Applying sales to seduction: building compliance through texting

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
What's up fellas.

Two recent situations have led me to a "Eureka" moment and I wanted to get this down before I forget it.

We've all read Chase's brilliant distillation of how sales principles can be successfully applied to seduction.

In this quick post, I want to go over how building positive compliance (a sort of "yes ladder" but where her "yes" is her texting you back) increases the chances that you are able to schedule a date with a chick you number closed, thusly getting you closer to whetting your willy inside her coopapy.

Recently I executed a seduction of a hot 23-year-old girl on autopilot (she was the kind who doesn't exhibit her goods on the sidewalk but hides them below her modest attire, albeit with a "powerful woman" image) and even more recently I messed up next-day texts with another babe, who had basically said she was up for drinks (but who I also made the mistake of giving a peck on the lips to say goodbye from the house party I threw for NYE in which I made the additional mistakes of making out with two other chicks and sexy dancing with a third).

But regarding the texting with both, here is what I think I did well with the first and not so well with the second:

1. When I texted the first, I picked up a thread we had left open during our in-person convo, firmly in the social arena, in order to get her to respond, in so doing building positive compliance from her. I started by texting her the two recommendations I had given her in person. There is no risk for her to respond, the compliance request is very low, so it would be natural for her to respond.

Then she was the one to pick up the thread of "we should meet again one day" which I then agreed with and made more tangible by saying "a drink", and honing in on scheduling the week after.

2. When I texted the second, I went straight to asking her if she would be up for getting a drink the following evening. How does she read this? First of all, she was hungover from NYE and probably feeling under the weather. Second of all, it makes her think you're horny to smash her, effectively emptying your deck. Third of all, by forcing her into a corner she is more likely to reject (especially since you didn't give her the illusion of choice by suggesting two alternative days), and fourth of all, the compliance loop you are asking her to jump over is too big right from the start.

Now, when she rejects your offer, you have started to build negative compliance, which makes closing the sale much harder going forward, as it's like building a "no ladder." If she says something like "I already have plans tomorrow, how about next week?" she's basically getting rid of you.

Hit it with comments and questions.

~Bizz

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
There's a line from sales I love, but always forget to use:

"Would you be against?...."

"Would you be against us meeting again, let's say, tomorrow after 5pm?" (straight hard close)
"Would you be against us meeting again to check if the vibe is still there?" (soft close)
"Would you be against me texting you later this week?" (seed the follow-up conversation)

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
What's up fellas.

Two recent situations have led me to a "Eureka" moment and I wanted to get this down before I forget it.

We've all read Chase's brilliant distillation of how sales principles can be successfully applied to seduction.

In this quick post, I want to go over how building positive compliance (a sort of "yes ladder" but where her "yes" is her texting you back) increases the chances that you are able to schedule a date with a chick you number closed, thusly getting you closer to whetting your willy inside her coopapy.

Recently I executed a seduction of a hot 23-year-old girl on autopilot (she was the kind who doesn't exhibit her goods on the sidewalk but hides them below her modest attire, albeit with a "powerful woman" image) and even more recently I messed up next-day texts with another babe, who had basically said she was up for drinks (but who I also made the mistake of giving a peck on the lips to say goodbye from the house party I threw for NYE in which I made the additional mistakes of making out with two other chicks and sexy dancing with a third).

But regarding the texting with both, here is what I think I did well with the first and not so well with the second:

1. When I texted the first, I picked up a thread we had left open during our in-person convo, firmly in the social arena, in order to get her to respond, in so doing building positive compliance from her. I started by texting her the two recommendations I had given her in person. There is no risk for her to respond, the compliance request is very low, so it would be natural for her to respond.

Then she was the one to pick up the thread of "we should meet again one day" which I then agreed with and made more tangible by saying "a drink", and honing in on scheduling the week after.

2. When I texted the second, I went straight to asking her if she would be up for getting a drink the following evening. How does she read this? First of all, she was hungover from NYE and probably feeling under the weather. Second of all, it makes her think you're horny to smash her, effectively emptying your deck. Third of all, by forcing her into a corner she is more likely to reject (especially since you didn't give her the illusion of choice by suggesting two alternative days), and fourth of all, the compliance loop you are asking her to jump over is too big right from the start.

Now, when she rejects your offer, you have started to build negative compliance, which makes closing the sale much harder going forward, as it's like building a "no ladder." If she says something like "I already have plans tomorrow, how about next week?" she's basically getting rid of you.

Hit it with comments and questions.

~Bizz
Bis yes on 1 you follow a convo thread more natural and flawless, this is the best ice breaker text method there is as you field tested....then she soft closed you, this is my favorite texting style and how my most texting is... in the second you open with what i called a hard close, again as you can see low odds... all of that i have discussed multiple times...

MarkA

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks Bismarck for pointing out Chase's article as I was unaware of it.

I think it has a lot of good points in there and there is definitely a lot of overlap in the two but it does not follow just because one is good at one field they will be good at the other. That said I do think sales people will learner quicker but that's just my opinion.

I'd like to add a few points
• the best sales people I have seen (two women funnily enough) have been incredible at making rapport. They both created a conversation that felt natural to whoever they spoke to (not like the opposite example of most street chuggers). Congruency was key for them.
• they adapted their sales pitch to whoever they spoke to and found the needs and then found a way to supply it. Jordan Belfort talks about this on YouTube with the video 'Sell me this pen'. Bad seducers mass spam approach all girls and don't calibrate at all.
• in the last year I have been building a great product at work. I know now there is great demand for it so I have a prize mentality. I don't care if someone walks away as I know they can easily be replaced. I am sure this comes through with the clients. Obviously this has a clear crossover and Swinggcat used to talk about this a lot.
• traffic lights approach - knowing which people are good to go (green) those you can influence (yellow) and those not interested (red) can save you lots of time. Over time you pick up subtle hints in voice tone (no one talks about this) body language etc and conventional indicators of interest or disinterest. Burn out in sales and seduction is big and knowing this really helps.
• keep it fun - for yourself. So many people treat this as a do or die activity and take rejection way too personally (I have been guilty in the past like most of this) projecting a good vibe also benefits as it relaxes the customer and makes them more open to buying

Last edited:

Brazerprime

Space Monkey
space monkey

great summary man, just had a similar issue as you did with girl #2. After first text went STRAIGHT to asking about plans gave her 2 options (tomorrow or Wednesday) and she ended up saying she was away and we never ended up meeting. The negative compliance thing I totally spot on.

For #1, great idea picking up a thread where you last left off and it nearly forces a response bc compliance is low. But if girl was saying "We should meet again one day" I have to think your interaction was extremely solid

out of curiosity, did you message both girls on the same day you met up? or next day?

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey Brazerprime,

I'm happy you've found value in my little thread here!

Yeah, with both chicks I messaged the next day. Like, met them at a house party, then the next day (I usually do 10/11 a.m. onwards, since earlier can be perceived as "too eager"). You want the message to arrive when she's already awake, and not have her wake up to it.

@POB - gonna have to try your line out and report back with results ;)

Brazerprime

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey Brazerprime,

I'm happy you've found value in my little thread here!

Yeah, with both chicks I messaged the next day. Like, met them at a house party, then the next day (I usually do 10/11 a.m. onwards, since earlier can be perceived as "too eager"). You want the message to arrive when she's already awake, and not have her wake up to it.
Yes definitely.. I am way getting more into texting now since I've made some mistakes recently lol.

I've actually started more in the camp of text the same day/night you meet them and try to get the ball rolling from there.

Had a situation recent where hung out w girl for 2 hrs (THOUGHT it went really well) and decided not to text her that night and ended up texting the next day late afternoon (with assumption she'd text back right away) and it turned into her texting the day after and I felt rushed and tried to close and it didn't work. That's interesting though about texting the (next) morning of.. I've never generally tried that before but something to think about.

End of the day, there's a ton of value in what you said.

"forcing her into a corner she is more likely to reject (especially since you didn't give her the illusion of choice by suggesting two alternative days), and fourth of all, the compliance loop you are asking her to jump over is too big right from the start."

I actually w two different girls I "Thought" were relatively solid gave 2 options (but on the 2nd text) and it didn't work out. My solution? Just ask when her schedule is free lol, but before that going to text back and forth a bit before asking out. Learned my lesson..

" I picked up a thread we had left open during our in-person convo, firmly in the social arena, in order to get her to respond, in so doing building positive compliance from her. I started by texting her the two recommendations I had given her in person. There is no risk for her to respond, the compliance request is very low, so it would be natural for her to respond."

agree w all of this

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Yeah, these were gals I met at house parties, which tend to provide for slightly more solid leads than chicks you meet out in venues via cold approach night game. With the latter, it may serve you better to text on the same night, while the compliance is still strong.

Brazerprime

Space Monkey
space monkey
Yeah, these were gals I met at house parties, which tend to provide for slightly more solid leads than chicks you meet out in venues via cold approach night game. With the latter, it may serve you better to text on the same night, while the compliance is still strong.
yup. in retrospect should have just moved to another venue and kept going.. idk for some reason I didn't because we had already gone and grabbed a bite and I wasn't thinking properly. think bc not used to thinks going so well. haha oh well onto next plus they didn't even live where I was and were traveling.

>