Fashion: Pants

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey guys,

So what do you recommend for pants? I find if you have a nice slim waistline, most dress pants or slacks actually make your figure look worse; chinos/khakis I've pretty much given up on altogether due to the "Best Buy sales assistant" image they seem to give off; and dark indigo or black jeans are flattering, but get boring after a while.

I'm never stuck for ideas for the top half, but pants... What do you suggest?

-Marty

Oskar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My go to pants for most days are Levi's 511 Corduroy's. They look good for pretty much every occasion, are comfortable, durable, and inexpensive. I have a black pair, an olive pair, and a dark blue pair. The olive and black both can be worn with pretty much anything. I think Levi's stopped making these but there are still some specialty websites where you can find them.

Cheers,
Oskar

Thinkingenigma

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I have a pair of dark blue Extreme Couture jeans that have very heavy whiskering and fading on the thighs. I wear those almost exclusively. They are incredibly durable, and super rugged. I wear them everywhere, and I've found that they go with almost everything. As for shoes, nice athletic kicks (I have vintage Air Jordans that I found at a thrift store) or boots work best.

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Oskar said:
My go to pants for most days are Levi's 511 Corduroy's.
Oskar, thanks for reminding me. I did have a couple pairs of skinny corduroys, similar cut to the 511, a few years back, but I'd forgotten. Good piece of advice.

>