Ex-girlfriends contact you near valentine's day?

PinotNoir

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I usually don't get ex-girlfriends contacting me on valentine's day, but this year I did.

Do you guys ever get this?

I just rolled with it. I assume she still wants me in some capacity, but I'm wondering if it would just be a huge headache to continue with it.

Here's the text conversation. Before yesterday, we hadn't talked for about a month.

[Yesterday:]
Her: "Hi Pinot I just arrived at {Airport}. Was on vacation in {Country}. How are u? Do u get a girlfriend? :p"
[Wow, jumping right to it. What the heck?]
Me: "hey {Girl}, welcome back :) why do u ask? haha. enjoy {Country}? I hope u had some new, exciting adventures in ur life"
[I decide not to answer directly to lead her on, even though I don't have a GF at the moment.]
Her: "Cause I want to know, so tell me lol"
Me: "haha u are so curious. I always loved that about u"
Me: "u can't always get what u want ;) if I reveal, what do I get in return?"
[No response.]

[Today:]
Her: "Happy valentine's day!"
Me: "happy valentine's day. spend it with the ones u love? hope it's a good weekend"
Her: "Haha I am working. No boyfriend. How about u? Will u send flowers to me"
Me: "of course I would ;) but you're not my girlfriend"

I'm just having fun with it for now, but it was a little surprising to me. Unfortunately, she lives in another state from me now, so I can't really pull this into valentine's day sex.

PinotNoir

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yes, at first, I was thinking along the exact same lines as daviddreamer.

But, after texting more, I came to the same conclusion as you DS. She was just wanting emotional/male attention/validation, basically wanting to know that she's still beautiful and that guys still want (chase) her.

But, somewhere in the back of my head, I feel like I still could have gotten sex if she lived within driving distance, but don't know (and will never know).

>