A Big Question

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
In the Article "The 5 Ways to Answer a Challenge in Social Situations", on high status individuals, i would like to know the personal opinions from our moderators and tribal elders here, and also Cro Magno Man(ones with the yellow logo) how is it like to be socially challenge by people too often once you reached a high level of status. I am sure everyone whom you guys have reached the level of dating success have a lot of people literally trying to kick you guys almost when given the opportunity. Sometimes it can be crazy. I assume having social proof also helps fending off those not-needed encounters too?

Pls do get back :)

Zac

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Zac,

I am sure everyone whom you guys have reached the level of dating success have a lot of people literally trying to kick you guys almost when given the opportunity. Sometimes it can be crazy. I assume having social proof also helps fending off those not-needed encounters too?

I'm not sure about Chase, but I've actually had less challenges brought before me now that I have improved my game. I think this occurs as you become more socially savvy and smooth. I almost never get challenged by anyone for anything anymore. I have a very warm, sexual vibe about me at this point that usually just draws people to me -- men want to make friends with me and women want to get to know me.

Whenever I'm around guys, they pick up on my level of comfort and sharp wit, so they have little reason to challenge me for anything. With women, it is usually the same thing, actually. I can't even remember the last time I was in a situation where I was socially challenged -- other than women shit-testing me while I am trying to pick them up... but this will always happen. Outside of that, challenges seem pretty non-existent to me these days.

EDIT: I read the article you were referring to Zac, and I noticed Chase claims the following:

If you're high in status, the opposite is true: you're frequently challenged by others, have more challengers than you have time to deal with, and can frequently have your entire life taken over by dealing with challengers if you let it be.

This doesn't really happen to me (other than by the women I am trying to take home with me), but I would like to hear his input on this. Some examples of times that his high social status lead to a challenge by outside individuals (and not the woman he is picking up) would be cool to hear about.

- Franco

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hi Franco,

Franco said:
If you're high in status, the opposite is true: you're frequently challenged by others, have more challengers than you have time to deal with, and can frequently have your entire life taken over by dealing with challengers if you let it be.

Apparently I get challenged by others, more like verbal words from people every now and then, from friends testing you(sometimes) to even the most random person in the world. I just don't get it at times though. Maybe they feel intimidated, i would argue that i make myself humble and not messing up with people when there isn't a need to. I greet new friends, and be warm to them, at least. Not sarcasm or 'over the top' things.

So yea, i feel retarded i get challenge for no reason. It can be annoying when it's around the corner sometimes.

Even guys, when i talk to their girlfriends on facebook or anywhere, which apparents to be my friends in school, feels like i'm taking them away.

Zac

Light

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Zac,

You have raised a very good topic to talk about. What Chase wrote is really short to the point, and there are still minor details missing which you can discuss on. It is a very philosophical discussion.

You see, people will challenge you anyway for different reasons:
- They have a big ego, and just love the feeling of putting people in their own place (They like to be right all the time).
- They have a certain way of doing things (a certain belief system), so if you do things that is out of the ordinary, they will challenge you.
- They envy you, or jealous of you, and they just love to see you fall for no particular reason.
- And many more reasons...

Did you know that the two elements you need to create True Love is the perfect balance of both Support and Challenges?
So even in couples who love each other, there will always be challenges.
The main reason being that as human beings, We Need Challenges To Help Us Grow!

As Living beings: "If You Are Not Growing, Then You Are Dying".

What seems to be misunderstood here is that, people don't just challenge those who are high in status. They will also challenge those who are not!
Do not be deceived that you are high in status just because you are always challenged by A**holes.
Those who are high in status may not even get challenged at all, and here is why.

To answer your question, I will tell you why people like Franco and I don't really get many challenges even though we may be quite high up in the status ladder:
Because we have also gained the Respect.
Remember that Chase mentioned in the blog, it is not just Status, but it is also Respect too.
The funny thing about Respect is; you must earn it, and once you have earned that Respect, people won't challenge you.
They know you are highly respected, and they dare not challenge you. Instead, they want to be your friend. They want to be like you. They will want your help.

That is the Key. You want to be high up in the status ladder, but you also want to get up there in the right way, where people give you the same level of respect. These are the people who will catch you should you ever fall!

There are two types of people up in the ladder: The Boss, and The Mentor.
Just like in a job, most people dislike the boss. He just tells you what to do, and you work hard day and night making him rich. He is selfish, and cares little for you. This is also true in mafia gangs, and other bigger groups of society.
Where as the Mentor, is there to guide you, to help you, and you respect him because he is the opposite of the boss. People like teachers, masters, and none the least - Your Father (assuming you have a good father, and elder siblings too).

The Boss will receive many challenges with little support, where as the Mentor will receive many Support with less challenges!

Guess which type the people here are? Thats right - We are the Mentors! Otherwise I wouldn't be posting here trying to help everyone right?
So your journey should be one of a Mentor, where you aim to help others around you, and gain that same level of respect as you up your game in the status ladder.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey fellas,

On the smaller scale, once you're high enough status, you won't be challenged by people who know you well or realize the potential social repercussions of doing so. So, to an extent, you will see a subsiding of DIRECT challenges as you become socially more established in higher default social positions.

You WILL tend to get people testing the waters, but once you're socially savvy enough to be high status most of them you brush aside without even realizing they were trying to challenge you. You just ignore them, and they get brushed away. Or, you ignore them and let the girl handle them for you. In that regard, it's rather easy.

However, as you rise further in status, the lower status people frequently begin to resent you, even if you're a "benevolent king." Imagine the good-natured jock at school who dates all the pretty girls and is always friendly with everyone, but still has low status individuals whisper mean-spirited things about him behind his back because they want to dismiss his success as a fluke and elevate themselves as the ones who "should" be successful. Or think of a guy like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, who no matter how good a job he does with his company, there are countless pundits speculating and speaking ill of each man, trying to elevate their own status by condemning someone else.

The challenges usually don't come from other high status individuals once you're high enough status. Instead, its lots of little insignificant people nipping at your heels, trying to bring you death by a thousand cuts, instead of some guy trying to tool you out at a bar somewhere. It's why celebrities come to hate the paparazzi and delve into drugs; it's to escape all the little people digging away at them to dismiss their success, call them incompetents who somehow got lucky, and elevate themselves at the others' expenses by proclaiming that THEY are the REAL talents / experts / ones who "should" be successful / listened to / celebrated / honored / loved.

The frustrating thing about this is that you can't "beat" it, like you can with a normal social challenge. In a normal social challenge, some guy tries to challenge you for your girl, you just ignore him, and he leaves looking and feeling like a fool. But when you're high enough status to attract hundreds or thousands of millions of random dissenters (e.g., imagine a president or a prime minister, and all the detractors HE attracts), you can't address them individually... it's impossible.

I have a theory that the dictators who crush dissent don't usually do it out of an effort to stay in power, in fact; I think they do it because they simply can't handle the sheer crush of nameless, faceless challengers, and instead just want to destroy anyone who dares raise a voice or a fist against them.

The only thing you can try to do at this stage is simply tune this out, not expose yourself to channels of dissent except through filters (e.g., people who are monitoring discontent for you and telling you the core messages that keep cropping up), and trying to address the core messages where possible to take away the teeth of challengers. If you let yourself be exposed to too much of the constant negativity, defeatism, and vitriol of low level challengers when you're high-enough status, it eventually wears you down and breaks you.

Anyway, that's what I meant ;)

Chase

Eric

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I have an article 70% written up on this subject and how to fix it, which I sent to Chase.

Covers a good amount of my experience with challenges and how I was causing them / what I did to prevent them from appearing (instead of just dealing with them as they appeared)

Edit: Finishing up the article.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I was actually overwhelm at the reception of my friends and people sometimes, because while i am working on my life earlier this year, without knowing Girlschase yet, i literally had two sides of group of friends and people that have totally different vast opinions of me. One group was good, the other was bad. Good as in they were non-judgemental, fun and everything is really conversational, we can do things even after not meeting for some time, something i like. The other was bad, as in they were more to being familiar rather than try something new, for me that time was trying to be someone, meeting new girls and stuff, but they more to conservative. Halfway i just drop everybody.

PErhaps i can take it as a learning experience, IT was pressurizing, i can't explain it but that's how it is. I am editing my social circle at the moment. I am expecting a tough ride.

Oh btw, Eric, hope the article will be great. :)! if it does being posted, it might help.

Zac

>