Approach Anxiety in Different Places

Smurf

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys,
So I've been having some trouble trying to approach girls at school. I don't know if it's a social pressure thing or not - I have no trouble approaching outside of school and I don't have to deal with that much AA. My school also has this vibe that makes me feel weird and creepy if I approach a girl at school. I don't know if this is something that just needs to be pushed through or if I need to take a different approach on things.
Help would be much appreciated,
Jake.

A

Anonymous

Hey man,

This is probably peer related. Outside of school, you feel less pressure because you have less fear of other people watching / talking about you. It's pretty normal.

The solution : build a stronger identity, and become more internally referenced. That does take time however (years) and is a natural by product of a life lived well and growing up.

Meanwhile this guide to approach anxiety may help:

http://www.authenticpua.com/dating-arti ... ercome-it/

Estate

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I've experienced similar.

If I "know" a place or it is familiar to me I feel more comfortable approaching but if it's somewhere I'm not familiar with I feel I need to know the lay of the land first.
In reality, you don't. Your approach doesn't have to be any different.

Specifically for school it's probably the likelyhood that you'll run into these people again.
You don't need to change anything, if it feels right to approach, just go for it. There will always be some situations somewhere like this where it's best to not approach or leave it go, don't beat yourself up about that. Just go for it when it's right.

>