Socializing  Eye contact with strangers

BigPapa

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey guys ,

chit chatting with people around the forum , I realized a very wired thing about fundamentals and eye contact with strangers .

when I walk on the street , I get more eye contact from men ( most of the guys ) , that look heterosexual , than I get from girls ( some of the girls ) .I am scratching my head to understand why would a heterosexual man would make eye contact with another heterosexual man , when both of them are strangers .

Do you believe that I am too arrogant when I say that maybe I am guy that they look up to , and that is why they make strong eye contact ?

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@BigPapa dude! Well why are you making eye contact with these guys? :')

You are definitely being arrogant and although this could be true it could be misplaced. Again why are you making eye contact with them? Do you look up to these guys? Possibly not... You're being social, you're making connections. Are you greeting these guys? Any acknowledgement or are you looking away quickly in case they think you're gay and come and hit on you? :')

It's a social interaction, you both look around and boom your making eye contact. You don't look up to dismiss them, you don't look down to submit to them. You will look to the side to mutually break contact. Get comfortable with making eye contact it will help with a lot of shit dude!

BigPapa

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well , the idea was that I look straight but feel that people are looking to make eye contact , which for me does not make any sense when it comes from men .

Sometimes a look briefly at them , sometimes I do not , but they keep looking .was just curious if this also happens to you guys :)

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I've always tended to make a lot of eye contact in public. When it is maintained and return I usually smile and say "hello", "Mornin'" or "excuse me" as I pass them. I mostly encounter this when running or hiking on a narrow trail.

An Aside....One morning I was descending from Cloud's Rest after a woman and I summitted at dawn. I got seriously eye fucked by the women who were hiking up as I descended. Might have been the angle, might have been that the men they were with were bitching about the hike. Or maybe it was just my attitude of being the first one up on the ridge and feeling confident, happy and full of post exertion endorphins.

People will mirror your emotions though when they return eye contact. If you are pissed off they will bow up and challenge you.

BigPapa

Space Monkey
space monkey
Totally agree with you @Fuck This :)

I guess this has to do with the fact that deep down I am an introvert and kinda only make eye contact only if I am interested in something .

>