Observations  An unspoken rule among quality people. The Skeptical factor

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This rule is not spoken by anybody except Chase.

I haven't read people saying this very much. Chase noted this in his article on professional women. I have to admit, Chase know his stuff, damn well. He surprise me almost every time.

This is the skeptical factor. When you invited to high end parties by your boss, you enjoy the fun but you know that it's your boss's party. IF i am in this boards, what can i do to enhance Chase's value. This happens everywhere across the board, from music industry to people i meet in real life. It's amazing. and to find something substantial to this, I realize that Prince Alwaleed, the billionaire, also didn't start companies on his own on an industry he knows he can't beat. He chose to join ventures with large companies and enhance their value. An amazing thing consider that he enhances value of other people companies, and he's worth 20 billion dollars.

So...yea the skeptical factor, or the play it cool factor. In simple terms, If you were to invite me to your party, i cannot enjoy the party more than you. You must be treated by me to enjoy yourself first, at least a ratio of 3:1.

That's why i believe being passive is so important, even if you are good, in any field. It helps a hell lot.

Zac

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
ZacAdam said:
In simple terms, If you were to invite me to your party, i cannot enjoy the party more than you.

That's a wonderful refinement of the observation, Zac. Hadn't thought about that particular wrinkle, but yeah, absolutely - anyone enjoying himself more than the host tends to wear out his welcome pretty fast (unless he's the rare guy who can pull off a coup - but usually that requires already being entrenched in that social circle and pulling decidedly more weight socially than the host does; and, he's bound to make enemies that way too, not the least of who is the ousted host/leader).

Chase

>