Long-Term  Best strategy?

LJWUK

Rookie
Rookie
Ok so here's the deal. I have been seeing a girl for a few months, she cheated one month into seriously dating as a couple. I stayed with her as it seemed like a genuine mistake, 2 weeks later, we had a rough spell and as a result we lost large amounts of chemistry/sexual desire. Looking back, I should not have tolerated her cheating as she essentially has little respect for me as a result of me giving her a second chance. After the rough spell, we met up and spoke, she revealed she'd been bored in the relationship at times which explains the cheating. I told her I understand she is not satisfied in enough ways, with her main concern being sexual frustration. However, I did not plead myself to her and argued that she was also at fault for the lack of excitement in the latter stages of our relationship. Note - we are both novices when it comes to actual sex but I can please her using other methods without any problems whatsoever vice versa. I have yet to master sex and need more time which is not on my side as she is not the patient type. I essentially played my cards wrong in the relationship as I based my approach on her insecurities due to her past relationships, which ultimately led to too much security and not enough uncertainty hence the boredom. She also informed me that she will always enjoy attention from other guys, just like most girls do, she went out on the weekend and claimed that she resisted the opportunity to cheat.

Here's the current situation... we are, in theory, still together but taking time apart, agreed on mutual grounds. The agreement was that we could still speak but we'd go into the week with no expectations to see each eachother. So, I decided to go with the no contact rule and went radio silent for a day or two, I didn't message her but received several messages from her despite ignoring her. I had succeeded in making her chase me again, after a few days of leaving her without attention, the sexual desire was reborn, we hooked up last night and had sex, which was not the greatest due to a range of factors but it had been a major improvement compared to previous encounters. Although, Im not sure if it was enough to make her want to try again as her expectations are rather high and I know that. She messaged me again today but she cut the conversation short. I did not proceed to message her again after. As it currently stands, the power balance is fairly neutral. For me to stay with her in the longer term, I have to reinvent myself as learnt from Chase's articles and regain her respect, essentially becoming the alpha male. The question for me now is, how do I approach the current situation? At the end of the day she is my girlfriend but I don't want to chase her again but it is difficult to do this after sleeping with her. Do I go radio silent again or hit her up later in the week? Thanks guys.

ProblemSolving

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey LJWUK,

There's not much to say other than you need to forget about this girl and find a new one ASAP. It doesn't matter how "alpha" you become now, you'll still be the guy that took her back after she cheated on you. She can't respect you now. Learn from those articles and apply what you have learned with a new girl.

LJWUK said:
. I essentially played my cards wrong in the relationship as I based my approach on her insecurities due to her past relationships, which ultimately led to too much security and not enough uncertainty hence the boredom.

This is positive sign. You have learned a valuable lesson. I'd estimate that roughly 90% of relationships end because of too much security - it's the silent killer that nobody talks about. You have learned where you went wrong and how to prevent it from happening in the future, so forget about this chick and go find a new one while remembering the lessons that you have learned from this situation.

>