Break Ups  Ex wants to meet

pikachu

Space Monkey
space monkey
We broke up over a month ago. She wants to meet to discuss the future with our son. I don't know what I want or what to do. I assumed she never wanted to talk to me again so I've been living my best life.

How do I figure out what I want with her? And if it's to get together or to be friends then how do I go about it?

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Dude, it's so tough to answer "How do I figure out what I want?" You're the only one who can ask yourself that. So sit down and think about it. Write it down, every single little thing. From your job to your relationships, what you value, what you want out out of life, and what you want with her and your son. Do you want to be a family with both of them? Do you want to be single and sleep with other people? Just be clear and upfront about what you want. Because if you don't know what you want nobody can help you.

Colt Williams

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Pika Pika, there simply isn't close to enough information to help you here. How long were you two together? Why did you split? If it was something irreconcilable like values differences, then you should probably stay split. If it was something fixable you may want to fix. But as Jacob said, only you can decide what you want in the end. And the gut often knows what needs to be done. Feel free to share more details if you'd like

>