Does Age Matter?

TitanLXVII

Rookie
Rookie
Hi everyone,

I've been making approaches for awhile now and a recurring thing I've noticed is that my age seems to bother some girls. I'm 18 and I generally make approaches at college which means a lot of times I'll be approaching girls who are older than me. I didn't think that mattered until recently I had another girl seem uncomfortable when I told her how old I was. She was the one who brought it up so I didn't think lying was a good choice but then she became distant(note she's 22). I understand that it's possible for other reasons for her to become distant, like how I present myself or interact with her but my ultimate question is does age matter?

Stranger

Space Monkey
space monkey
Technically, age doesn't matter. It is just a social barrier created by people. I suggest to be vague when asked about your age, like answering it with "old enough", and jumping to another topic, but again I am just a total beginner. Wait for the professionals.

Flames

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This a question I don't really think anyone can answer and it depends on the people Involved. My last 'gf' was 10years younger and the one before that was 10years older. I have quite a few women friends and generally the consensus is that age doesn't really matter, but then I see a guy in his 70's dating someone invthor 20's in the paper and I can't help but shudder (and be slightly jealous).

One of my gf's friends was talking about it to my current gf, about a creepy guy in his 40's dating someone her age (her and the gf are 26) when I pointed out I was only a few years off 40, she replied yeah but your not 40 yet, so lol I dunno.....

I'm more interested in girls in mid 20's atm so I guess that's about the right age for me personally. I'd like to hear other people's views on this.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Age is one of those things where the younger you are, the bigger a deal it is.

For a 15 year old girl, for instance, a 14 year old boy is a CHILD. And a 16 year old... wow, he's a MAN!

Then you get a 35 year old woman, and if she's dating a guy who's 31 it might be a little bit weird, but it's okay. If she's dating a guy who's 42, she won't even bat an eyelash.

At 22, yes, you'll seem pretty young to her at 18. This is one of the few places I'd recommend your best bet is probably simply to fib about your age.

If she asks you how old you are, tell her to guess. Whatever age she picks, tell her she's close, then go a year over.

Or, you can ask her first, and go a year younger or older than her age.

If you ever end up in a relationship together, you can let her know sometime after the two of you've been together a few weeks or so. You'll just tell her you liked her and didn't want her to dismiss you just because you were younger.

Much of the time, girls will simply never know. When I was picking up girls older than me when I was still young, I'd lie about my age to them, and most of them would never know.

You're really not totally "free" from ever having to lie about your age until you hit 27. Once you're 27, you've hit an age where pretty much everyone agrees you're an adult, and age stops being a big deal.

Before that, to at least SOMEONE out there... you're still a baby.

So, you do the only thing you can do - tell them you're older, so they can judge you by you instead of by your birth year.

Chase

--Howl--

Rookie
Rookie
It's weird right! Once you've hit that 10,000 day mark as a guy, people start treating you a little differently!

My friend just came back from China and was telling me about the prostitutes there. Apparently, every Chinese "lady of the evening" in Shanghai is 23. These are girls who have gotten very good at sleeping with guys from the west (who would never dream of doing such a thing back home), and I guess through lots of empirical evidence they found that 23 is the best age for women. it's young enough that guys will get excited, but not TOO young or TOO old for them to have second thoughts about doing the dirty deed.

City of the future...Weird. ;)

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Howl-

--Howl-- said:
It's weird right! Once you've hit that 10,000 day mark as a guy, people start treating you a little differently!

Yeah, it's a bizarre relic of our society that isn't really shared most other places in the world.

In most cultures, you have some kind of ritual of becoming a man. Before that ritual, it's very clear: you are not a man. After that ritual, it's also very clear: you are now a man.

We don't have that in the West... the closest thing we had before was marriage, but that's lost its weight as a manhood rite too. A married man at 23 almost seems a little funny to most Western people: "Married? That young? Oh, how cute!"

I have no idea why 27 is the age you're "understood" to be a man in the West, but it sure seems to be.

--Howl-- said:
My friend just came back from China and was telling me about the prostitutes there. Apparently, every Chinese "lady of the evening" in Shanghai is 23. These are girls who have gotten very good at sleeping with guys from the west (who would never dream of doing such a thing back home), and I guess through lots of empirical evidence they found that 23 is the best age for women. it's young enough that guys will get excited, but not TOO young or TOO old for them to have second thoughts about doing the dirty deed.

City of the future...Weird. ;)

Yeah, and they're all "students." It's interesting to get approached by prostitutes there... not much thought put into their backstories at all. "What do you do?" "I'm a student." "Oh, what school?" "A school in town." "Studying anything interesting?" "I'm on a break from school right now." It's probably good business strategy... if their backstories were all that detailed, they'd end up in lengthy conversations with men who were almost certainly NOT going to be customers. Their customers don't care about their faux backstories.

They don't spend much time talking to men 35 and younger, either... you're not their target demographic in that age range.

I guess age matters for hookers, too!

Chase

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Titan,

This is actually very easy for me to point out. In general, age doesn't play a HUGE factor in attracting women, but there are some very thick lines that are hard to cross.

As a guy who practiced a lot of styles of college game with different girls, I can tell you right now that the following is a really thick barrier that unfortunately is hard to get over: trying to pick up a girl whose ID can get her in anywhere (i.e. because she's 21 in the US), and your ID cannot (i.e. you're younger than 21 in the US).

In a girl's eyes, this creates a glaring difference in status (i.e. she's a grown woman who can buy and drink alcohol and go to bars and clubs and you're a young teenager who cannot). Your best bet is to try to avoid having the question of age come up entirely, and with great fundamentals, you can sometimes come across as so cool and confident that a girl may just not think to ask you for your age. But again, I would just take Chase's advice and try to practice your game with girls around your age for now. It just makes things much easier (and you'll be able to analyze your interactions more clearly since you know age isn't something that could have possibly affected the outcome).

Hope this helps,

Franco

Jay

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Titan,

I actually happen to be 19, and also a freshman in college, and I have had some measure of success pulling girls in their early 20s. It really is all about the confidence. My friend who is my age almost to the day, and is 5' 5'' to boot, picked up a 28 year old elementary school teacher at a bar we went to the other day and closed her in his car. Granted this is pretty rare, but my point is the difference is mostly cultural stigma. If theres attraction there, its there regardless of a few years age difference between adults.

That being said...

Chase said:
At 22, yes, you'll seem pretty young to her at 18. This is one of the few places I'd recommend your best bet is probably simply to fib about your age.

If she asks you how old you are, tell her to guess. Whatever age she picks, tell her she's close, then go a year over.

Or, you can ask her first, and go a year younger or older than her age.

This really is your best course of action, I myself have a fake ID, and while highly illegal, I would suggest you get one because of the sheer convenience. It opens up a very large area of game to 18-20 year olds (wouldn't suggest for younger, it becomes significantly less believable with each year below 18) and if a 22 year old sees you buying drinks in a club/bar, bam, she assumes you are of age, and there isn't really any reason to expressly lie to her. Even if she does ask, I usually just stick to my age on the ID, 23, and your word should be enough, but you COULD jokingly offer it to her "approval" if she's acting playfully skeptical.

Sidebar; if there happen to be any practicing seducer cops on here, I apologize, but we college kids do what we gotta' do since the drinking age is so ridiculously high in this country. What we need here is a lower drinking age, and a culture that emphasizes drinking in moderation, akin to Europe. Going there as a loud, obnoxiously drunk American, with other loud, obnoxiously drunk Americans was eye opening, even embarrassing. You should be able to make your own decisions regarding alcohol when you are a legal adult (18) in this country, unfortunately we have too many recklessly immature people my age in this country for that to be a reality. Done with my soapbox now :).

Seeberman

Space Monkey
space monkey
Franco said:
Hey Titan,

As a guy who practiced a lot of styles of college game with different girls, I can tell you right now that the following is a really thick barrier that unfortunately is hard to get over: trying to pick up a girl whose ID can get her in anywhere (i.e. because she's 21 in the US), and your ID cannot (i.e. you're younger than 21 in the US).

Franco

This is 100% spot on.

I turn 21 in a few days, and often get told by women I look 24 or 25 on any given night, I have approached 30 year olds and simply lied about my age, but even if I tell an immature and low-status 22 or 23 year old girl that I am not 21 yet, the "you can't legally buy alcohol or go out yet" barrier kicks in. I've literally had girls drop me instantly when I tell the truth around my age, personally, if you're a sharp looking 20 year old guy who can pass for older I would just lie, and at the very least say you're 21 if you have a good vibe with an older woman, at least until you can go out to bars/clubs legally.

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I myself find age doesnt matter, I am 20, 5 ft 5, very muscular build and I have no problem getting girls that are as old as 25-26 in fact for some reason older girls are more attracted to me than the younger ones. It essentially comes down to your confidance and your ability to "not give a fuck". I honestly dont know what it is about me that attracts older woman. honestly ive only had younger girls 18-20 say "you are a dime" or "wow you are good looking and sexy". older woman just generally say I really like you or just touch me alot and smile.

The Tool

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Tool,

The Tool said:
I honestly dont know what it is about me that attracts older woman.

Anyone who's self-improvement oriented runs into this until he reaches 25 to 27 or so. You're basically too old for your age... most guys who are 20 years old are laughing at fart jokes and blacking out at frat parties and running around screaming at each other or getting into fist fights or crying about how hard life is. They're emotional messes. When you're not, it's a signal to a woman that you're "older" - even if, age-wise, you really aren't.

That can send younger women into auto-rejection or cause them to feel that they can't relate to you, while older women feel like you're "on the level."

The Tool said:
honestly ive only had younger girls 18-20 say "you are a dime" or "wow you are good looking and sexy". older woman just generally say I really like you or just touch me alot and smile.

The Tool

Younger and less experienced women tend to have less polish and be more forthright. They'll be blunt, abrupt, and blurt things out that a woman who's more experienced in the ways of dating and men wouldn't dream of. It's actually kind of endearing if you don't take it the wrong way.

Chase

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Ah all of the above makes perfect sense, too old for my age. Indeed. The auto rejection and inability to relate for the younger girls is extremely true now that I look back on past experiences. glad it was explained. Thanks Chase.

The Tool

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
The Tool said:
Ah all of the above makes perfect sense, too old for my age. Indeed. The auto rejection and inability to relate for the younger girls is extremely true and that I look back on past experiences. glad it was explained. Thanks Chase.

The Tool

I've hooked up with girls in there twenties at age 18 at my college. I definitely like what Franco said about the situation. The question didn't come up until after we hooked up. I would be at work or with other girls preselction when I first met them.

I would also like to add I've managed to consistently date up in my past relationships. Example she's 16 I'm 15 or she's 16 I'm 14 whatever. I'm currently dating a girl my own age and it's going very well because I've learned from past relationships and experiences. Such as leading the relationship to where I want to go.

I feel older girls or girls in general like a guy who can lead the relationship, they can relate too, but also isn't boring or overly serious.

>