Did I screw up?

acefalls

Rookie
Rookie
Been in this relationship for 8 months. Sex is good, always have fun together, but I feel she is still playing games with text messages. We text good morning and good night most days, but the past few days she won’t respond, will take a long time, or won’t reply at all. So I called her about 30 min after a goodnight, getting ready for bed text and told her that I expect responses to my texts in a reasonable amount of time, it takes two seconds, if she has time to scroll through Facebook she has time to text me back. She got pissed and told me I was being “demanding” and she didn’t like it. I told her that I want open and transparent communication in a relationship and that if that’s going to be an ongoing issue then that’s going to be a dealbreaker for me. It doesn’t need to be a big deal. She seemed to agree but also just wanted to get off the phone to go to sleep. I don’t think it will be an ongoing issue. She was mad but not steaming, however not sure if it was a strong or weak position. I felt I had been true to my own masculinity but I had mixed emotions after the call.
But now I feel as if I was being overly controlling and showing insecurity. To the point I want to apologize for my controlling behavior and let her know it just makes me feel good when I hear from her throughout the day. But this also feels weak. I regret having even made this a thing in the first place because now I feel I’m between a rock and a hard place.

BigPapa

Space Monkey
space monkey
The issue is abundance on your side . You are acting like this because you do not have that many good looking girls that you interact with , which makes you thinks that girls like your gf are scarce .

you look weak not because you told her that , but because you talk instead of doing things . If getting girls would have been easy , you would just stopped this back and forth and just relegate your gf to a fuck buddy and tried to get yourself a girl that is more affectionate :)

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
What do you care if a girl texts you good morning or good night?

As long as she's still having sex that's really all that matters. Let her be the one that initiates silly texting stuff like that. The situation should be flipped right now, her being like "how come you don't respond to my text last night!"

Was this a mistake? Yes. Is it recoverable? Probably so.

Maybe some other guys might have some better advice on moving forward.

ieatapples

Space Monkey
space monkey
How do you recover from something like that? Do you brush it off as if nothing happend and continue on as always, or do you confidently joke in a phone call about it being awkward then segway to something light hearted and fun?

>