Advice for a 29 Year Old?

mmamegadethfan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey everyone,

I am 29 and looking to get into game. The girls I am looking for would prob be between 20 and 30. I live near a city with about 600k people. Any advice for a guy my age going out? I was thinking going to malls and striking up conversations with women I see there. Also maybe I should go out on my own to clubs and bars?

I am also looking for friends nearby to keep me accountable and push each other in game. Any ideas how to find these? In this subject glad we have this forum, since its a community of like minded people that want to improve.

Thanks in advance for your input

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey welcome to the boards man! The short answer is yes do all that stuff. The biggest thing is just getting out and doing it. Go out then report back in the field reports section and we'll try and give you some pointers on anything your getting hung up on.

Hope to see you get after it. Its a life changing journey with a lot of rewards if your up for it.

mmamegadethfan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey welcome to the boards man! The short answer is yes do all that stuff. The biggest thing is just getting out and doing it. Go out then report back in the field reports section and we'll try and give you some pointers on anything your getting hung up on.

Hope to see you get after it. Its a life changing journey with a lot of rewards if your up for it.

Thanks man

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
You can pretty much meet women anywhere you go. Live an active lifestyle, and do a lot of social activities during your week. Design a lifestyle where girls naturally are a part of it.
Make it a habit to be social everywhere you go. If you are at a coffee bar, restaurant and waiting for your coffee/food, open people in the queue. If you see a cute girl when walking to work, open her. For me, going out in the daytime ONLY to game isn't sustainable long term. At least not after you get over your approach anxiety, and can open people. If you then are interested, you escalate and go for a close.

For night time, find the places that have the girls you are interested in. Test out all the different venues until you find the places for you. Then start going regularly. If you need people to push you further, try to find people on different inner circles/forums. Your city seems pretty big, and I'm pretty sure there's a community in that city you can join. Try to research different companies/site's inner circles in your city and start socializing with people in these inner circles. But going out on your own is in my opinion superior. You have to isolate the girl at some point anyway and ditch your friends to pull.

mmamegadethfan

Space Monkey
space monkey
You can pretty much meet women anywhere you go. Live an active lifestyle, and do a lot of social activities during your week. Design a lifestyle where girls naturally are a part of it.
Make it a habit to be social everywhere you go. If you are at a coffee bar, restaurant and waiting for your coffee/food, open people in the queue. If you see a cute girl when walking to work, open her. For me, going out in the daytime ONLY to game isn't sustainable long term. At least not after you get over your approach anxiety, and can open people. If you then are interested, you escalate and go for a close.

For night time, find the places that have the girls you are interested in. Test out all the different venues until you find the places for you. Then start going regularly. If you need people to push you further, try to find people on different inner circles/forums. Your city seems pretty big, and I'm pretty sure there's a community in that city you can join. Try to research different companies/site's inner circles in your city and start socializing with people in these inner circles. But going out on your own is in my opinion superior. You have to isolate the girl at some point anyway and ditch your friends to pull.

Thanks DML, that seems like solid advice

Last edited:

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Considering your age (29) and the size of your city, you truly do not seem to have any handicaps (at least in terms of age or city). Hence most advice here could be valid.

I suggest you check out our newbie mission.

Avoid spending too much time reading advanced stuff. Keep it simple, or as simple as it can be.... and MASTER the basics before proceeding.

Make sure you have a good balance between going out and time on forums. Each 2 hours on forums should equal AT LEAST 1 hour in field (more is always better). Basically, remember to get out and do stuff. Forums is just support. The field is your playground.

It is recommended, or at least I recommend that you write down some reports in our reports forum. This way you can track your progress and get some feedback.

I also suggest you read reports by others - of people of all levels. You may read the reports from the top-players but they may use material you may not be able to pull of yet.... so have a balance.

Hope this helps.
Good luck and welcome.

Alek

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey everyone,

Also maybe I should go out on my own to clubs and bars?

My article on the blog will be about exactly this. So wait till sunday! Also I suggest you read my two previous article.
Here
And
Here

Remember that most questions have also already been answered, so make sure you learn how to use the search function both on the blog and on the forums. Sounds trivial but most newbies seems to be unable to do exactly that.

Best,
Alek

mmamegadethfan

Space Monkey
space monkey
My article on the blog will be about exactly this. So wait till sunday! Also I suggest you read my two previous article.
Here
And
Here

Remember that most questions have also already been answered, so make sure you learn how to use the search function both on the blog and on the forums. Sounds trivial but most newbies seems to be unable to do exactly that.

Best,
Alek

Thank you Alek! I will keep what you said in mind moving forward

Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
In addition to what everyone else has said, I suggest you focus on either Day Game or Night Game to start off. They are both unique skill sets and both work quite well too, but the environmental challenges are very different between both systems. For a city of your size, I suspect you'll also be running into the same women quite often.

mmamegadethfan

Space Monkey
space monkey
In addition to what everyone else has said, I suggest you focus on either Day Game or Night Game to start off. They are both unique skill sets and both work quite well too, but the environmental challenges are very different between both systems. For a city of your size, I suspect you'll also be running into the same women quite often.

Sounds good man thanks. I'll need to figure out which to focus on

Last edited:

Cody Lyans

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey everyone,

I am 29 and looking to get into game. The girls I am looking for would prob be between 20 and 30. I live near a city with about 600k people. Any advice for a guy my age going out? I was thinking going to malls and striking up conversations with women I see there. Also maybe I should go out on my own to clubs and bars?

I am also looking for friends nearby to keep me accountable and push each other in game. Any ideas how to find these? In this subject glad we have this forum, since its a community of like minded people that want to improve.

Thanks in advance for your input
OK so when you start, try to just focus on the ATTEMPT and not get hung up on results

Make better your thought process and ability to make practical adjustments that improve the quality of your actions

And let yourself wear blinders to every thing outside of your immediate focus

Build momentum and confidence

mmamegadethfan

Space Monkey
space monkey
OK so when you start, try to just focus on the ATTEMPT and not get hung up on results

Make better your thought process and ability to make practical adjustments that improve the quality of your actions

And let yourself wear blinders to every thing outside of your immediate focus

Build momentum and confidence

Will do, thanks. My first step will be getting myself out there and improving my body language and eye contact. Then I can start by saying hello to people I don't know, and then starting full conversations, just like in the newbie assignment

Colt Williams

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I have nothing new to add to this panoply of great advice. Just know that we all believe in you! One step at a time. This'll be one of the greatest journeys of your entire life. I also live near a similar sized city, so happy to answer any question on that front

mmamegadethfan

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have nothing new to add to this panoply of great advice. Just know that we all believe in you! One step at a time. This'll be one of the greatest journeys of your entire life. I also live near a similar sized city, so happy to answer any question on that front

Thank you Colt, I appreciate it

>