee I headed out to achieve my goal for the day - to say Hi to atleast 4 beautiful girls. Immediately I realised that I had been very lucky the first day - finding a pretty girl all on her own sitting down. But today, every girl was either with her guy/family/girlfriends. So the only choice I had was to approach girl groups. This was fucking terrifying to me ever since the girl group in my class in middle school made fun of me for trying to talk to a crush (A girl in the group). After nearly giving up, and contemplating a journal entry here saying I have failed which would mean a step backward, I went back up to accomplish the task.

The first girl was chatting with her friend while sitting at a table in the food court. I approached their table from the side where she could see me front on, I hoped for eye contact before opening, but it never happened before I arrived at their table. They were going to get up to leave I suppose. I stood next to the table and said "Hi!" in a lowish volume. She was surprised and didn't say anything. But I said " I thought you were cute so I come say Hi!", to which she replied with a "Oh. OK.." and then just signalled her friend and they got up. So I just turned back and left too. It was fucking pathetic, but the worse was to come.

The second girl was gorgeous and was also sitting with her friend. I noticed her and once I saw her make eye contact for a fleeting period, I headed her way. While I approached her knew I was coming and looked like she told her friend that. Then immediately she stared nervously around as if she had not seen me coming towards her. She then looked down and started eating her muffin. But I managed to say "Hi" to her. I didn't get a reply. So I said the other sentence. No response. I introduced my self and asked for her name. Still nothing. Then I said "You're not going to tell me your name are you?" She still ignored me so I said "Well have fun with your muffin." Or something like that and tried to walk away quickly. It was a disaster. I did notice something: I started off in a pretty confident tone but as she kept ignoring me the confidence and volume kept dropping, and by the the time I said the muffin dialogue I was probably barely audible and was fumbling way too much. I have to correct this.

The third girl was the girl in the blue superman T shirt. GOD THE GIRL IN THE BLUE SUPERMAN T SHIRT. She was walking towards me with her girlfriend checking out various stores. I was feeling like shit for the previous two blunders (which were probably not my fault, in retrospect). They just stopped in front of me to check out some men's clothes store for some reason. The friend had already started walking past me when I stepped up to her and said hi in very low volume. She turned and WOW she was pretty. I have never rated girls but she would probably be a 9. So being me, I was out of words. She looked at me said "Oh Hi! I'm sorry I couldn't hear you." and pulled back her friend. I said " Oh well um um.. Have I seen you umm.. Have I seen you at that mall?" (Facepalm x 10000). She was like "Umm.. no.. Sorry.." And signalled her friend to start moving again, while still making eye contact. Something about that told me if I had said something else she would've been more responsive but damn. I fucked it up. This was the "Kicking myself moment of the day".

The fourth girl was a much older girl but she was just happened to walk past me when I just blurted out a Hi! Which she didn't even winch at. :-|

So overall it was a disaster. I realised today that I need to get back to the basics and get my fundamentals handled. That'll be the focus for me over the week - to try and practice my posture, walk and try to get a confidence mentality overall. Next week I want to say Hi to 4 girls in a more confident manner, which warrants a reply and try to hold that conversation for a while.

Z

>