For everyone, Don't creep the whole campus/school

Ryan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Oh dear. that's low.

Can't really say much else. I think he's just after attention.

(he'll probably be on here in a few minutes, abusing us).

metomeya

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
wow....that is sick.

Even though I don't do anything remotely close to this guy...I still get paranoid since I visit the same places that all have security in some shape or fashion. I think I would cry if I was banned from some public place for being a creeper.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
I think this guy is probably the most socially uncalibrated PUA. Over aggressive, over kino when it's not time for that much kino. This guy really does think he's playing a video game. Kinda funny really no beefs against him at least he has a reputation rather than being the shy unnoticed guy. Perhaps he'll learn his lessons change schools and see success lol.

Ross

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Simple case of a man who was taught a lot of things, and some of them work, therefore he sticks with them. It's certainly a better lifestyle for him. I'm sure he gets more attention from women and sleeps with some of them with a lifestyle where he doesn't care and is just persistent.

It's important that we don't take these guys and completely label and abuse them for being a certain way. There is a reason he acts the way he does, and if I went through the same exact upbrining and experienced everything that he did, I would be exactly the same as he is today. Obviously, there are better ways to go about this, but he won't listen to people if they're sitting there in hatred and judgment. A proper teacher and atmosphere would skyrocket his effectiveness.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Ross,

Ross said:
Obviously, there are better ways to go about this, but he won't listen to people if they're sitting there in hatred and judgment. A proper teacher and atmosphere would skyrocket his effectiveness.

A recent article by xcrunner, He mention about guys having bitterness with women. I noted that it is a problem, a real problem among society, this nice guys and their perspectives. And yea, this is also a problem, too.

Side note, I believe i can find ways to understand where Feminism came from, and Feminism today, and how i can consult women to see it in another way. But then of course, as much as society wants to say it, but i see it for myself that Women operate from an emotional perspective.

So it's one thing to find content, another thing to deliver the speech, or in essence spread the message across to women in general.

Zac

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
PUA Creeps Out College

I came across an article about a "PUA" that got banned from a college campus for creeping out the girls there.
He would approach girls on multiple occasions and persist whether or not they were interested.

http://aaronsleazy.blogspot.com/2013/11/real-life-example-of-pua-who-creeped_6.html

I think the proper mentality for a man learning how to be good with women is learning how to be a man in general, one that women want around.

This guy has prioritized getting laid with little mind to the women and how he is coming across to them.

You can see an infield video of him in the comments.

Estate

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Re: PUA Creeps Out College

I've seen it a lot and it's what ultimately drove me away a long time ago from "mainstream" PUA.
RSD, Mystery, all those guys... while they teach some value... by in large their followers just loose track of reality. It's like they've found some new video game to play and social rules no longer apply to them because they think they know better than everyone else.

I met up with a lair in Dublin a few years ago. It was the weirdest experience of my life. Online they seemed like well spoken, intelligent guys who I could learn from. From the moment I stepped in they tried to out-game me, even "out alpha" me during introductions by being aggressive and obnoxious. They couldn't hold a real conversation over a beer to save their lives but when a women was in sight, they went into the repertoire of scripts and couldn't be stopped creeping every girl out.
It was almost scary.

I've also read similar stories elsewhere. One guy was hanging around office lobbies in the financial district to pickup business women but security removed him because they realized he didn't work there and was creeping everyone out. In a place like that, for all they knew he was a security risk. But he went online and get all huffy and aggressive because the security guards didn't get his "genius"...

Even Google the story of RSD's infamous Jeffy. He resorted to meeting a prostitute through Ok Cupid or something and then even creeped her out to a point that she shamed him online on some blogs. And this is a guy who makes a living out of teaching guys his wisdom with women... makes you think.

Whyhellothere

Rookie
Rookie
PUA Gone Wrong & the State of Pick-Up

Anyone care to comment on this?

http://aaronsleazy.blogspot.com/2013/11 ... ped_6.html

Basically, it's an article about a PUA who creeped out so many girls on a campus, he's now fairly infamous at said university.

To be honest, I know this guy is an EXTREME case of PUA gone wrong, but I've always sort of worried about this. As someone who just recently started approaching, and living on a college campus, I don't want to be known as the guy who is going around picking up girls. Anyone have experience with college pick-up? Have you accidentally approached the same girl twice without realizing it? How did you handle this situation?

On a complete tangent, for the experts out there, what is the state of pick-up looking like? Is it becoming well-known? Do you notice more men participating in this? Have you had cases where you approach and the girl knew exactly what you were up to and called you out on it (Ex. Him: "You have a fantastic sense of fashion and I had to come meet you" Her: "Ah, the classic cold approach") ?

Nova

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Re: PUA Gone Wrong & the State of Pick-Up

i think you want to make sure you are approaching girls and improving your game in more than one small area where it is perhaps easier overtime to receive a reputation. this all depends on the size of your college etc of course. so mix it up.

the exception is when you are are very accomplished and know what your doing with girls and the reputation you will receive will be positive and frame you in the correct light, in this case its okay to be less wary of mixing it up.

i dont think pua is a very mainstream thing, its hardly talked about it public from my experience. sure guys talk about how to get women and all that but the effort and analysis they actually put in to develop their skills are close to none. also most information out their online is bullshit. there are very few websites that actually contain any useful information.

but of course repeating the sames lines over and over that everybody in pua uses will perhaps get around and could come back to kick you in your teeth. which is why i don't pay any attention to 'flashy memorable' lines where it would be just as effective to start an interaction off with something much more natural and simple. most pua stuff you hear, specifically openers etc are unnecessary and gimmicky. they appeal to guys because they are easy to apply and are apparently the 'magic bullet' or whatever bullshit, but they are not. trust me, seducing women is more about your vibe, body language, fundamentals, logistics & certain frames you set during your interaction, which are all things that no girl can really pick up on and say 'ahhh look at those fundamentals' - or 'hmm i see your body language is very appealing, been doing your research? - because they are all things that are effective largely from a subconscious side.

Verisimilitude

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

From reading the stuff, I think his two biggest problems are how arrogant he is and how he goes from passive interactions to aggressively going for girls. Saying hi to a girl and complimenting her? That's not likely to land you in the creepy zone unless something is way off. Maybe she won't like you, and that's fine, but most of the time, a compliment is a compliment and won't be seen as creepy. But not letting a girl's hand when she's pulling away is creepy. Cornering her is creepy. And being such a douche online and getting into internet fights just makes him look worse.

There are plenty of examples on this site of men doing things the right way. They don't walk up to girls and stroke their hair (at least not at first). They catch a girl looking at them, smile at her, and then approach. That's so much different than what that guy is doing. If you do that or even just act normal when approaching, most girls will not think you are creepy.

Ryan

Space Monkey
space monkey

This exact story has already been posted here at least twice. Do keep up.

Whyhellothere

Rookie
Rookie

ryan said:

The original post contains more than the OSU story (see last paragraph). Please read the first post of the threads you enter before devaluing them with a useless comment.

Nova and xcrunner, thank you for your thoughts.

Ryan

Space Monkey
space monkey

Whyhellothere said:
ryan said:

The original post contains more than the OSU story (see last paragraph). Please read the first post of the threads you enter before devaluing them with a useless comment.

Nova and xcrunner, thank you for your thoughts.

Then post your question on the other threads talking about the same topic. No point in spamming the board.
Anyway, i have nothing more to say.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Just merged all these topics (there were 3 of them, all separate).

For those fellas wondering if this heralds some new age and the end of meeting women any way except via introductions through a member of the girl's family or at the county dance after dancing with her for an hour, there've been things like this happening as long as guys have been approaching random women.

There is always SOME dude with low social awareness who tries his best to do everything he sees his favorite PUA do, without fully understanding the underpinning of the actions or how they're supposed to work or what they're supposed to do, and remaining oblivious to the reactions that women give him, which stymies his learning a good deal and means he continually struggles to improve.

When I first start participating in forums about this stuff in late 2005, there were occasional guys getting kicked out of places and told not to come back because the patrons were spooked. It's most common in gyms, shopping malls, or anywhere else that a guy just goes to over and over again and people start recognizing him and being weirded out by him. It's a tough problem for these guys, and I think what makes it the worst is that they do not realize they're doing it, or recognize what they're doing that's in the wrong because they don't have the same social triggers everyone else does (e.g., if someone did the same thing to them, it likely wouldn't register as "bothersome").

So long as you're not going to the same place again and again, day after day, and you're responsive to the social cues that women give you (e.g., if she's clearly not interested, be warm, gracious, and make your exit, especially if you're in somewhere you go to often or people will otherwise recognize you or chase you away from), you'll be fine. If you have trouble reading social cues, just be aggressive in escalating compliance (see NJ's article here: "How to Use Compliance Tests to Move Fast with Girls") early on, and if you don't get the compliance you ask for, rather than persist like crazy (which you can do, WHEN you're more advanced, but not when you don't know what you're doing yet), take that as a sign she isn't interested and exit the interaction - you'll save yourself a lot of headaches, and will quit wasting time on women who aren't feeling you and spend a lot more time with the women who are.

Chase

>