Advanced recovery methods

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey guys.. thanks to corona and a whole lot of pressure in my life and thanks to the absence of a decent holiday I am teetering at the edge of a burnout..

This is not a crying post by the way. I don't want to comprimise at anything.. I want chicks.. I want elite phsyical prowess and dominance.. I want financial succes. I have already accepted that for me a holiday for the coming months is not an option. So I come to you, my forum brothers, how you guys recover from damage and physical/mental fatigue.. I cannot just watch netflix and hope for the best. I hope for active rest.. something to accelerate my recovery so I can go even more intense.

At the moment I take my supps.. try to sleep enough hours and meditate (hoping for more efficience due to more efficient thought processes). Also been during lots of pressure of people who want things from me and try to frame me into guilt/dependence and attack my mental borders. Like pillagers who want to attack a country. A whole lot of shit at once.. but I can take it.

The point is I dont just want to take it. I want to dominate and win. Cut a bigger piece of independence.

So please help a dark knight out with your recovery rituals :).

Last edited:

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
A good book you might be interested in: peak performance.

it basically talks about how consistent peak performance is actually training hard only once in awhile, most of the training is low level stuff (talking about Olympic athletes here too). Actually some studies showed performance went up when training less.

I’ve learned to pace myself a lot more, and I’m more effective. I’m ambitious too, and it’s fucked me up when I’ve taken big bites, better to consistently take small bites.

I know it’s not what you asked for, but I think it’ll help you win and keep winning.

remember Vegeta grew most when he let go a little. Lmao

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hahaha I see you're talking my dbz language. Book seems interesting ill look into it tomorrow... and indeed I am a bit too relentless and intense at times. But fact is I am under heavy pressure , but do not like to relent. I really need to recover faster.. use active recovery.

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I have realized something else here:

Most of my therapy stack is good for removing tension from PAST stress/traumas. This is generally what limits people in PU.

However, if the problem lies in the FUTURE or PRESENT, the toolkit is not as effective and steps must be taken to reduce the stress level/conflict level.

It is possible that advanced-level meditation or certain kinds of CBT will address this. I don't think a Zen monk has such problems.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
So you mean that anxiety for future events are not greatly migitated by the methods you have shown.

In my case that is not a big deal... Right now I mainly try to lose excess baggage/fatigue

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
So you mean that anxiety for future events are not greatly migitated by the methods you have shown.

I would say the effectiveness is very high for previous events, moderate for current/future.
This makes sense because the stack is mainly designed to RID you from tension which is anxiety stored in the body, not BLOCKING any nasty stimulus from causing anxiety.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Works for me :) a man needs to be able to toughen himself up... not hide away from negative stimulus.. However the added baggage is another story altogether.

Bacchus

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I have realized something else here:

Most of my therapy stack is good for removing tension from PAST stress/traumas. This is generally what limits people in PU.

However, if the problem lies in the FUTURE or PRESENT, the toolkit is not as effective and steps must be taken to reduce the stress level/conflict level.

It is possible that advanced-level meditation or certain kinds of CBT will address this. I don't think a Zen monk has such problems.

There are a couple stress-management tactics I use often.

Most people are familiar with the “take a deep breath” advice. . . but that's only half of the picture. Because during stressful situations and scenarios with internal or external conflict. When emotions or instincts. . . may override one's decision-making process. . . the heart tends to beat at a furious pace.

It pounds faster and with more intensity in the chest. Try to breathe super-deeply or slowly then. And your heart might just ignore you.

So what I do here instead is breathe in-and-out at the same speed. Matching my heartbeat with controlled breathing. . . for a string of moments. Then I gradually slow down my breathing. . . as I allow it to get fuller and deeper. What's more is touching the roof of the mouth with one's tongue, improves the effectiveness of this meditation strategy. Because it has an effect on the physiology. . . like a natural tranquilizer. So what happens afterwards is my heart-rate starts to match my breathing. The body releases some recently pent up tension, and the more you slow things down. . . the more serene you become.

Now it wasn't until I learned about pacing and leading, that I realized I'd already been doing it to myself for years.

Another stress-dissolver I'll use if I'm right in the middle of a conversation is my own voice. Speaking from the chest requires a consistent flow. . . of deep breaths which can calm you and your listeners. So I just focus on my tonality. . . but I'm not sure this one will be very helpful without a relaxed diaphragm.

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I'm back at this crossroad again... Notice I have been overworking and persevering way too hard. Feeling tired enough to throw up and intense aches.. Light hyperventilation when I wake up. I reckon this state attributes towards mood swings as well. Everything is fine, I'm doing well.. but there is tons of accumulated fatigue.. This has been going on for weeks along with other symptoms. I had to persevere... There simply was too much at stake.

I have stopped training, training lightly is not an option since I know I will get competitive the moment I see others.
8 hours sleep is not an option but mandatory.. It has full priority.

The corona symptoms in the country where I live starts to increase and the government is probaby going to get stricter (I'm so fucking done with this corona shit).. This has huge effect on me since I can only fully rest if I can get abroad , domestic holiday is not an option. Not if I want to rest for real.

I notice I am on a slippery slope.. I have to stabilize fast.

I think it's obvious how this affects my game..

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Warmups are very underrated.

Also, avoid doing crazy things like carrying heavy plastic bags with one finger or two fingers. I did that. Till today, my fingers shake from time to time if i carry too much weight.

Warmups. Understanding how you think, how yo do things.... all play a major key.

z@c+

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Added,

I just realize.
Bruce Lee suffered nerve injury, also due to lack of warmup and too much crazy shit. Took him out for 4 fucking years.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Added,

I just realize.
Bruce Lee suffered nerve injury, also due to lack of warmup and too much crazy shit. Took him out for 4 fucking years.

Interesting..

>