FR  FR - I literally made every mistake in the book lol - pure enthusiasm carries me

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Crappy title, but the backstory is that I worked on something that I finished and am incredibly proud of.

Now, my game style leans more into the smooth style when I'm able to. But my natural personality is basically a kid in a candy store, especially when I'm in a good mood. So naturally, after finishing something that I'm proud of I got excited as fuck! Plus I haven't worked on the talkative style that Chase talks about here: https://www.girlschase.com/content/3-fl ... tive-vibes

The other part of the backstory is this: I joined a bunch of christian life groups through this church (I joined a church community to meet women... I'm probably going to hell lol)

Anywhoo, everyone's so nice and even though the first few I went to didn't have anyone that I was both interested in and were single I figured I'd still go for the people. I like nice people and they're all so dorky, I love it. My kinda peeps. Even though I'm not at all religious... >.>

Well, Monday there was a girl already there when I got there. Tried talking to her a little bit and while she complied with all of my questions, statements and all that she didn't seem sold on me. She wasn't closed off but she wasn't sold on me.

Okay, whatever, it's social circle so not a big deal. We play games (my team beat her team. HA!) and then we play Catchphrase (my team beat her team. HA!). I've never played before and turns out I'm pretty damn good at it lol! Though not the best, sadly...

I say that I have to leave early to help out at the ballroom dance studio, and she asks if she can go really excited like. Lol sure.

We get to the studio and hardly anyone is still there and at this point I'm still doing great, especially now that I'm in my element of teaching a woman to dance. Still smooth but with leaks of excited energy coming out. Not even about her, but just the day in general.

Deep diving well, teasing well, everything's golden.

The people still there invite both of us to the restaurant they all go to after class and I'd never gone, decided why not, I'm in a great mood. Ask the girl, yup she wants to go too.

As I walk her out I follow-up with Chase's small ask and boom, number exchange with a smoothie date not on the books (no date/time yet).

Well now I'm in an even better mood, and I'm around people that I'm comfortable with (they're all old so I don't have to impress them, my excited energy just bursts out). Welp, no more smooth lol.

Hard to explain but I leaned in while talking to her and everyone else, talked a mile a minute, made a few dumb jokes (and some really great ones). I allowed a few barbs to hit me without really doing anything about it other than laughing them off. Qualified her a little too enthusiastically, and may have accidentally insulted her hairstyle... oops! Just remember, kid in a candy store without a filter.

We left at the same time and she still seemed like she was a little excited, though to tell ya the truth I'm still not sure if it's because she found a new hobby and people that she likes or if it's because of me.

She's a dork so I show her a video that I love about the 'yas cat' on youtube. Then ask her when she's free *immediate internal thought - damnit! stop doing that!*.
Her: I dunno, have to look at the calendar.

Well shit, fucked up lol. Damn enthusiasm and natural energy of mine is a very filterless person. I say whatever comes to mind and I have little to no shame. So there are some attractive parts of it but it's typically too much too soon for people in general, not just women. Like I said, kid in a candy store if you don't understand what I'm trying to say. People like me almost immediately, but it's not sexy. Plus I've been body rocked by circumstances and I'm still recovering a little bit there as well so I'm in all likelihood a little incongruent (which is anathema to girls wanting you).

Anywhoo, told her that I'd text her the next day.

Went with one of Chase's recommendations and we ended up texting at the same time in the late afternoon, neat little coinki-dink.

I don't go by my first name, but that's what everybody in the dance place knows me as so here are the texts (and yes, I was still riding the wave of excitement and well... don't do what I did)

Her: Cody or Alexander?
Me at literally the same time: hey little chef! Yesterday was fun :) Let's keep the ball rolling with that smoothie adventure, when are you free? *quick note: need to start asking for schedules instead, when are you free is a little too chasey. and it's pure habit that I even use it now, gotta break that habit Hope your day has been as fun filled as mine - Alexander

Now, that's not bad, other than the free part that I need to change. But the ole kid in a candy store peeked out and before I could catch it I fucked up:
Me: Lol did we just text each other at the same time?

Not... god awful... but far from good... and it gets worse :(

Me: Or maybe I got it just now. I prefer Alexander :)

Lol dumb. All sent in about 10 minutes. Now, I wasn't even thinking so don't judge me too harshly :p
And I was out of cell service so it just popped into my head and there the text went. Like I said, zero filter and zero thought lol

She texts back a half hour later:
we did just text each other lol jinx
10 minutes later
Ok let you know

Well... fuck...

Like Chase says, this isn't good. This is very no bueno. This is her putting herself above me which is death to attraction. Very bad. Figure it's over now, though am pleasantly surprised now.

5 hours later when I finish some other stuff up: stole this from Chase, though I took out some of the warmth that he advises. I decided to take out the warmth because I had a value problem, whereas I'd bet my bottom dollar that Chase deals mostly with attainability problems so he's learned to use the warmth to offset that. So I took out the warmth to be a little colder. The intended effect was "you fucked up and I'm not going to chase you". Did it work? Not sure yet, guess I'll find out on Thursday because like Hector says: the proof is in the pussy
No worries, let me know if your schedule lightens up. You've got my number
*then deletes her number but I didn't delete the texts in my phone*

She texted back today asking about Thursday and now we have a date scheduled and on the books lol. Must have made a great first impression because I did just about everything I possibly could have to screw it up after that first impression.

Neat. Pure enthusiasm from the kid in the candy store pushing me through to the next level. Now to not fuck it up again :p

>