Fashion  Balding - anyone tried finasteride or minoxidil?

Gaturro

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Give your body 1-2 hours between meals before drinking caffeine… it sticks to the iron in your meals and doesn’t let you absorb around 60% of it. No iron = no oxygen to your scalp = hair loss…

Fuck energy drinks, I knew they were bad, but I thought the side effects wouldn’t be noticeable until I’m old. I guess not.

Avoid caffeine and energy drinks entirely, if possible.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Minor updates:
- minoxidil topic is working to prevent hair loss. Not as potent as finasteride, but it's getting the job done. (Can't miss a day of it though)
- minoxidil oral is working too, but see below.
- sex drive is great, horny as a mofo, hard-ons almost every day when I wake up.

Side effects:
- very strange itches during the day, specially after I shower. Nothing too serious, but a bit annoying for sure.
- a slight increase in body hair, mostly in the face and back. Again, nothing serious, but an annoyance as well.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Side effects:
- very strange itches during the day, specially after I shower. Nothing too serious, but a bit annoying for sure.

Sounds like skin dehydration. Have you tried moisturizer lotion?

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Sounds like skin dehydration. Have you tried moisturizer lotion?
i apply it everyday, twice a day.
As I recall, minoxidil oral can have this effect on some people.

Last edited:

Police dog

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Don’t use finasteride.

What is the point of hair when you just don't have a working dick?
Who will look at them? The one who will stroke your head and console you that everything will work out?

And here is what the most advanced "inventors" come to:
Using exo Testosterone in combination with 5-alpha reductase blockers. The myth about the safety of this group of drugs has been advancing for quite a long time.
Merck Corporation (manufacturer of Finasteride) has changed the instructions for this drug, and now there is a warning that its use can lead to PERMANENT ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION.
Here are the statistics on Finasteride side effects:
Low libido - 94%;
Erectile dysfunction - 92%;
Reduced excitability - 92%;
Orgasm problems - 69%;
Thoughts of suicide-44%;
Severe depression-36%.
The average duration of side effects in the genital area was 40 months, and in 20% of cases it was 6 years.
The most interesting thing is that initially the manufacturer assured that:
A decrease in the amount of ejaculate was observed in 1.2% of patients;
Erectile dysfunction (impotence) - in 1.3% of patients;
Low Libido - in 1.8% of patients.

In addition, a cycle (or trt) of Testosterone with such a drug is practically meaningless, since dihydrotestosterone is the most active form in our tissues. This is the main reason that the largest number of anabolic steroids has been synthesized on its base.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
In addition, a cycle (or trt) of Testosterone with such a drug is practically meaningless, since dihydrotestosterone is the most active form in our tissues.
Exogenous testo has little to no effect on increasing hair loss.
Your body can just convert so much testo to DHT, and you just don't have enough testo receptors in your scalp to make a difference.

Nandrolone, otoh, will render every hair treatment uselles, depending on the dose.

The problem with blocking DHT is that DHT is much more powerful than testo for your libido!
Even if you don't get severe side effects, there's still the cumulative side of things.
An initial decrease of 2-3% seems like nothing, but if it keeps adding on for 10 years then it becomes a huge problem!

Last edited:

Old man winter

Space Monkey
space monkey
Huh, never considered this was curable. I started shaving bald the second I noticed my bald patch. FWIW, I've never looked so good in my life (at least from the neck up)

Police dog

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Exogenous testo has little to no effect on increasing hair loss.
Your body can just convert so much testo to DHT, and you just don't have enough testo receptors in your scalp to make a difference.

Nandrolone, otoh, will render every hair treatment uselles, depending on the dose.

The problem with blocking DHT is that DHT is much more powerful than testo for your libido!
Even if you don't get severe side effects, there's still the cumulative side of things.
An initial decrease of 2-3% seems like nothing, but if it keeps adding on for 10 years then it becomes a huge problem!
I was referring to exo testosterone as to a bad remedy to counteract fin side effects. Since this is what is considered to be a common practice.

Last edited:

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I was referring to exo testosterone as to a bad remedy to counteract fin side effects. Since this is what is considered to be a common practice.
Yeah, pretty much useless, since testo>DHT conversion will be blocked by fin anyway.

PaulieFlyn10

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Minor updates:
- minoxidil topic is working to prevent hair loss. Not as potent as finasteride, but it's getting the job done. (Can't miss a day of it though)
- minoxidil oral is working too, but see below.
- sex drive is great, horny as a mofo, hard-ons almost every day when I wake up.

Side effects:
- a slight increase in body hair, mostly in the face and back. Again, nothing serious, but an annoyance as well.
My side effects were terrible

Used it to grow a beard... it was working fine but i had swollen legs and face... intense migraines and blurry vision

I used minoxidil 5% solution

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
My side effects were terrible

Used it to grow a beard... it was working fine but i had swollen legs and face... intense migraines and blurry vision

I used minoxidil 5% solution
Usually side effects come from the oral version and in higher dosages.
But you can also be an individual with high intolerance to the drug.

"Minoxidil side effects
Minoxidil oral tablet doesn’t cause drowsiness, but it can cause other side effects.

More common side effects:
nausea
vomiting
changes in facial and body hair, in both men and women (your hair may become darker and thicker, especially on your face and upper body)
If these effects are mild, they may disappear within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t disappear, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.

Serious side effects:
increased heart rate
rapid weight gain of more than 5 pounds
trouble breathing, especially when you lie down
new or worsening pain in your chest, arms, or shoulders or a feeling of severe indigestion
dizziness, lightheadedness, or feeling faint"

killerman

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I think I may be losing my hair though I suspect it's because of the creatine as I had zero hair loss until I started taking creatine. Will minoxidil make my hair grow back?

King Indra

Space Monkey
space monkey
FWIW, a full transplant - if your recession and thinning have reached their endpoint - is probably the superior (albeit more expensive) option.|

I'd get one myself, but I'm still receding (hairline is down around the back of my skull and the lateral areas above my sideburns are going too). I'm also kind of poor and adapted by regularly giving myself buzz-cuts and growing a beard.

>