FU 
Dour dinner date

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
Backstory:

I found this woman on an online dating system. She is my height (not shorter), smart and successful. She is slim. I felt like it was a rare occurrence for me to get a date with a woman like this so I thought that I had to set the date and go out on my shield rather than take 1-3 weeks to schedule a date and then feel disappointed when the date never happens, like I often do.

She gave me two days on which she was free. They weren't so good for me and her messages seemed curt, like she was very busy, so I suggested a 1 hour informational date. She wasn't happy with this and said that it wouldn't work for her, and that I should find somebody else who might like a date like that. I responded that I suggested it because I couldn't stay out late on the suggested night but really wanted to meet her (figuring that she was dumping me because she sensed low attainability). She then gave a few more time slots but added that soon she'd be unavailable for meets for the rest of the month due to religious observances. So I took one of the slots and the only thing that made sense was a weekend dinner date, so that's what I did. I must have screwed up suggesting the informational date, or not put enough feelers out, and we should review the texts here. But I did well to turn around the dismissal to get the date. I'm pretty sure that when I asked what leads women to be very unforgiving of the smallest screw ups and I think that he said that it's low attainability, so I kept that in mind.

The date :

I set the date in a central location. She didn't actually tell me the area she lived in over texts and asked for a central location. She told me her area when we met and it turns out that we were kind of far from both of our respective homes.

She showed up on time give or take 5 minutes. She hugged me hello and introduced herself. She was dressed quite casually with a t shirt and not much makeup. I thought it was a good look for a first date.

We sat down and started talking. She's not as talkative as some of the other women that I've met but she told me about her home country, career so far and she went on a bit about her previous dating experiences. She said that she has had some cringe worthy moments and it sounded like she has never dated a guy seriously. Her last experience from this system seems like it was a guy where they dated for a bit but it didn't lead to a full relationship.

We ate the food and continued the chit chat. She spoke about her hobbies, her travel and a bit more about careers. It made her seem kind of self made and level headed.

The bill came and I offered to take it and she offered to split it. I agreed, figuring that the date wasn't strong enough so far, so no need to pay more than I need to, given that I don't expect to see her again. After the bill was paid we continued to chat for a bit. Then I suggested that we sit down at the nearby drinks place to talk some more. I hadn't built up any compliance and was expecting her to say that she had to get going but she said "sure" to my surprise. At this point I was trying to run the 3 venue date. Even though we were far from each other's places I wanted to ask her to come back after venue 2 and either get a no or have her change her mind during the trip back. But then she said that she was super full and suggested to go for a walk instead. I said yes.

So we left the venue and went walking around town for around 20 minutes. She walks long distances as a hobby and even suggested a 1 hour walk. In this time, I told her to put away her Google Maps and that I'd navigate her to the subway station that she wanted. As we walked she said that she was cold and I told her that it was warm and asked to feel her hands to see how cold she really was. She said no. Bad sign I guess. She also told me more about one of her cringe worthy dates and asked me to recall mine. I told her that I don't have any and when she prodded I told her that it's true and is because I choose my women well! That was a cool line but not enough to rescue the date. I also asked when she'd be available to meet again. She said that it'd be in around a month and that she wouldn't even be meeting friends due to the religious observation. The reason why I mentioned another date was because I wanted to keep my attainability high and also try to get a verbal agreement out of her for another meet.

We walked for around 20 minutes and ended up at the subway station. At this point I was ready to go home and call it a day. So we said goodbye and went to our respective train platforms. She said something like "see you soon hopefully" in a slightly underwhelmed or subdued tone and didn't step closer to me to say goodbye (so that I would have had to step closer to her to hug her or something, and I didn't), with no touch. Total date time was around 2 hours 20 minutes.

>