Difference between rapport/emotional connection and comfort

Jan

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I have recently read Rollo Tomassi's blog post where he argued that there is a difference between rapport/emotional connection and comfort.

I have always somehow meshed these concepts in my head as one.

Comfort stage seems to be my weak point (or maybe it's rapport). I have spent some time recently trying to focus on comfort more, but the results are counter productive. I feel like when I try to build more comfort I become a text book nice guy. And I don't really see any positive results of my efforts.

Also, I get little confused about this comfort thing because at least from my own masculine perspective, I feel like people should feel comfortable around me. I'm not aggressive, well mannered and never intent to harm anyone on purpose. I'm not pushy, accepting and always respect individual freedom.

When it comes to rapport/emotional connection, this indeed seems to be more of a problem for me. As I'm very rational person, I operate on this plane most of the time. When it comes to emotions, I'm more likely to express positive emotions but I usually hide any negative emotions.

Anyway, can you guys clearly distinguish between rapport and comfort? If so, how are these two concepts different?

>