Facial Hair

Estate

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Just an observation as of late...

I know Chase has written before about sexy facial hair. To be honest, since I was a teen I've always been clean shaven. My hair is naturally fairly light and thin. Typical irish I guess so it's difficult to grow out so I keep it fairly tight.
As of late though I've been letting it grow out a little ontop at the front so I can style it a little more.

On top of that I've experimented with facial hair. Since my hair is light, I get that Irish guy beard after about a week and a half where it just looks sort of ginger once it goes anything past just day old stubble.
I never had the confidence to let it grow, a full on beard just didn't suit me.

So I started to groom it, I let the mustache and under my chin grow out a little and I keep the rest trimmed to either shaved or let it go a day or too to stubble. Think sort of like Robert Downey Jr. Something along that lines anyway.
It's funny, I feel so much more manly and confident with it. And I'm not sure if this is the only reason but I'm getting more reaction from women.

Most women don't comment on it but I'm generally seeing more women look or stare or see me positively.
The funny thing is, a few girls HAVE commented on it but they don't always compliment, it's more like a "so what's going on with the facial hair?" type comments. Funny really, they don't compliment it, I think that fact that I'm growing it out in a more non-conventional way that most guys won't try that they take notice and don't necessarily want to comment positively on it early on but no matter what she says, the reactions speak for themselves.

It's funny how the difference between what she says and what she seems to think just don't correlate. Yet at the same time they seem to dig it.

PinotNoir

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yep, completely agree.

I already posted this in another thread too, but girls love to try and "fix" a guy. They see you as the bad boy that won't shave -- but still looks sexy with sexy facial hair. They think, "Maybe I can make him change his ways and start shaving!"

I've seen a lot of girls say that they hate facial hair and then date plenty of guys with it; it's just ridiculous haha. It also opens the door for some good banter/flirting:

"I hate guys with facial hair."

- "Oh, really? Have you ever kissed a guy with facial hair?"
- "The first thing you noticed was my facial hair... looking at my lips?"
- "Stop trying to imagine what it would be like kissing a guy like me with facial hair! I have to get to know a girl first!"
- "Oh... so if I shaved, you'd love me?"

AfterMath

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have some light facial hair and I've noticed that usually women do respond better to it, but often times some women get completely turned off.
I think it's one of those things where a certain woman will either love it or hate it.
The women I'm going after usually do respond better to facial hair, the more open-minded rockerish chicks, for example, which I usually dig. Some women who I felt had some sort of attraction for me before, won't even look my way after the beard, and others who I thought wanted nothing to do with me now look at me completely differently. Overall, though, it was a positive improvement, I've gotten way more attention after I grew the beard than before, and I think the look just suits me more, it balances out my "baby-looking" face perfectly.
I guess you have to see the type of women who will respond to it better and adjust accordingly...so my advice is to stick with it for a while and notice the reactions, then see what you'll do.

>