Be a Chandler or a Joey. Never be a Ross...

FunkMaster69

Space Monkey
space monkey
I was watching friends which is my favorite show, and I just realized how neutered Ross really is. I just hate the fact that he's so obsessed with Rachel. He spent roughly 20 -30 years chasing after her. Sure at the end of the show Ross finally gets what he wants, a relationship with her, but that's literally after 20 -30 years of crushing. In that span, both of his male friends hooked up with her. Rachel even dated a bunch of randoms and introduced them to Ross. Like what the fuck? Why does he put up with all that crap? Why not just move on? Especially when you live in New York, which is poping with nightlife? And he has a sister who can pretty much introduce him to her friends...

TBH be a Chandler or a Joey.

Joey is great because he truly has an abundance mentality and well he gets a lot of women. Only thing I would say is to make sure to not over do it. At the end of the show, he's a single man watching all his friends get married. I know many people want that lifestyle and if that's what you want then it's whatever. But the ending kinda seemed sad for him. Btw I totally think he should have ended up with Rachel... they had the best chemistry and Rachel was pretty much the female version of him. Ross and Rachel were just so overplayed... TBH it seemed like Rachel settled. Her and Joey got along great tho and it looked like they we're having a lot of fun.

Chandler: I love Chandler tbh. I know he's not nearly as successful as Joey in meeting new people, but he's what I aspire to be. He walks the fine line between being a total love and a total provider. In a sense, he's both. The reason why I like Chandler is because he's the first in the gang to tie the knot, and he does it with a woman who's arguably the most wifey material [but I still would have loved to see a Phoebe and Chandler romance]. I know Joey always has a new girl with him, but Chandler gets laid every night to a woman who cooks for him 24/7. She's also very feminine and is a great mother. His style is probably the best if you're more relationship orientated like me tbh. I think he could have also made a relationship with Pheobe work. She's spontaneous and I feel like Chandler needed that in his life. Also, Chandler was the leader of the guys in a sense. Joey and Ross only know each other because of him and they both say "Chandler is my best friend." They both listen to Chandler, and Chandler does too, but he's kind of his own man. Pheobe was the leader of the gals... she wasn't very direct, but she always got what she wanted, and at one point even says "If we were in prison, you'd be my bitches." I think Pheobe and Chandler would have been better, but marrying a woman who cooks for you 24/7 and who's had a crush on you for like ever? Not bad I'd say.

Ross: That dude needs therapy... like seriously. He should've moved on a long time ago.

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@FunkMaster69 dude! This is why you've been told to meet more/new girls so you don't become like Ross. The goal is to reach abundance so you don't suffer from scarcity or chasing.

What you're overlooking here is this is a TV series aimed at the general population and so they broadcast their social norms. There's threads on GC and on the forum discussing this and why there is a lack of good Male role models on TV shows and movies that I recommend you read. They will always downplay these characters, make them the joke or show a tragic end. Barney from how I met your mother is portrayed as a joke for sleeping around and meeting a lot of girls. This is what they've done with Joey and why you felt sad for him.

In reality the chances of Ross and Rachel getting together is slim to none and has only been portrayed to conclude their story arc. This is aimed at the general population to get their happy ending because they've been wanting it. This more often than not doesn't happen and why seduction teaches you to not get into the friend zone, don't chase, meet more girls and get what you truly want.

It's good that you've been able to see and identify these traits, this will help you learn and avoid this pitfalls.

FunkMaster69

Space Monkey
space monkey
@Fluxcapacitor I agree. In my mind, Ross is pathetic... Ted too.

I actually really like Barney, and Joey too and I don't like the fact the shows portray them as dumb or tragic. They're actually two of the best characters! Better than Ted and Ross by miles! Barney and Joey seem happy in their life, so I will never criticize them for it. They are winners in their own eyes so that’s really all that matters. You know what they say, one man's trash is another man’s treasure. And in this case, one man’s lifestyle is another man’s death.

My main point was that Chandler and Marshal are winners too. Even Barney says, that Marshal "is a god." They don’t get variety at all, but they get consistency and they wake up to a nice breakfast every morning. They both also marry the girl who's the most wifey material in their show. Personally, I'm much more relationship orientated which is why the Joey ending would be sad for me. But I also have friends who would hate Marshal and Chandler's life and I respect that. I don't call them dumb or tragic for doing what makes them happy. However, I would gladly trade in my freedom to sleep around for a woman like Lily or Monica.

>