being content as a player, is it possible?

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
i currently have a really amazing girl i’m seeing. it seems to be going in the boyfriend girlfriend direction. there is no good reason to not be happy about the situation. she’s my type, the beachy blonde type. she lives on the beach at an amazing spot. she’s young (25) compared to me but i’m older (38) and generally prefer younger than her. she’s also thin and attractive. not super hot but a seven. she’s crazy about me and wants to be my girlfriend.

the issue is i’m not crazy passionate about her. but those crazy passionate relationships usually turn toxic quickly in my experience. any regular guy would be stoked. we’re a good fit. i’m not super trusting but as far as chciks go she’s probably about as trustworthy as they get.

my question has anyone been in an experience like this and decided to just ride it out and see how it goes. part of it feels like i’m settling. but again the crazy passionate relationships with hotter girls go bad quickly. part of me thinks relationships and monogamy are bullshit but part of me also wants that. i’m at a crossroads and interested to hear others experiences.

BigPapa

Space Monkey
space monkey
Go with your gut feeling , and if you feel like settling down with her still flirt with girls from time to time so you do not become rusty in case things go wrong . Still having a sexy vibe will also benefit the relationship :)

Chrance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
i currently have a really amazing girl i’m seeing. it seems to be going in the boyfriend girlfriend direction. there is no good reason to not be happy about the situation. she’s my type, the beachy blonde type. she lives on the beach at an amazing spot. she’s young (25) compared to me but i’m older (38) and generally prefer younger than her. she’s also thin and attractive. not super hot but a seven. she’s crazy about me and wants to be my girlfriend.

the issue is i’m not crazy passionate about her. but those crazy passionate relationships usually turn toxic quickly in my experience. any regular guy would be stoked. we’re a good fit. i’m not super trusting but as far as chciks go she’s probably about as trustworthy as they get.

my question has anyone been in an experience like this and decided to just ride it out and see how it goes. part of it feels like i’m settling. but again the crazy passionate relationships with hotter girls go bad quickly. part of me thinks relationships and monogamy are bullshit but part of me also wants that. i’m at a crossroads and interested to hear others experiences.

Literally the fourth girl I ever slept with I experienced this; I ran it out for as long as possible. There was heart break and pain in the end. I have no regrets. Made me a better man. I learned and did a lot of things I wouldn’t have done otherwise

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

I'm living this right now and I know exactly how you are feeling. Only difference is she's about my age, super hot and sexy, and we are crazy in love.
The big question is: what do you really want?

If you know (like myself) that long-term monogamy is not for you, you have several roads you can follow:

- stay monogamous and ride it to the end, facing drama and possible break-ups, but enjoying the sense of social and pick-up relief this kind of relationship can bring you;

OR

- be upfront and honest about your non-monogamy lifestyle and hope for the best. The upside is if she agrees, you both are more free and the relationship can also blossom, but in a very different way socially speaking (of course it has to be discreet and just between the two of you).

There's no right or wrong here (contrary to what some may believe).

>