A Part Deux of Alek's Fashion Article?

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
That's true man. I think a lot of style advice, both online and off, becomes regurgitated bits of wisdom that mostly aims to impress other men. So it's always cool to hear about stuff that pleases women. The conditioning runs pretty deep... there's always a bit of shame when one starts dressing sexier. Tighter fits and louder patterns draw attention and I think it's usually the bad kind from other men. So I think those starting out must be a little insensitive to this kind of feedback, and more responsive to chicks' feedback. I dunno why as a straight guy that social pressure affects me a bit.

Men are socially programmed to comfort - this is how society is maintained. No evil conspiracy here, just a necessity. A good man, is a conforming man.

On the 80s/90s trend, gotcha. I sorta see it everywhere now. Streetwear and contemporary style, as well as hip-hop/pop start style (both undoubtably linked) really are projecting a certain image now.

It just looks awful and I never see women finding this style sexy.
Guess it's up to us to experiment and see what fits. I see what you mean when the Casios and Gshocks are ugly. They really are, to my eye. But, in the spirit of experimentation, I've gone ahead and bought the gold Casio. I wanna see if I get any results from riding the wave :) amazon better be ready for my returns if I don't lol

I will not hold you back from experimenting. Please report back - although it will most likely just be neglected. Nobody really cares about a Casio watch.
I hear ya on the Adidas sweatpants -- I own a pair and they're strictly lounging material for me.

Ditto.

I just bought a pair of black skinny jeans from Uniqlo today. i want to see if I can pull those off with a couple v-neck t-shirts, or a patterned shirt with a cardigan, and chelseas.

Make sure they are loose around your balls. You don't want to mess your blood flow down there.

Also Skinny jeans can be comfortable... IF it is made of the right tissue - usually elastic tissue. Stiff tissue is in my opinion just bad. The cut can vary and a PARTICULAR skinny jean may be comfortable for one person and not for another, and vice versa. Finding comfortable skinny jeans can be though.
i want to see if I can pull those off with a couple v-neck t-shirts, or a patterned shirt with a cardigan, and chelseas.

Depends on the Cardigan!
Hey, thanks a bunch for your time over hear Alek. I really appreciate your feedback/opinions man!

You are more than welcome!

Best,
Alek

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thanks for taking the time to go trough my post so thorougly, and the goal here is to bring home the bacon not just get complements and you guys are most certainly ahead of me there so my own style was mostly for reference. Therefore I'm not offended if yous dont pay any attention.

I mean if works for you, it works for you - but careful here: does it work BECAUSE of your style, or DESPITE of your style. If it is the latter, then your style sucks, but that means your game is on point. I wouldn't say the opposite means your game sucks, because good style can complement good game :)

Hence the compliment factor is key though - especially when girls opens you in field (in club settings and bars). Thanks to my style I barely have to open girls in clubs.

They see a flashy sequin jacket...

And BAM!

1623982099880.png

(I actually own this one and it is a killer! It is even more golden irl... and even more flashy!)

with distractions i mean something incoherent to the overall impression be that in the outfit itself or in relation to the wearer

OK gotcha. I will agree here - if you are not CONGRUENT with your style, it will have a weak, or even an unfavorable impact on your interactions. One thing is to dress X way, but the hard part is learning to pull it off with the right attitude. Pulling of clothes is the models secret weapon (what they are really trained to do!)

Personally i'm short with somewhat of a baby face so I feel a need to go with less extra on that front, also I am in my mid thirties (I do like to wear scarves sometimes though which can be seen as a somewhat feminine touch)

DITTO.

I even have long hair. AND feminine cuts I am not short - but not very tall either- around 1M78.
But I compensate with facial hair. Additionally my attitude is quite masculine - in the sense that I am confident and socially dominant.

But this feminine touch allows me to get away being more sexual than say a more intimidating "masculine looking" guy. Again back to what we said earlier "pulling it off".

lady cut was said cheekily, just mean trousers that sits lower, squeeze your balls, more easily break in the crotch and are harder to move freely in.
They are also harder or impossible to create the same nice line in your silouette compared to a trouser that rests on your hip. So not baggy, my trousers as altered or tailored with a slight slant so they are longer back than in the front so the trouser rests exactly at the top of my foot without a break which otherwise is "standard"( from Flusser, for short men to avoid details that break the vertical line)
But your right about the many famous ladykillers sporting low tight styles l and sure you are right about how/where you wear stuff, it's the most important I would say, the how anyway.

Ball-squeezing is never ideal for men. I will agree here. The more easily break in the crotch related more to the quality than anything. Resting on hip though... never saw that as feminine or masculine (many women will have low-cut jeans etc).

Regarding your tailoring choice - I do not see how this is practical nor aesthetical. It simply means you need to order jeans with a lower length.

So hopefully having clarified that I am not saying dress the styles from the book or what I'm wearing lets take an example with the floral shirt in the thread that Flusser would't wear and me neither probably but might work great on someone.

You clarified a few things but your emphasis on low-cuts and the choice to have your pants tailored the way you do is a bit weird to me.

Well regarding the floral shirt - I have seen many men of different stereotypes and socio economic background pull it off. I have also seen men look very different pull it off as well. Have you at least tried? I do not consider this a particularly polarizing outfit by any means. A sequin jacket is a different story though.

The ability to sport brighter colors increases with the darkness of your skin tone. Red is often unflattering for white folks unless with a deep tan.

I love wearing RED. I am pale like aspirin.
edit: And also re polos and direction of stuff i sorta like if anyone cares, except bit too much mr ripley trust fund baby, but add some deadlift and steak-pounds, some more 5 o'clock shades and bit darker color palettes and i'm with it on quite a lot of the non-suit ones https://dieworkwear.com/2019/04/27/can-polos-ever-be-good/

That looks awful.

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
A sequin jacket is a different story though.
In your article on the gc website, you mentioned that a bomber jacket is more street vibe. Does that mean, less flashy and less attention grabbing compared to a leather jacket or a biker jacket or a harrington jacket?

Red and white bomber jacket
The red white, any good or nope?They have a black and white one too.
I'm guessing no, because they're both fairly plain, no 'flashiness' to it[aside from it being a two colour piece]...but figured I'd get an opinion before writing it off, with regards to the specific style you talk about.

A fair few floral blazers, shirts, sequin style, you might like some of the stuff the shop website above[incase you haven't seen that shop before].

Nightlife

Space Monkey
space monkey
Quick pick of my indoor jackets.... I have another closet with outdoor jackets (denim jackets, leather jackets, coats (got 7 coats...) and i have a closed full of sweater jeans, t-shirts, etc.... At my dad's i have many more blazers.... (I only have 5 here, including 1 normal black)

View attachment 212
What is the kind of social class you are gaming with those clothes lol? Not being rude or anything but I imagine it is a sort of middle class environment? I think I would literally be violently attacked if I wore that in my city.

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
What is the kind of social class you are gaming with those clothes lol? Not being rude or anything but I imagine it is a sort of middle class environment? I think I would literally be violently attacked if I wore that in my city.
Alek is European so keep in mind he can wear those blazers and suits in those countries and recieve less pushback and criticism for his style there than in a ghetto American city like Atlanta or Baltimore where the vibe and culture is much different. Here in America if you are dressed in flamboyant looking clothes or have somewhat of a feminine appearance guys will target you for looking different and not looking like a traditional masculine man. Alek can pull off looking a bit feminine because of his fundamentals and masculine behavior.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

I usually wear those jackets for either high end clubs where flamboyance can grant you access when you do not have tons of cash and/or girls with you (although classy - hence a flashy blazer rather than a flashy bomber). The other types of venue i frequent where the most flashy jackets are used tend to be "cool" and selective venues where usually bloggers, fashion people and instagrammers tend to hang. The door selection is strict and flamboyance grants me access.

To make it clear most europeans do not wear such clothes - hence why i get so much success with them.

Mind you that I do not do venues that plays hiphop - i avoid them for the reasons you mentioned. I simply wont fit in. Additionally they tend to be more violent and less tolerant towards certain styles.

Mind you that the cities i used to live in have been considered very safe. I currently live in paris which is less safe. When i go to bars near the central station i tend to dress more casual for the reasons you specified. If not i go to the clubs in my neighbourghood (a safe one) which tends to be rather selective - in which case i can opt for flashiness. If i have to up north (Pigalle - trendy but not so safe district) i would either wear a black coat over the flashy jacket or i would take a cab.

I surely would have reconsidered my style if i lived in the ghetto or if i lived in an area filled with violent crime. I would do the same if i had to cross such a neighborhood to get to and get back from a club.

I hope this clarifies. Again my style is not suited for every venue. For normal clubs and bars i dress more casual (white T, some jewelry, black boots, black jean and leather jacket) . For clubs with pickers at the door i will up the flash factor (also depending on mood).

I hope this clarifies a few things.

Best,
Alek

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Alek is European so keep in mind he can wear those blazers and suits in those countries and recieve less pushback and criticism for his style there than in a ghetto American city like Atlanta or Baltimore where the vibe and culture is much different. Here in America if you are dressed in flamboyant looking clothes or have somewhat of a feminine appearance guys will target you for looking different and not looking like a traditional masculine man. Alek can pull off looking a bit feminine because of his fundamentals and masculine behavior.
Kind of correct. I think ine can be more artistic with clothes in capitole cities and/or cities which are more fashionable like paris and london (the door policies are strict as hell - in some clubs you need to be special or you simply won't get in).

I need to re-emphasize that most european men do not dress like this. My ste was partly inspired by the lgbtq+ community and the fashion crowd. It works for me but not for everyone.

Also a reason for why i am not willing in writing fashion guides for girlschase.

That said tou are totally right about fundamentals. One thing is to wear something another is to know how to wear it - pull it off. I master both and hence i make it work. I have made nor.al dudes wear my clothes and they often end up looking clowny (especially if they wear the more extreme stuff like sequin).

Hence why I do not feel qualified to make fashion guides for gc aside from basic universal fashion fundamentals.

Best
Alek

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
In your article on the gc website, you mentioned that a bomber jacket is more street vibe. Does that mean, less flashy and less attention grabbing compared to a leather jacket or a biker jacket or a harrington jacket?

Red and white bomber jacket
The red white, any good or nope?They have a black and white one too.
I'm guessing no, because they're both fairly plain, no 'flashiness' to it[aside from it being a two colour piece]...but figured I'd get an opinion before writing it off, with regards to the specific style you talk about.

A fair few floral blazers, shirts, sequin style, you might like some of the stuff the shop website above[incase you haven't seen that shop before].

Hey. Sorry i missed this post.

Bomber do have a more atreet vibe generally (but not always... depend on the design). However they can also be flashy. I have tons of flashy bombers.... one in red with chinese dragons and one with floral prints... to mention a few. I also have one classy one in purple velvet (although a bit less flashy than the two others).

I have harringtons are flashy as hell. Actually my mist flashy jacket is a harrington.

Regarding the bomber you linked to: i really did not like it. 2/10. Sorry just being honest.

Best,
Alek

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
That said tou are totally right about fundamentals. One thing is to wear something another is to know how to wear it - pull it off. I master both and hence i make it work. I have made nor.al dudes wear my clothes and they often end up looking clowny (especially if they wear the more extreme stuff like sequin).
Did those normal dudes that lookied a bit clowny, did they find success wearing another style or they didn't find much success at all?

>