Fellow posters in your 20s, what is bothering you a lot in life right now?

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
I wanted to make this thread, get enough posts on it, and hopefully one day Chase can write an article about it.

Now since this is Girlschase, these things have to relate to women and social aspects of life instead of things like making more money or getting in shape.

Since I started the thread, I'll go first but I want everyone to share what is bothering them.

I feel like I am at a point where I have the situation concerning getting laid handled but I feel as if I am heading towards a long unhappy path of loneliness if I don't get married or go with an LTR. Looking around when I am on a date or going out to a bar to night game, I see people who are out in large groups with their friends and I am still working on getting that together for my own life.

I've had some success getting into some decent parties and meeting up with old classmates but it has not got to a point where I feel like I have a tribe or circle of friends to enjoy life experiences with. At times I just feel like I am chasing a fantasy now and by the time I am in my 30s, if I don't settle down then I am going to be by myself a lot and will always be that strange social outcast among those of my age who are married with kids.

As bad as it sounds to PUA rebels, I really want to fit in and feel like I belong to a big community for once in my life but in the back of my head I worry if I missed my opportunity for that in college.

What about you guys!

mindful

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Making friends and cultivating friendships in your 20s is going to take effort just as you have learned to improve your dating life using the tools provided on this site.

However, the good thing is you are way more social and know how to conversate with people from improving with women - use this as a multiplier for making friends. Now how do you find these friends? You need to find social hobbies that you can do that will get you out there meeting people and then you need to be proactive with talking with people and hanging out with them (set up hang outs, etc).

Sounds a lot like approaching women and getting dates right? No one is going to go out of their way to be friends with you, especially since most people that live in big cities have friends from college they regularly see plus new friends that they get at their first job they start out at.

I know this because I have seen this pattern play out with numerous friends and people i know, including me. Most people will form their friend group from people they meet in their first job, especially in certain industries where there are always a new fresh batch of grads starting those jobs. Plus whoever they were friends with in college that also live in the city. And then through that there social circle will gradually expand as they meet friends of friends. And also don't forget about the few friends people talk to from growing up / high school... i still have 3-5 friends I talk to from growing up.

Another thing you may wanna consider is leaving NYC to a more laid back city where finding friends won't be as difficult. Also, if you have the bumble app, use the find a friend feature and see what that does too.

After saying all that - I have to say that I feel a similar sentiment especially since I've moved around a lot. It would be nice to build up a good friend group as well and have a relationship with a girl.

Also, you don't need one do-it-all friend group... you can have friends you call to do X with or Y. I'd say this is pretty standard in life too.

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Some things that bother me right now is.

-We don't seem to have any drugs that affect the sebaceous gland.
-We don't seem to have any oxytocin-inhibitor drugs.
-Bleach is not made at greater than 12.5% concentrations.
-I can't seem to find any places to buy hydrogen peroxide at greater than 3% concentrations.
-Where I'm at, there's no law against owing people money, or a process to verify when you loan someone money.
-Society has so many "us and them" mentalities and organizations to further influence that. This is not just gangs or religions but also sororities.
-As an atheist, then stuff like natural disasters and hurricanes and earthquakes can happen and nobody to blame, which greatly affects the economy.

lostnumber

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm too busy and don't have time for all the things I'd like to do/girls I'd like to see. The opposite problem of what I had going on five years ago.

My job is fairly slow at the moment so I try to get as much of my personal stuff, shopping etc as I can done at work. But my evenings are more crowded than I would like sometimes and I can get burned out.

I'm working on making sure I have at least one evening a week for "me"

uForia

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm making a lot of money but I'm going nowhere with women at the moment. The clubs (recurring meetups) I go to don't have attractive women, and the guys aren't the cool guys that have attractive women in their circles. It's a funny place to be, I got a wealth mindset when it comes to money but a poverty mindset when it comes to women. Plus side is that it makes me able to empathize with both types of people, but I'm having trouble transferring my wealth mindset from money to women because there really is a scarcity of attractive women in my life.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
OP,

Similar to lostnumber, I'd say my biggest issue is just not having enough hours in the week to do everything I want to do.

I'd actually love to get involved in the eSports scene that is growing exponentially at the moment (especially with games like Overwatch that are attempting to break into mainstream sports and media). But the amount of time and effort it takes to become an eSports athlete is similar to the amount of time and effort it takes to become an NFL player: you practically have to devote your life to it.

That being said, there are other routes to get what you want as well. I'm leaning towards looking at becoming an eSports coach instead. There aren't a lot of people actively looking to become eSports coaches at the moment (and most coaches are just retired players or players like myself who found out they didn't have the time [or desire] to keep competing).

So while I'm extremely happy with my lifestyle and everything I have in my life at the moment, it bothers me that there just isn't enough hours in the day to get everything I want. But this is the case for nearly anyone who is extremely talented (i.e. think Elon Musk). So I don't fret about it too much. ;)

Cheers,

Franco

uForia

Space Monkey
space monkey
Franco said:
OP,

Similar to lostnumber, I'd say my biggest issue is just not having enough hours in the week to do everything I want to do.

I'd actually love to get involved in the eSports scene that is growing exponentially at the moment (especially with games like Overwatch that are attempting to break into mainstream sports and media). But the amount of time and effort it takes to become an eSports athlete is similar to the amount of time and effort it takes to become an NFL player: you practically have to devote your life to it.

That being said, there are other routes to get what you want as well. I'm leaning towards looking at becoming an eSports coach instead. There aren't a lot of people actively looking to become eSports coaches at the moment (and most coaches are just retired players or players like myself who found out they didn't have the time [or desire] to keep competing).

So while I'm extremely happy with my lifestyle and everything I have in my life at the moment, it bothers me that there just isn't enough hours in the day to get everything I want. But this is the case for nearly anyone who is extremely talented (i.e. think Elon Musk). So I don't fret about it too much. ;)

Cheers,

Franco
I guess no matter how good I thought you had it, there's always going to be problems that pop up. I'm very surprised a seduction master likes video games. Ten years ago they were considered nerdy and neckbeards ruled supreme in that realm. In fact, I've sort of given up video games trying to find other hobbies with more women in them. I like cooking thus far, but nothing has quite the pull like video games did back when I was a child. What other hobbies do you have Franco?

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Franco said:
OP,

Here's another thing to think about.

Not all people genetically have the same sleep schedule.

Me and my family for example need like 8-7 hours of sleep, and sometimes I can sleep 9 hours.

And some people, only need 3 to 4.

I've heard a lot of CEOs only need 3 to 4 hours of sleep. That's more time to be awake and successful.

I've always wondered what correlations can be drawn from those that need the most sleep and least. Say, lifespan, ability to remember stuff, laziness, etc.

My sister is genetically like me, and her boyfriend who is not related to her, apparently needs less sleep than her. That means if I had a girlfriend, she's statistically likely to go to bed after I go to bed, and wake up before I wake up, wouldn't that put me at a disadvantage? It's like that everywhere I go.

What I've been asking psychology professors - and I still haven't found the answer to this - what is the 5th percentile%? How many hours of sleep is that. And what is the standard deviation?

We know for human height, 5'9.6" for men and 5'4.6" for women. That's for all races in the U.S.

Some of the people who lived to be over 110 slept big in their late years, so I'm still trying to make a list of positives and negatives.

Inbocca

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Time is so scarce. It's funny when you go from doing nothing most of the time it feels like there's no end to the free time you have, but when you hunker down and get busy you realize you've got no time for anything anymore and still have more shit to do. Then you remember your education in Buddhism and realize time is conceptual and laugh at yourself for stressing about running out of something that doesn't tangibly exist but still somehow runs your life and you get confused over whether or not you should actually be bothered.

ResentMasculinity

Space Monkey
space monkey
feel like I am behind in social-skills, conversation-skills, eventhough we shouldn't compare ourselves to others, it's unfortuneately very easy to do.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
uForia,

I'm very surprised a seduction master likes video games. Ten years ago they were considered nerdy and neckbeards ruled supreme in that realm. In fact, I've sort of given up video games trying to find other hobbies with more women in them. I like cooking thus far, but nothing has quite the pull like video games did back when I was a child.

Yeah, times are definitely changing man. I honestly felt like I was born a decade too soon!

You'll actually find that even the likes of ESPN have added competitive eSports to their main website, and eSports is growing bigger everyday. Twitch.tv and other streaming services have really helped move the competitive gaming community onto the big, world stage.

What other hobbies do you have Franco?

Women and video games are my absolute two favorite things. I do enjoy music though and live shows (although I haven't been going to many as much lately), and I also enjoy things like pool parties, raves, concerts, etc.

I also enjoy reading fantastic blogs/articles from good authors as well (such as the guys here on GirlsChase). Although this is something I usually do when I'm taking a break from work!

Neal,

I've heard a lot of CEOs only need 3 to 4 hours of sleep. That's more time to be awake and successful.

I've actually heard about this; I believe I remember hearing that Trump only gets about four hours of sleep each night. I'm definitely envious! If there is a trick that he has to maintaining solid energy throughout the day on only four hours of sleep, I would love to hear it! :p

- Franco

alleniverson

Space Monkey
space monkey
My continuing realization of the importance and weight of social media on basic social interaction. The left's disgusting narrative of gaining power via being offended/moral superiority. The prevalence and even still growing issue of false rape accusations.

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Franco said:
If there is a trick that he has to maintaining solid energy throughout the day on only four hours of sleep, I would love to hear it! :p
Hmm I think it's genetic. I asked a college professor who only needs 3-4 hours of sleep, about when he was in high school / college, he said 6 hours then.

Both my parents sleep 8 hours and they're both over 50, so, I think I'm stuck with that for the rest of my life.

I suspect most people that lived to be 110+ were big sleepers.

lostnumber

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Franco said:
uForia,

I'm very surprised a seduction master likes video games. Ten years ago they were considered nerdy and neckbeards ruled supreme in that realm. In fact, I've sort of given up video games trying to find other hobbies with more women in them. I like cooking thus far, but nothing has quite the pull like video games did back when I was a child.

Yeah, times are definitely changing man. I honestly felt like I was born a decade too soon!

You'll actually find that even the likes of ESPN have added competitive eSports to their main website, and eSports is growing bigger everyday. Twitch.tv and other streaming services have really helped move the competitive gaming community onto the big, world stage.

What other hobbies do you have Franco?

Women and video games are my absolute two favorite things. I do enjoy music though and live shows (although I haven't been going to many as much lately), and I also enjoy things like pool parties, raves, concerts, etc.

I also enjoy reading fantastic blogs/articles from good authors as well (such as the guys here on GirlsChase). Although this is something I usually do when I'm taking a break from work!

Neal,

I've actually heard about this; I believe I remember hearing that Trump only gets about four hours of sleep each night. I'm definitely envious! If there is a trick that he has to maintaining solid energy throughout the day on only four hours of sleep, I would love to hear it! :p

- Franco

What games are you playing these days Franco?

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
I feel like we can benefit a lot when Chase talks about this sort of thing as well as building a social circle, at this point I feel like we've hit our ceiling in regards to just seduction itself to now where we should talk about really getting the most out of the game like getting the hottest girls, the coolest friends, and living the most fun life.

>