Cafeteria approach, help, need tips what would you do?

Chubadoo

Space Monkey
space monkey
So the other evening I was sitting with a buddy at a coffee shop and 2 cute girls walk in and sit near the exit. (my friend and I were all the way inside the place, overlooking towards the exit/sunset, so the girls were within our line of sight.

I glance at one of the two, I think I was being a bit too obvious but whatever, and shortly afterwards both girls turn and look towards our direction, as if they realized we were glancing and they checked us out. That happened once.. and no other obvious IOIs. They both seemed real busy texting on their phones all the time. Anyway my friend is a massive pussy, bigger than I am so he wouldn't wing even if I paid him to.

I thought of approaching them once we had paid up and were leaving, since they were right next to the exit and it wouldn't require us to leave our path and make our way towards them. Law of least effort n all, and even if we were rejected it wouldn't be too obvious to everyone else as we'd simply bounce.

What would be the best approach to this scenario, when there's 2 gals and 2 of you. I thought perhaps approaching the one I was interested in and complimenting her eyes and her sweet looks, opening with a "Hey.. what a cute girl you are." or "Hey.. what a lovely/beautiful pair of eyes have you got." with a smile, and then ask them where they're from, what they plan on doing afterwards as it was still pretty early, around 20:00, maybe tell her I'd like to meet her afterwards and get a number for a date later at night if she showed interest. Note that my native language isn't English so walking up and saying "I thought you looked real cute and I had to come over and say hi" would sound real cringy and wouldn't work.

Also our fundamentals are alright I'd like to believe, but inexperience/approach anxiety is the issue.

Suggestions for future reference? Cheers.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
what is your native language? Exotic can be attractive....

Seriously though drop the compliments. It comes off as creepy. Just get up and introduce yourself, tell them you are from out of the country. Ask if they are locals. If they are then tell them you are curious about the local attractions. "Would you and your friend like to join us and fill us in on what we should see and do?"

At that point you are treating them like you met a local couple of dudes...Non threatening. Develop a rapport, and chat with them. If you hit it off, change venues, and adapt to the situation.

Chubadoo

Space Monkey
space monkey
We were all locals actually and the language spoken is greek. Wouldn't walking up there and randomly introducing myself without complimenting/showing signs of interest myself come off as creepy aswell? Unless I ate her up with my eyes of course.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Sorry no help. Your culture and my WASP American approach are completely at odds...The Greek way is aggressive and in your face while mine is more subtle, warm and welcoming.

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
Chubadoo dude! Am from the UK so my style is like fuck this an so will be at odds but if ya have approach anxiety maybe a more subtle approach would work for ya. It'll be different to what they used to. It might work but if ya local environment is aggressive disregard this.

Introducing yaself without a compliment isn't creepy, ya body language an eye contact will fill the void. Ya mentioned ya were looking at them an it was obvious. It's then expected ya will approach. A simple hi works wonders.

If this is difficult use an "in" compliment their style, ask about a band top they're wearing, ask about a tattoo.

If it's in ya path an ya bouncing just open. Ya have nothing to lose an everything to gain. If ya friend is a pussy though open the group an assess the interest. The one ya liked least might be more social an this will give ya a chance to show how ya handle it. She might be turned on by her friends approval....

Chubadoo

Space Monkey
space monkey
Cheers for the feedback and sorry for the late response, last days were hell.

What would you have done/said in the specfic scenario had the girls been of your own origins and not Greek? I doubt they've had any tattoos or distinguished style to compliment on, but stating they looked real cute would've done it I guess. Tried it recently on my latest FR and the girls loved it. Smiling wide, laughing etc, made my day that we made their day.

And if that had not worked, well the exit was right there. Skeet skeet.

>