Can women really pickup (assume) that you're a bad boy just by the way you dress?

Professor Oak

Space Monkey
space monkey
So I picked an outfit and was searching for these clothes in stores in my area then a thought crossed my mind: Do women really assume that you're a bad boy just by looking at what you're wearing when you dress a certain way? If yes, then how can she tell just by looking at your outfit? Do majority of the bad boys dress in the same style? Why?

So my question is: Can women really pickup (assume) that you're a bad boy just by the way you dress?

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Yes.

Behaviour plays a role too.

If you dress like a bad boy but act incongruently, you'll seem like a poseur.

Btw, strongly reccommend The Wow! Factor from Darius.

The edgy wardrobe is all you need to pull off the bad boy look.

Professor Oak

Space Monkey
space monkey
Yes.

Behaviour plays a role too.

If you dress like a bad boy but act incongruently, you'll seem like a poseur.

Btw, strongly reccommend The Wow! Factor from Darius.

The edgy wardrobe is all you need to pull off the bad boy
So bad boys look is simply an edgy look? Did I understand you correctly?

Surveyor

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah.

Edgy outfits are more rebellious.

More rebellious will be more bad boy in nature.
Why do you think people consider girls with septum rings naughtier? It’s actually backed by statistics, I don’t have the link but I saw it on PubMed

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Is dressing like a bad boy and dressing edgy the same thing?

Those terms are not very well defined, but yes, I think so. A bad boy is someone who doesn't play by the rules, and that's really what being edgy is as well.

I'm not the best guy to ask for the latest styling tips though, I'm very classic and simple in my presentation. My most successful outfit is a blue denim shirt with sleeves rolled halfway up my forearms and open at the chest, for some reason this along with my countenance seems to turn women on.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Professor Oak,

You seem to be pretty focused on ways to present yourself aesthetically as a bad boy, but don't appear to understand what being a bad boy is about at a behavioral level.

The way you dress should reflect the kind of man you are. Otherwise, you will have the experience where you do a great job attracting girls looking for bad boys, who realize only after meeting you that you aren't a bad boy at all and leave in frustration/disappointment... meanwhile you repel the girls who might actually be into you, who are looking for some different kind of guy who is not a bad boy (say, they want a more clean-cut guy, for instance), but think you're a bad boy based on appearances so just avoid you.

I would suggest you figure out what your personality style is before you go building an image up -- you're only courting frustration if you end up doing it the other way around.

Chase

Professor Oak

Space Monkey
space monkey
@Professor Oak,

You seem to be pretty focused on ways to present yourself aesthetically as a bad boy, but don't appear to understand what being a bad boy is about at a behavioral level.

The way you dress should reflect the kind of man you are. Otherwise, you will have the experience where you do a great job attracting girls looking for bad boys, who realize only after meeting you that you aren't a bad boy at all and leave in frustration/disappointment... meanwhile you repel the girls who might actually be into you, who are looking for some different kind of guy who is not a bad boy (say, they want a more clean-cut guy, for instance), but think you're a bad boy based on appearances so just avoid you.

I would suggest you figure out what your personality style is before you go building an image up -- you're only courting frustration if you end up doing it the other way around.

Chase
@Chase good advice. But I want to know, aren't most women looking for bad boys?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Chase good advice. But I want to know, aren't most women looking for bad boys?

Most women are looking for attractive guys.

"Attraction" as in "things that draw someone in."

The bad boy aesthetic/persona is one such attractive quality.

There are many others:

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@Professor Oak

Most women would describe me as a “bad boy” and I get laid plenty. A guy who works for me and is one of the top salesmen at my company is more of a clean cut guy and he gets laid a ton too.

Know another dude who dresses like a straight up cowboy and gets laid a lot.

You have to find a look that matches your personality and go with that. Stop being obsessed with the “bad boy” look becusse you aren’t one and it will be incongrouent. You don’t have to be a “bad boy” to get women. Stop obsessing over it, stop with the mental masturbation, and go talk to women.

Police dog

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
So my question is: Can women really pickup (assume) that you're a bad boy just by the way you dress?
No. And I hate to say but if you believe that an outfit makes you a bad boy then you a very far from being one. And the outfit you picked up is just an average mass market outfit anyways.

Red

Space Monkey
space monkey
Everyone has a bad boy inside and a bad boy doesn't need to be a bad boy for long, if you know what I'm sayin'. If she finds out and splits, I can't imagine a bad boy would care at that point. "Next!"

And yes, I can confirm that dressing the part works.

MarioTheDom

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You dress for the part, but you can see cheap acting in a B series movie right?

Same with women.

You act and be the part. You should get a "look" or fit an archetype that is attractive to women and do your play.
Being a bad boy these days doesn't matter like it used to do 30 years ago, I mean these days you just need to not wear a face mask to be a "bad boy" so things have changed because society has changed

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Will_V Could you please elaborate on that?

Elaborate on what? Any kind of rule breaking makes you some kind of 'bad boy'. Escalating fast makes you a 'bad boy'. Making her horny makes you a 'bad boy' (you're supposed to be a good boy and keep it hidden).

The term 'bad boy' means someone who goes after what he wants and does what he wants regardless of whether the status quo supports him or not.

>