Casual relationships vs Committed relationships: sexual frequency?

Ryan

Space Monkey
space monkey
What is the frequency (roughly) of sexual encounters per week you'll expect in a..

1. Committed 'boyfriend-girlfriend' relationship?
2. A casual relationship?

I used to think committed couples only had sex once every fortnight or near that. I thought that was the normal frequency. But my friend told me he has sex with his girlfriend at least 4 times a week, and he said that is the normal frequency!

What is everyone here's experiences/expectations concerning this? If this is true, why would anyone bother with a casual relationship?

Whizzy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
It just depends on the girl and the guy. My most recent ex and I had sex everytime we saw one another to the point she couldn't keep her hands off me anywhere we went. Every situation is different

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Ryan,

What is everyone here's experiences/expectations concerning this? If this is true, why would anyone bother with a casual relationship?

How much sex you have per week is pretty irrelevant, actually. Some couples only see each other about once a week, so the amount of sex they can have per week obviously pales in comparison to how much a couple who sees each other every day can have.

BUT, that doesn't necessarily mean you need to be having MORE sex per week to keep her around.

What's most important is how much sex you have when you see each other. I tend to have sex with my girlfriend at least 3 to 4 times whenever we see each other on a given night, and that's just an average number. There have been times when we've had "marathon sex" (gone for about 7-10 times), and there have been times when I just haven't been feeling it or we end up spending time outside of the bedroom and only go once or twice. But on average though, I tend to give my girlfriend a lot of sex when I see her. She needs to know that whenever she DOES come over (whether that's once a week or 5 times a week) she'll be going home sexually satiated and satisfied!

- Franco

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
to help your data its the same for me as franco actually

>