FR  Failed Escalation with Inexperienced Girl

determined

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday mornings I go to the farmers market. It's a good long walk from my house, so the whole way I'll approach any cute girls I see. I'll usually wander around the market a good deal, too, then take a circuitous route back. Today, first girl I approached is a little Japanese girl.

When I told her I was going to the market she asked if she could come with me. I said sure, then when we got there I pulled one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg9rJpMQ ... 1AFE1BEFBA and asked if she wanted to pick out some food and cook it together. Her: "Wow, you cook?" She doesn't so I asked, "Can you follow directions?"

Somewhat of a language barrier, but it was fine. We laughed about it and if she still couldn't understand after I repeated myself I would give her a light shove and/or a cute look and move on. I asked her to teach me the most important word I need to know in Japanese. She chose "pretty." When I asked why that's the most important word she pointed at herself. Laughing, I put my fingers together to say "just a little bit."

Leaving the market, I grabbed a grape from one of the stands and handed it to her. She asked where I got it as if she thought I'd picked it up off the ground, so I said, "From that stand. You don't believe me?" Then I bit off half the grape sexually and handed her the other half.

I made a point of using lots of kino, which is something I need to get more comfortable with. Some of it was a bit awkward, but for the most part went great and she liked it. It was hard to maintain eye contact while walking and looking in the same direction, especially because she'd always look away and giggle when I tried.

When we got to my kitchen I had her hand me everything from the bag and I would put each item on the counter. When we got everything I turned around, leaning back against the counter, and looked into her eyes, then down at her lips. She giggled and asked, "what?" Don't remember if I went for the kiss here and got rejected or if I told her to start washing the vegetables. Either way, after she handed me one of the peppers I grabbed her by the belt loops and pulled her in. Again, "what?" I went in for the kiss one or two times and got rejected, just a giggle and her turning away.

I didn't want to persist to the point that she would have to leave because we still hadn't cooked; I didn't want the invitation to prepare a meal together to have only been a trick to get her to my place. I opted to wait and build more comfort and tension. So we cooked. I had her doing the stirring, so she was busy even when I had downtime. When I had nothing to do I would just watch her, and a couple times ran my my foot up her calf or my fingers on her hip.

There's nowhere to sit in my place so we ate on the bed, mostly in silence. I finished first and began to just watch her. Soon she said, "Say something." I told her to ask me a question, which of course I immediately turned back around to her. When she finished I put our plates in the sink and we returned to sit on the bed. She said she loved the song from Beauty and the Beast, so I put it on. She immediately went to the bathroom, and my plan was to start escalating as soon as she sat back down. But she never did. When she came back she went to her bag and pulled out her phone, saying that she had to go because the museum she planned to visit was about to stop admitting people.

me: Go tomorrow.
her, laughing: I have plans tomorrow
me: Go Monday.
her: I have class.

Now she was still by her bag, with me still on the bed. She waved a small goodbye and started to leave. Knew we probably would never see each other again if I let her leave, but I invited her to hang out tomorrow after her plans and she said it depends on when she frees up. She can't make calls in the US so she helped me find her on facebook. She's only in the States for another week. I walked her out of the apartment, then tried to kiss her one more time. No go. Went for a manhandle kiss, and only got her cheek. me: "Why not?" her, still smiling, but not as completely comfortable as she was before: "Because you're not my boyfriend." She wouldn't even kiss me on the cheek. As of the next morning, she still hasn't accepted my friend request - I wasn't expecting to see her again, but if there was a sliver of a chance before I think all that persisting at the end burned the bridge.

Things I did well:
Lots of kino
The tension was finally there; we were definitely not friends

Things to improve:
No chase framing
My kino was too forward/needy. All pull and no push.
Began to chase when she started to turn me down. Should show disinterest instead.

Man, the whole way from the market to my place I was sure it was on. She just graduated high school, so she must be only 18 and probably a virgin. Feedback?

>