Attire for a night meet

Brentwoodbam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Looking at meet a chick in the next couple nights and i'm wondering what the expected attire is? I know part of what has her chasing (xD) is my new and improved biceps. Is it acceptable to wear a nice tank-top to a meet or is that a little unbecoming/trashy and/or trying too hard to show off? The meet is planned for a small meal, i still havent hammered that out yet. What you guys think? Typical dress shirt a must?

Thinkingenigma

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Stay away from sleeveless shirts. Either stick to a well tailored button up, or a long sleeve crew neck for a more casual meetup. If you go with a crew neck, a nice leather jacket can help dress up the look. Here's an example: (My apologies for the low quality photo, it was the only one I had from the waist up that I could salvage from that shoot. I had to do a lot of work in Photoshop to get it to be that sharp.)

Timothy4_zpsde65f4a4.png

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Brentwood-

This depends on how big you are. If you're BIG, you can get away with a form-fitting t-shirt that shows off your biceps. Otherwise, you'll want to stick with snug dress shirts; women can still tell your size in this. They may not think, "Oh, big muscles," but they will think, "Oh, he looks really good."

Tank tops you really should only wear if you're coming back from the gym or some sort of sporting activity. You need to have a reason for wearing them, and they CAN be a great excuse to show off your physique, but like TE notes you don't want to wear them on a date.

Chase

nino

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I suggest a casual dress shirt as well which you don't button up all the way and maybe roll up the sleeves and go for one that is nicely fitting but nothing too tight or you could come off as douchey. Whether you want to wear a shirt underneath is personal preference I say. Personally I like to combine some colors though.

There's different pants you could wear but when I dress up I love some dark blue, straight fit jeans, wear a belt (I'm being Captain Obvious here but you do get to see some people every now and then who don't wear belts and while the pants might sit tight it just doesn't look good) and wear semi casual shoes, meaning no sneakers but not necessarily dress shoes either (but that depends a lot on the venue as well and maybe your ages). In winter I actually like to wear boots from Timberlands with dress shirts so maybe give that a try (also good for extra height).

Hope I could help a little.

>