Deep voice during sickness or after heavy drinking

Michal

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey gents,

I have not found much on the web regarding this phenomenon so I figured I ask here because I am sure some of you tried to make their voice deeper at some point in their life.

Context:
Sometimes after drinking hard liquor or shots and water in between, I have really deep voice the day after. It starts also during the drinking session but it really kicks in after I sleep. It is much deeper than I normally sound like. Think level of difference like from Kevin Heart to The Rock. I do not experience any pain in vocal cords or throat, it feels absolutely normal and natural to talk. Similarly when I was sick couple of times. It seems that my vocal cords relax or something and I can produce these deep sounds. It gradually settles back to my regular voice after a day

Question:
If my voice can get to that state like this, there must be a way to make it deeper naturally with some exercises or something, no? Or by impeoving the "neck posture"? Deeper breathing? I remember Elliott Hulse and his "breath into your balls" mantra.
I find this really fascinating. Especially because people then pay much more attention to what I say and girls around sometimes stop doing what they were doing just to listen or look at me.

Anyone experiences something similar, any pointers on how make the voice deeper outside of the content on this webside? As I tried to work on things proposed by Chase but it improved mainly tonality, not the depth.

Rakkum

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Sometimes after drinking hard liquor or shots and water in between, I have really deep voice the day after.

Yes, same for me. Would be interesting to know the physiological mechanism.

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
Notice how your voice is deepest in the morning too, right after waking up. Testosterone peaks in the morning, why morning wood is a sign of health. That's why. I guess you can force your voice to be deep and then fake it till you make it. If i do nofap or i'm working out, i just feel like talking deeper you know, like compelled to do so, like swinging your arms out more, you are just more testosteroneous/masculine (??) so it just feels more natural

Michal

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Notice how your voice is deepest in the morning too, right after waking up. Testosterone peaks in the morning, why morning wood is a sign of health. That's why. I guess you can force your voice to be deep and then fake it till you make it. If i do nofap or i'm working out, i just feel like talking deeper you know, like compelled to do so, like swinging your arms out more, you are just more testosteroneous/masculine (??) so it just feels more natural
Yea, I went the noFap way starting in late June this year and for me at least it seems the right way to go. I have low sex drive in general so the frequency of wet dreams wemt from like once every 35 days to like every 14 days. Anyways, very often the day before and the day after it happens, that is where I am the most horny and have that swagger you mentioned. It is hard to identify the effect on the voice. But for now the biggest pointer I have is the relaxation and hydratation. Forcing the voice to be deeper puts strain on the vocal cords so I would not recommend to do that. Also that vocal fry is damaging in the long term. And breathing exercises is the last piece. As the wind pipes open more and I drive the voice more from the chest or diaphragm, I think that is where the proper, powerful resonance comes from. So overall posture is at play as well.

If someone noticed other aspects, feel free to share

>