Wealth  Focusing on multiple goals

Ryan0802

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Do you find that it is better to focus on a single task at once or divide your day out in working towards multiple goals?

For instance I am striving towards CPA licensing, copyrighting, and exploring new avenues to start generate passive income. Should I focus on 1 goal at a time (mastering CPA material) - then move on to copyrighting - then on to exploring other avenues?

Thanks for the help everyone!

BetaBoy

Space Monkey
space monkey
Don’t spread yourself to thin. I keep 1-2 short term goals and a long term goal at a time.

Ryan0802

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thanks buddy. That's what I've been doing, and I've became completely addicted to studying/striving toward my single goal. Focusing on one at a time has really helped!

Parkour

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I recently read that both Warren Buffet and Bill Gates remarked that Focus is the thing most responsible for their success.
It might be worthwhile to take a broad view of your career path and determine the value of each area in terms of creating the career that would satisfy all parts of you. CPA expertise is important but do you want to be a CFO (which is a great track for CEO BTW) or do you want to teach, or do you want to change the entire discipline and standards or start the most epic firm? I think the focus should give you something that you can use with whatever path you take and hopefully provides satisfaction along the way.

Ryan0802

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Good call Parkour. That is something I had done in the past and try to reassess periodically each year.

My backup goal is CFO.
My primary goal is to be an entrepreneur and create things with the knowledge I learn in the field. As I understand my customers enough I'll become more passive and find something new.
-I keep a notebook of 'ideas' of projects I want to begin. Step 1 is simply getting through the CPA exam, for both goals, to further gain trust to my customer base by showing I have the certification, and to also grow in my knowledge. The CPA exam is required if I ever wanted to open my own business or be CFO. Plus several other reasons.

Thanks a lot for your advice man!

>