Wealth  Existential Dread/Hope With AI

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
AI can already pass medical licensing exams and the bar exam.

the best chess and go player in the world has been an AI for years.

ai cannot replace a true expert?

Since when does passing a bar exam makes you an expert lawyer?

You seem to confuse knowledge with wisdom and computing power with intelligence.

Surveyor

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
please quote a post where i give my opinion on game.
It's harder to find your posts when no one can see your profile.
But anyway, you've stated your opinions, couched in somewhat provocative terms, in your recent OPs on raw looks and semen retention.
my game related posts are almost always me asking a question or saying "this program helped me.
Sometimes the undertext and implications ... aren't like that.
as far as me directly telling someone what to do,
... ^^
i guarantee you will not find a single post like that.
Technically accurate as far as I can tell, But whether it's direct or implicit is irrelevant.
if im wrong then quote the post for all to see.
Funny enough I can't find that thread you started on "What is the consensus on nofap in 2023?"
also, i have an "approached to lay ratio" NOT approach to lay ratio
Since we're on it, what is your ratio anyway?
girls approach me.
Happens to many of us here.
There was even a big debate years ago on sedfast when i revealed that i did significantly better with an aloof angry vibe compared to a neutral or more chill/relaxed vibe.
What was your sedfast handle?

As for your point about licensing exams, ulrich put it more concisely than I could.

TheEcho

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

You seem to confuse knowledge with wisdom and computing power with intelligence.
ChatGPT3 is pretty ridiculously good at wording things in requested styles. Sure you currently need a human for QA, but pretty sure 1000x’ing the reference points will put a serious dent in the necessity of a skilled human. Things will get more and more accessible to the point experts are unnecessary, you just need ChatGPT4/5 and a question. And after all, contracts are just wording. Medicine is toast, given diagnosing is basically the correlation of symptoms and possible causes, which bots can do far better than humans.

rr2021 aka DEVENCI

Space Monkey
space monkey

hahha wtf.

i guess being the best chess player in the world does not make you an expert at chess either.

funniest thread of the last 2 years on this forum.

comedy gold.

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
ChatGPT3 is pretty ridiculously good at wording things in requested styles. Sure you currently need a human for QA, but pretty sure 1000x’ing the reference points will put a serious dent in the necessity of a skilled human. Things will get more and more accessible to the point experts are unnecessary, you just need ChatGPT4/5 and a question. And after all, contracts are just wording. Medicine is toast, given diagnosing is basically the correlation of symptoms and possible causes, which bots can do far better than humans.
I really wish there was a way to place a bet on this.

I’d be willing to put my money against your claims in a 5 year timeframe.

By the way, automated diagnosis has been around for 10 years now.
There is a reason why people still visit doctors.

—-
Writing contracts and churning content are two use cases where I agree AI will totally change the landscape.
The reason: volume > quality

You don’t need a perfect contract, you just need something that is good enough.
The bar is even lower for content in some niches, you don’t even need it good, you just need volume.

TheEcho

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
How does a human doctor have an edge when an AI can reference every medical publication ever made, weight them according to quality and results, and can triangulate every factor about a person provided to it, simultaneously?

I also am incentivized to hope this takes longer, given that’s more time for my ideas to exist in the market. I just don’t see any reason why the singularity isn’t about to crash down on us. At least the mass layoff aspect

rr2021 aka DEVENCI

Space Monkey
space monkey
I’d be willing to put my money against your claims in a 5 year timeframe.
hahahaha.

omg.

i guess you know better then the largest companies in the world.

amazon

google

meta

all conducting mass firings as we speak

each have fired 10 000+ in recent months

all replaced by automation/ai

but somehow you know better then them and their trillions in resources

hahahahahaha

comedy gold.

please keep these posts coming

rr2021 aka DEVENCI

Space Monkey
space monkey
Flame War: this post has been rated a "Flame War post" by forum members
How does a human doctor have an edge when an AI can reference every medical publication ever made, weight them according to quality and results, and can triangulate every factor about a person provided to it, simultaneously?
exactly.

its insane that this is even an argument.

im honestly shocked by the hilariously flawed thinking being displayed on this thread.

it's so obvious, im surprised any adult human would fail to understand something so obvious.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Senses and experience.

Can AI detect a hint of alcohol in your breath? Can AI notice that one of your shoulders is slightly unbalanced?
Can AI notice that your eyes have a strange coloring?
Can AI infer that you lied about you taking your medicine?
Can AI feel the tension of your muscles?
Can AI test your reflexes?

Can AI suspect that the inputs you are providing are truthful?
Because an skilled doctor can.

TheEcho

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Well, we’re both automation minded, so we see shiny new tools with all this. Others just go off the general trend, which until now wasn’t that promising. Though I strongly believe the upswing is currently happening

TheEcho

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Senses and experience.

Can AI detect a hint of alcohol in your breath? Can AI notice that one of your shoulders is slightly unbalanced?

Give it blood tests and images and it will do so far better than a human. There’s already bots that can diagnose seemingly unrelated things by looking at your skin. This was years ago, not sure how that specific situation turned out, but we’re light years beyond even a few years ago

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
i guess you know better then the largest companies in the world.

amazon

google

meta

all conducting mass firings as we speak

each have fired 10 000+ in recent months

all replaced by automation/ai

Oh sure, 10K+ highly skilled engineers replaced in full by a mysterious AI that performs their tasks perfectly.

Market forces have nothing do… for sure.

Dude, honestly stop talking about things you can’t understand.

rr2021 aka DEVENCI

Space Monkey
space monkey
Senses and experience.

hahahhahahha

you keep being funnier with each post.

what planet do you live on?

are you unaware that every single thing you just listed can already be done without any human involvement except for the lying...but even that there are machines that can monitor hearth rate,changes in sweat, etc....and other indicators that someone might be lying

lol

again, this can all already be done without humans

hahahahha

again, what planet do you live on?

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Give it blood tests and images and it will do so far better than a human. There’s already bots that can diagnose seemingly unrelated things by looking at your skin. This was years ago, not sure how that specific situation turned out, but we’re light years beyond even a few years ago
Then why are those technologies not readily available for the masses nor fully integrated?

>