Advice on changing my approach?

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
healthstar,

Has this happened to any of you guys? Any suggestions on what I should do to tweak my game to push past this plateau? Should I change my mindset? Should I try other types of approaches (cause opening with a compliment is not doing it for me)?

I think this usually starts to happen when picking up starts to feel too "routine" to you, and you get annoyed when you're using your time for your routine and don't get the results you're actually expecting. The best solution to this (I believe) is to actually take a break from approaching for awhile so that it doesn't feel so routine to you. This usually re-establishes your expectations to normal levels, and it actually lets you enjoy meeting new women!

When you're approaching very frequently, you start to not really enjoy the thrill of approaching anymore because you're just like a machine -- you approach with specific expectations (while still visibly not being fully engaged in the moment because you're bored of approaching and just wanting to get to the good stuff) and then start failing repeatedly because girls mirror your vibe. If you are feeling uninspired and disengaged... then guess how they feel about you?

So maybe taking a break and putting some time into some other hobbies might help you regain that passion for approaching. I think at least two weeks of no approaching will be good; just make sure to be doing other things that you've been wanting to do so that you aren't spending the two (or more) weeks waiting to approach again, otherwise your mindset won't change at all.

Hope that helps. =)

- Franco

>