48 Laws Of Power: Contradictory laws

Boom_1982

Space Monkey
space monkey
Please share your perspective. In the book 48 laws of power, I think following two rules on reputation and attention control are contradictory to each other as it applies in game of seduction.

Author suggests to protect reputation at any cost to avoid loss of power however also mentions that negative attention is equally good to gain power. My question is, how can I remain reputed and high quality if I'm getting -ve attention due to sleeping with several women? Will that -ve attention not harm my reputation?

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Please share your perspective. In the book 48 laws of power, I think following two rules on reputation and attention control are contradictory to each other as it applies in game of seduction.

Author suggests to protect reputation at any cost to avoid loss of power however also mentions that negative attention is equally good to gain power. My question is, how can I remain reputed and high quality if I'm getting -ve attention due to sleeping with several women? Will that -ve attention not harm my reputation?

Most people aren't in a position to take real advantage of them. It's like knowing everything about basketball strategy while you are just a fan of the game sitting in the seats, not a player on the court.

So step 1 is getting in the game. Law 25 - Recreate yourself.

After that, remember that 48 is an arbitrary number, and the reader has to see that different tools for different jobs.

Moreover 48 Laws applies to Power, and so they have to be adapted to Seduction.

For the 48 laws to truly work in the realm of seduction as advertised - there has to be some sort of power framework
  • Someone at the top that has the power to include and exclude
  • Inclusion and exclusion is something valuable
  • There are people moving upwards and also people falling.
So if you're at the local night time venue, you are doing more than being some verbal assassin whispering magical words and taking chicks back to your secret nerd lair. You are trying to be one of the people the venue that is recognized and welcomed in by people of note.
  • Going from customer to important customer.
  • Going from normal customer to regular.
  • Going from a guy that brings dates, to a guy that brings a fair number of attractive women to the venue.
  • First name basis with club staff
  • Holding afterparties
  • etc
Very few guys are still doing this in the modern era. Thus using the 48 laws doesn't really kick in, because the chicks in the venue don't recognize you as someone that's playing that game. You're just another guy, running your set. Maybe you can run some mild frame game, but unless the chick is in the same world (and they aren't), it's not going to be effective.

I wrote this post recently about adapting 48 laws to seduction. This is a quick example of understanding how laws sorta work when it comes to seduction.

1. Law 2: Never Put Too Much Trust in Friends. Use Your Enemies - Friends - Your boys will mess up your game, learn to roll solo. Enemies - In a club setting/social setting - when one of your competitors fails, use his failure as your opening.
You have to use your understanding of pick up and of social dynamics to really shoe horn 48 laws into it.

WIA

sab

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I would recommend his more relevant and pertinent book on the topic. The Art of Seduction. Humans are too complex and cannot be programmed by a set of deterministic equations. We make different choices. It is an Art - not a science, seems trite to say it.

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

The laws aren’t meant to be followed in succession. They’re meant to be used independently in accordance to what fits your situation.

They’re like insight onto situations you may come across. In a way they keep you from making key mistakes. For example one of the laws mentions “never outshining the master”, this is useful in situations where you are subordinate, but it wouldn’t matter if it were in a competition of sorts.

Last edited:

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I would recommend his more relevant and pertinent book on the topic. The Art of Seduction. Humans are too complex and cannot be programmed by a set of deterministic equations. We make different choices. It is an Art - not a science, seems trite to say it.

I actually think 48 Laws is more actionable than Art of Seduction. The big problem with AoS is the archetypes/victims. That classification is good for an overview of literature/fiction, but not so much real life.

The key issue with AoS vs pick up is in the very beginning of the book - Choosing the right victim

In terms of merely putting P into V, selection is is very helpful, as is becoming more conventionally attractive.

But in my view the aim of game is not to prey on weak targets or to screen for high interest girls - but to convert the skeptical and non-interested.

The weird thing about pick up, is the better you get at it, the less and less you convert. Notch count grows, but one's game does not.

WIA

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

This questions will keep popping.
Macro Micro are merging.

Before I answer your question, I don't have your answer but here's the clues that I can show you to.

First:

Recently, We were in the chats talking about what drives us. For me, I didn't know I love education until I change the representation. Representation here means school.

There was some heated comments because I was really persistent with the guys and forcing them to be nuance. I was kinda forcing them to be specific. Do they like maths or do they like calculation?

They are two completely different things.

Second:

I do get pissed off when Chase says that girls are silly n cute. That's like saying vegetables taste great because I put fucking sauce on it.

Now, is Chase naive or Chase is running a business or is that the words he used as vehicle (linguistic since this is a forum) to reach me and how he behaves in real life that helps mitigate and filter out toxic girls, are 2 completely different things.

Here's the clues to your answer

- The Representation
(Zac wasn't inspired by school enough but he loves education later on once representation is change)

- Vehicle to send the Idea, The Reality, The Idea
(Chase told Zac that girls are silly n cute, but Zac doesn't see that Chase has filtering system to Cluster BIATCH females. And the vehicle here is a forum, linguistic. Words)

- The Enemy, The Girl you want to fuck

- The Tribe
(The people who pays $7 a month compared to the people who pays $1997 a month. Unless you go boutique/niche, the zombies, matter. Zombie lifes Matter.)

- Flavor of the month
(If Zac goes to New York and he has the same beliefs as New Yorkers, he wearing a MAGA hat, creates a negative momentum despite what he says)

I hope this helps.

laws aren’t meant to be followed in succession. They’re meant to be used independently in accordance to what fits your situation

I agree with Sunking notes here.

But here's the issue. You are taking in a new narrative and you just realizing that you don't even know what is your system, your way of thinking, your processes. You are not even sure if you will put in the macro (the whole book) or the micro (some notes).

That's the issue here.

So Yea..... I'm guess you don't understand. Even GC members might think I am an idiot for this post. Haha

Anyway, Don't worry. This is not just you. This is what is happening to society, right now. Macro Micro issues are merging, in my opinion.

z@c+

sab

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
How can you remember all these 48 laws in your brain when you approach a girl in a bar and which law to apply? I think it's not practical. It's good intellectual and entertaining book with good insights in the business world/politics/sales etc...Even the Art of Seduction is a bit removed from pick-up and has limited implementation in the field. It's still an excellent book because it provides a good overall framework for me to understand the social dynamics between men and women.

Last edited:

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
How can you remember all these 48 laws in your brain when you approach a girl in a bar and which law to apply? I think it's not practical. It's good intellectual and entertaining book with good insights in the business world/politics/sales etc...Even the Art of Seduction is a bit removed from pick-up and has limited implementation in the field. It's a good overall framework for me to understand social dynamics between men and women.

it is the wrong mindset to look for things you can focus on and remember in field. Thats not how good training works. You wanna work and train things so that they come to you in field in momentum. This means repeated practice, field application, reflection and reorientation along the ability to execute socalled laws. to enact them. And they will come to you while in action vs trying to run a remembered checklist in field if you run drills like i outlined. This way you will slowly layer things and increase the complexity of your unfolding and arsenal as an applied toolbox and guiding perspectives like the 48 laws.

Boom_1982

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks for all your inputs. Looks like there was miscommunication from my side because I do not plan to leverage these rules in the order as they appear or as checklist. These laws help me with knowledge of which rule to follow based on situation presented before me. My question was specifically around two rules on reputation and attention but I understand now that there are so many nuances involved and I should not make mistake of combining both laws and looking at them together because each law is meant to be used in isolation

>