Emotional cresting and troughing applies not only to women

Atlas IV

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So last night I went out to some strip clubs with some friends of friends who are well-acquainted with the red light culture of this city. Having never really explored it myself, I figured it would be some harmless fun, a way to relax and "switch off" from game for a while.

And it was fun. A room full of half naked, smoking hot girls, all smiling at me and trying to make eye contact, who would willingly come over and dance on me for a drink. It was a dopamine rush - all the reward of seduction handed to me without the work. It was like the inverse of game - instead of trying to seduce and win over the girl, the girl tries to seduce and win over you (and get you paying for her to go home with you).

It was a fun experience... in the moment.

But then the next day... I felt massively depressed and empty. Even though I knew I had to mentally shut off from that junk food and go back to focusing on PUA, my brain still threw a tantrum since it had gotten a taste of the easy fruit.

Then I realised that what was happening to me was exactly what happens to girls when I stimulate them emotionally. Women enjoy the stimulation, but when you overstimulate them and then take it away, they are often left feeling more down than when you first found them.

Same thing happened to me in the strip club. I was overstimulated, ego over-inflated, and this caused a massive drop as soon as I left and realised that it wasn't real - I didn't actually seduce them, those girls were just doing their job.

So the lesson is that we can be overstimulated in the same way women can be emotionally, only that what stimulates us is having physical attention from hot girls. Strip clubs are dangerous for this, because I think spending too much time in those sorts of places will throw your inner/emotional state completely out of whack, thereby sabotaging your game.

Last edited:

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human
I'll be honest, this sounds more like a dopamine crash.

Your brain thought going out to this place would be just okay, but the actual experience was much better, so the reward prediction error was way off. This meant you got much more out of it than you expected, but a side effect of that is that when your dopamine goes back to baseline, it actually drops well below. So you end up feeling more depressed and empty.

A quick cure for that is to do something painful-maybe a freezing cold shower, or something to take your dopamine in the opposite direction, so it slingshots back to a more normal baseline.

Atlas IV

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
A quick cure for that is to do something painful-maybe a freezing cold shower, or something to take your dopamine in the opposite direction, so it slingshots back to a more normal baseline.
Yep, you're right about that. I went to a cold bath/sauna in the evening and it fixed me completely. Just needed something to bring me out of my head and back into the present moment.

>