FU 
A cowboy without a horse (a man without a plan)

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
So it's been a good long time since I have really gone out and done night game. For one I am relatively new to the city I moved to, and it's been winter time. I haven't really known the good places to game and people haven't really been out much. But any way I went out tonight for the first time in ages. Decent night in general, but definitely rusty when it comes to night game.

Oh another important note is that I am currently not in a living situation that is really good for pulling. I need to get this sorted ASAP, because not having a place to pull (other than my car) is definitely one of the major factors that sunk me hear. If not the defining factor.

I found this two stepping country and western bar that attracts a large crowd and there were a decent amount of hotties there. Fairly even ratios men to women, with maybe just a bit more men.

Didn't really see a lot of dudes that stood out as seasoned players, whole place seemed to have a little bit of a more wholesome vibe to it.

The women were definitely approachable and I started out with opening a fair number of 2 sets and 3 sets. Was feeling pretty sociable.

There a two set that I probably should have stuck with cause I could tell that one of them really wanted me to stay and chat. Some younger gals, must have been 21. But the night was young and I wanted to see what the venue had to offer.

Venue has a decent amount of spots to disappear in, which came in handy, when I didn't want to be seen. Take breaks between sets and all that.

Eventually I opened a two set of these two 28 year old nurses. They were standing in front of some 'whiskey barrels" (just decorations) I was like "You to clearly have the answer to a very intriguing question" They were like "what's that" and I was like "what is in these mysterious barrels?"

Any way, I will spare you all the banter we had, but I was really hitting it off with them. And it was super clear who I was hitting it of with, Charlotte. The other ones name was Mary, and her twin sister showed up soon after, Melissa. Melissa lives here in the city. Mary, lives out of state, and Charlotte lives 3 hours away in a rural part of the state.

Charlotte is this super bubbly brunette with a perfect little peach of a booty. We are flirting and teasing each other. I make a joke about us getting married, then I am like just kidding we just met. That kind of stuff. Mary and Melissa were pretty won over as well and I was including them in the convo when necessary. Charlotte and I were vibing, but I hadn't quite locked us into a bubble yet.

I would say I was chatting with them for about 7 or 8 minutes at this point so not too deep in. Plus the night was young. They decide to go do some shots and dance for a song or two, so I figure I'll just open them again in a bit. I had done some pretty solid ground work at this point, re opening would be simple.

I walk around the venue a bit, but at this moment there isn't too many opportunities to open, so I go sit on a patio where there is hardly any one and just mind my own business out of sight out of mind. Some time passes and I walk around a bit, still not the best for opening but I make due with my surrounds and blend in in a way that doesn't make me look like "that guy" who just sticks out.

Eventually I see Mary sitting by herself and I figure it couldn't hurt to get her on my side a bit. So we chat and have a genuine sort of convo about this and that. Super chill and friendly. Not too long after Charlotte and Melissa come back, and there is some dude with Melissa who I guess she has been seeing for about a month.

So that's the cast of characters here. Mary, who is clearly the alpha of the crew of ladies. Melissa and Charlie who are bit of an item. And then of course there is me and Charlotte. We are hitting it off. Charlotte and I are flirting and locking in on each other more and there is kino. I am touching the swell of her back as we talk and what not. Things are going well.

I forget exactly why I made this call but I decided it would be good to pull her out on the dance floor, even though I don't know a damn thing about two stepping.

It wasn't a bad move per se, but it didn't exactly lead to anything smoldering. It was still fun and flirty, but I was having trouble bringing things up a notch.

We head back to Mellissa, Charlie, and Mary.

Pretty soon after we arrive some other dude asks Charlotte for a dance, but he feels totally non threatening and the whole line dance thing is like that, so I am like whatever I will just hang back. Melissa and Charlie go to dance as well so it is just me and Mary again.

I figure since Mary is the alpha I will get her on my side and maybe she will help make things happen. I ask her what would happen if I stole Charlotte away. She asked me what I had in mind and this is where I encountered the wall of having no where to pull to. I certainly wasn't going to tell her "well I just want to cruise around with her in my car at 1 am. So I told her that Charlotte and I are just hitting it off and it would be cool to keep exploring that. She understood, but it was also clear I didn't have a clear game plan. She did give me some intel on Charlotte though and told me that she is definitely into older dudes (which I later teased when charlotte asked how old I am I said "older than you, that's for sure" and she loved it).

So Charlotte and Mellissa and Charlie comeback and we all hanging and and the girls decide it is time for a bathroom break. Obviously they are going to discuss the order of the evening. I am getting fairly tired and I am not sure how far this is really going, especially because my obviously bad logistics. So I tell the gals I might head out soon.

Charlotte is visibly disappointed and asks me to stay. and I am like "you want me to stay?" and she is like "if you want to" and I give a somewhat ambiguous answer.

Charlie and I chat a bit and it's not bad per se, but we aren't really hitting it off per se. After about 6 minutes or so I decide I am going to wonder around a bit.

I figure I will go hide out somewhere inconspicuous again to build intrigue "did he leave or didn't he" then show up again to try and get better momentum.

about 15 minutes pass and I head back to the crew and I can see that Charlotte is glad I showed up. We are being super close and flirty and I tell her I want to steal her away. She doesn't seem entirely opposed to it but wants to know what that means (arrrg, i need better logistics asap). I jus tell her I have family visiting otherwise I would invite her over to see my art. And I explain, that I just think we should keep spending time. She agrees, but then is like "i mean I am only in town for a night, and I am here with my girls and I am not sure what we would do" And I am like " I mean we could just cruise around and explore the city, I'll show you some songs I've been working on. Sure you're only here for a night but we have a cool connection and this is what life's about. I just think your sweet as punch and I want to show you an adventure while we're here.

She seems like she is genuinely considering this. But also, I am not sure that there is enough clarity in the plan, enough sexual tension to make her have fuck me right this moment vibes, plus she has to really have good cause to leave her friends.

Right about then, Charlie comes out of no where and asks her for a dance. Bro I knew this guy was gonna mess my shit up. He was like "unless you two wanna go for it"

Now I am in a bit of a bind because going to dance with her on Charlies suggestion, at such a crucial moment is not really the best move. My intuition tells me that it would just mess with the momentum.

Things were probably dead at this point But I still stuck it out to the bitter end. After a couple dances Charlotte comes back over and I am acting a bit more distant now, but still engaging. She comes over at one point and sits her nice round booty on my lap, and we are still hanging. But it is clear it most likely won't happen tonight.

It is closing time and we all walk to the parking lot together.

Mary and Charlotte and I are a bit ahead of Melissa and Charlie. They are considering getting an uber. I offer them a ride, figuring maybe there's still a shot. I have given friends rides before and had the girl I was gunning for stay back with me in the car after I drop them off, and play around with me in the car before going inside to be with her friend. So might as well give it one last Shot. Right then Melissa and Charlie catch up and Melissa is like "Charlie said he would give us a ride." Womp Womp Womp

Charlotte falls back with me for a moment to say good night. She is now visibly a little tipsy. The alcohol must have been kicking in. She was kind of awkward and I could tell a part of her didn't want to leave but there wasn't much to say. I told her to get home safe.

I think if I had just had a clear game plan, when I spoke with Mary about wanting to steal Charlotte away, she would have been way more on my side. She didn't seem to run interference at all, but she wasn't really an ally.

Also, If I had managed to have a clear game plan with Charlotte, she probably would have been more game to leave with me.

Really it was the logistics.

Not sure exactly why I went out with poor logistics. But I guess you never know, I've pulled crazier things off in the past.

Okay. Bed time

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
So it's been a good long time since I have really gone out and done night game. For one I am relatively new to the city I moved to, and it's been winter time. I haven't really known the good places to game and people haven't really been out much. But any way I went out tonight for the first time in ages. Decent night in general, but definitely rusty when it comes to night game.

Oh another important note is that I am currently not in a living situation that is really good for pulling. I need to get this sorted ASAP, because not having a place to pull (other than my car) is definitely one of the major factors that sunk me hear. If not the defining factor.

I found this two stepping country and western bar that attracts a large crowd and there were a decent amount of hotties there. Fairly even ratios men to women, with maybe just a bit more men.

Didn't really see a lot of dudes that stood out as seasoned players, whole place seemed to have a little bit of a more wholesome vibe to it.

The women were definitely approachable and I started out with opening a fair number of 2 sets and 3 sets. Was feeling pretty sociable.

There a two set that I probably should have stuck with cause I could tell that one of them really wanted me to stay and chat. Some younger gals, must have been 21. But the night was young and I wanted to see what the venue had to offer.

Venue has a decent amount of spots to disappear in, which came in handy, when I didn't want to be seen. Take breaks between sets and all that.

Eventually I opened a two set of these two 28 year old nurses. They were standing in front of some 'whiskey barrels" (just decorations) I was like "You to clearly have the answer to a very intriguing question" They were like "what's that" and I was like "what is in these mysterious barrels?"

Any way, I will spare you all the banter we had, but I was really hitting it off with them. And it was super clear who I was hitting it of with, Charlotte. The other ones name was Mary, and her twin sister showed up soon after, Melissa. Melissa lives here in the city. Mary, lives out of state, and Charlotte lives 3 hours away in a rural part of the state.

Charlotte is this super bubbly brunette with a perfect little peach of a booty. We are flirting and teasing each other. I make a joke about us getting married, then I am like just kidding we just met. That kind of stuff. Mary and Melissa were pretty won over as well and I was including them in the convo when necessary. Charlotte and I were vibing, but I hadn't quite locked us into a bubble yet.

I would say I was chatting with them for about 7 or 8 minutes at this point so not too deep in. Plus the night was young. They decide to go do some shots and dance for a song or two, so I figure I'll just open them again in a bit. I had done some pretty solid ground work at this point, re opening would be simple.

I walk around the venue a bit, but at this moment there isn't too many opportunities to open, so I go sit on a patio where there is hardly any one and just mind my own business out of sight out of mind. Some time passes and I walk around a bit, still not the best for opening but I make due with my surrounds and blend in in a way that doesn't make me look like "that guy" who just sticks out.

Eventually I see Mary sitting by herself and I figure it couldn't hurt to get her on my side a bit. So we chat and have a genuine sort of convo about this and that. Super chill and friendly. Not too long after Charlotte and Melissa come back, and there is some dude with Melissa who I guess she has been seeing for about a month.

So that's the cast of characters here. Mary, who is clearly the alpha of the crew of ladies. Melissa and Charlie who are bit of an item. And then of course there is me and Charlotte. We are hitting it off. Charlotte and I are flirting and locking in on each other more and there is kino. I am touching the swell of her back as we talk and what not. Things are going well.

I forget exactly why I made this call but I decided it would be good to pull her out on the dance floor, even though I don't know a damn thing about two stepping.

It wasn't a bad move per se, but it didn't exactly lead to anything smoldering. It was still fun and flirty, but I was having trouble bringing things up a notch.

We head back to Mellissa, Charlie, and Mary.

Pretty soon after we arrive some other dude asks Charlotte for a dance, but he feels totally non threatening and the whole line dance thing is like that, so I am like whatever I will just hang back. Melissa and Charlie go to dance as well so it is just me and Mary again.

I figure since Mary is the alpha I will get her on my side and maybe she will help make things happen. I ask her what would happen if I stole Charlotte away. She asked me what I had in mind and this is where I encountered the wall of having no where to pull to. I certainly wasn't going to tell her "well I just want to cruise around with her in my car at 1 am. So I told her that Charlotte and I are just hitting it off and it would be cool to keep exploring that. She understood, but it was also clear I didn't have a clear game plan. She did give me some intel on Charlotte though and told me that she is definitely into older dudes (which I later teased when charlotte asked how old I am I said "older than you, that's for sure" and she loved it).

So Charlotte and Mellissa and Charlie comeback and we all hanging and and the girls decide it is time for a bathroom break. Obviously they are going to discuss the order of the evening. I am getting fairly tired and I am not sure how far this is really going, especially because my obviously bad logistics. So I tell the gals I might head out soon.

Charlotte is visibly disappointed and asks me to stay. and I am like "you want me to stay?" and she is like "if you want to" and I give a somewhat ambiguous answer.

Charlie and I chat a bit and it's not bad per se, but we aren't really hitting it off per se. After about 6 minutes or so I decide I am going to wonder around a bit.

I figure I will go hide out somewhere inconspicuous again to build intrigue "did he leave or didn't he" then show up again to try and get better momentum.

about 15 minutes pass and I head back to the crew and I can see that Charlotte is glad I showed up. We are being super close and flirty and I tell her I want to steal her away. She doesn't seem entirely opposed to it but wants to know what that means (arrrg, i need better logistics asap). I jus tell her I have family visiting otherwise I would invite her over to see my art. And I explain, that I just think we should keep spending time. She agrees, but then is like "i mean I am only in town for a night, and I am here with my girls and I am not sure what we would do" And I am like " I mean we could just cruise around and explore the city, I'll show you some songs I've been working on. Sure you're only here for a night but we have a cool connection and this is what life's about. I just think your sweet as punch and I want to show you an adventure while we're here.

She seems like she is genuinely considering this. But also, I am not sure that there is enough clarity in the plan, enough sexual tension to make her have fuck me right this moment vibes, plus she has to really have good cause to leave her friends.

Right about then, Charlie comes out of no where and asks her for a dance. Bro I knew this guy was gonna mess my shit up. He was like "unless you two wanna go for it"

Now I am in a bit of a bind because going to dance with her on Charlies suggestion, at such a crucial moment is not really the best move. My intuition tells me that it would just mess with the momentum.

Things were probably dead at this point But I still stuck it out to the bitter end. After a couple dances Charlotte comes back over and I am acting a bit more distant now, but still engaging. She comes over at one point and sits her nice round booty on my lap, and we are still hanging. But it is clear it most likely won't happen tonight.

It is closing time and we all walk to the parking lot together.

Mary and Charlotte and I are a bit ahead of Melissa and Charlie. They are considering getting an uber. I offer them a ride, figuring maybe there's still a shot. I have given friends rides before and had the girl I was gunning for stay back with me in the car after I drop them off, and play around with me in the car before going inside to be with her friend. So might as well give it one last Shot. Right then Melissa and Charlie catch up and Melissa is like "Charlie said he would give us a ride." Womp Womp Womp

Charlotte falls back with me for a moment to say good night. She is now visibly a little tipsy. The alcohol must have been kicking in. She was kind of awkward and I could tell a part of her didn't want to leave but there wasn't much to say. I told her to get home safe.

I think if I had just had a clear game plan, when I spoke with Mary about wanting to steal Charlotte away, she would have been way more on my side. She didn't seem to run interference at all, but she wasn't really an ally.

Also, If I had managed to have a clear game plan with Charlotte, she probably would have been more game to leave with me.

Really it was the logistics.

Not sure exactly why I went out with poor logistics. But I guess you never know, I've pulled crazier things off in the past.

Okay. Bed time
why you didn't go in??? I give rides to women all the time, then i go in...

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
why you didn't go in??? I give rides to women all the time, then i go in...

if you reread you'll see I didn't give them a ride, amigo. The other dude they were with swooped in and gave them a ride. I think he was playing watch dog a bit. He was more familiar with one of the gals. they'd been dating a month or so.

I didn't get an invite over either so something about the way I operated didn't entirely land. I think once I expressed intention to steal Charlotte away but didn't have a good plan the gals were a bit on guard. They still liked me but they couldn't tell my intentions exactly.

I think the dude started picking up on this and was playing watch dog a bit. I hadn't quite clicked with him earlier when it was just the two of us, otherwise maybe he would have winged for me a bit more. Instead he was kind of neutral, observing the ladies and making his moves based on what he thought was going on.

bottom line is that if I had managed to build "fuck me now" vibes with Charlotte, or provided a clear plan of action. She would have been way more about it and the rest of the crew would have been ally in making that happen.

But I didn't, so they were picking up on the fact that she wasn't 100% sold. And going watch dog to make sure that the dude she was hanging out with wasn't gonna pull any funny business.

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
if you reread you'll see I didn't give them a ride, amigo. The other dude they were with swooped in and gave them a ride. I think he was playing watch dog a bit. He was more familiar with one of the gals. they'd been dating a month or so.

I didn't get an invite over either so something about the way I operated didn't entirely land. I think once I expressed intention to steal Charlotte away but didn't have a good plan the gals were a bit on guard. They still liked me but they couldn't tell my intentions exactly.

I think the dude started picking up on this and was playing watch dog a bit. I hadn't quite clicked with him earlier when it was just the two of us, otherwise maybe he would have winged for me a bit more. Instead he was kind of neutral, observing the ladies and making his moves based on what he thought was going on.

bottom line is that if I had managed to build "fuck me now" vibes with Charlotte, or provided a clear plan of action. She would have been way more about it and the rest of the crew would have been ally in making that happen.

But I didn't, so they were picking up on the fact that she wasn't 100% sold. And going watch dog to make sure that the dude she was hanging out with wasn't gonna pull any funny businessi
I see, no you didn't do anything wrong unlikely for the dude to let you go with them.... unless she is the one that request to stay
.... I usually instruct them in what to say, such as tell them I am your gay friend from highschool etc... doesn't apply here though or tell them you want to stay longer so we can get to know each other more, I am safe and sober... But low odds, in your situation, sometimes she will counter and invite you over.

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
another potential strategy for success just dawned on me.

Charlotte was very locked into the social frame of going out dancing with her friends. I was basically hanging around that scene and trying pull her from there. But overall her level of compliance was low. I was getting small compliances but that was about it.

I didn't think to do this at the time but I should have "borrowed her" for just a moment from her crew, and moved her around the venue. It was a large venue and there was plenty to explore.

I could have come up with some simple reason to pull her away from the group to explore the venue with me.

This would have given me way more opportunity to pull her into my frame and out of the social frame she was in. Ratchet up tension and give her a good reason to invest in the pull.

really don't know why I didn't think to move her more as there were definitely multiple opportunities.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
another potential strategy for success just dawned on me.

Charlotte was very locked into the social frame of going out dancing with her friends. I was basically hanging around that scene and trying pull her from there. But overall her level of compliance was low. I was getting small compliances but that was about it.

I didn't think to do this at the time but I should have "borrowed her" for just a moment from her crew, and moved her around the venue. It was a large venue and there was plenty to explore.

I could have come up with some simple reason to pull her away from the group to explore the venue with me.

This would have given me way more opportunity to pull her into my frame and out of the social frame she was in. Ratchet up tension and give her a good reason to invest in the pull.

really don't know why I didn't think to move her more as there were definitely multiple opportunities.
Personally i am not a big fan of isolating from group, cause then they will be texting her or looking for her then they find her and you are done... I like just to be in a distance were the group can easily see me and she can see the group, or within the group have my own "bubble"

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Personally i am not a big fan of isolating from group, cause then they will be texting her or looking for her then they find her and you are done... I like just to be in a distance were the group can easily see me and she can see the group, or within the group have my own "bubble"
makes sense. still could have done more to get more compliance, move her somewhere where group can see, and build bubble.

I was kind of hanging around their scene too much and didn't do enough to get her into my frame.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
makes sense. still could have done more to get more compliance, move her somewhere where group can see, and build bubble.

I was kind of hanging around their scene too much and didn't do enough to get her into my frame.
yeah agree...

JT Sunshine

Space Monkey
space monkey
You could say you’re leaving, but tell her to walk out to your car with you to check out a song you’ve been working on before you go. You’re isolated, in a “private” location, and it’s less of an ask than to take a late night drive with you. I used to do this at college parties all the time when I had shit logistics.

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
You could say you’re leaving, but tell her to walk out to your car with you to check out a song you’ve been working on before you go. You’re isolated, in a “private” location, and it’s less of an ask than to take a late night drive with you. I used to do this at college parties all the time when I had shit logistics.
There was no re-entry at the venue. Which would have been an issue there. Suppose I could have paid for her re-entry but then it starts to look like I have an agenda

This could have still been a good move. Definitely at a venue with re entry. but I hadn't created enough of a bubble with her to have that kind of momentum.

Judging by the venue, I think there was probably a reason I didn't see a lot of playboys around. plenty of hotties. But I didn't get the vibe that it was really a pick up kind of bar. Not that it can't be done. But some venues will just be better than others

JT Sunshine

Space Monkey
space monkey
There was no re-entry at the venue. Which would have been an issue there. Suppose I could have paid for her re-entry but then it starts to look like I have an agenda

This could have still been a good move. Definitely at a venue with re entry. but I hadn't created enough of a bubble with her to have that kind of momentum.

Judging by the venue, I think there was probably a reason I didn't see a lot of playboys around. plenty of hotties. But I didn't get the vibe that it was really a pick up kind of bar. Not that it can't be done. But some venues will just be better than others

Damn, the no re-entry thing does put a huge damper on that plan. It’s not like you could just sneak off for a bit without having to both pay for re-entry.

Sounds like maybe the type of place that would be better for getting numbers and trying to get back to her place on the day 2 if you can’t go to yours - but her logistics wouldn’t have worked for that.

>