Casual/FWB  Friends with Benefits - Do I apologize or do I just move on?

Jazzlaripus

Rookie
Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm currently stuck on what to do in my situation with my FWB and if anyone could give me advice I would appreciate it a lot.

I started out as being friends with this girl, however, overtime as we hung out, we agreed to be FWBs. We've been FWBs for the past 3 months and there was this one particular night where she brought up her ex and was crying about how much she misses him. I comforted her for a bit, listened, and then I still ended up taking her to bed and having sex, despite her telling me she missed her ex. I thought that maybe she was just telling me this because she had previously tried to stop me from meeting others girls by telling me that she didn't want to share me with anyone else and that she wanted everything of me. When she told me that, I firmly reminded her that we were just FWBs and that she was beginning to blur the lines. She ended up crying afterward.

Fast forward a couple of days and we made plans to hang out together this past weekend. However, last minute, she decided to cancel our plans and invite her ex over to her place. She specifically told me that he was just sleeping over for the weekend. (I think she was trying to reassure me that she wasn't going to have sex with him, but I mean I think I know better than that considering how she was with me). What I'm concerned about is that she canceled our plans last minute and never apologized for doing so. Is it right for me to feel disrespected? I don't mind that she's spending time with her ex because we specifically told each other that we wouldn't stop each other from getting into a relationship, but I mind that she never apologized for canceling our plans last minute.

During that weekend, she constantly asked me if I was doing okay, but I never responded back. I figured I should make myself busy, which I did by participating as a mentor in a conference to help out high schoolers transition into college and by catching up with old buddies. When Sunday evening arrived, she had already sent me 5 "Are u okay texts," when she finally sent me, "So you're just going to ignore me? Can you stop being so passive-aggressive?" When she sent me this, I ended up cussing her out over text and telling her that I don't really care if she asks me if I'm okay because "You didn't even apologize for canceling our plans last minute." She immediately apologized and left it at that.

Now after that we don't text anymore and if we do, it feels empty and cold. I think I put my FWBs into auto-rejection by literally stating that I don't care if she asks me if I'm okay. Do I apologize or do I just move on? I feel like I should apologize for cussing her out because I know I said very hurtful things, but then I wonder if I should because at the time I had no respect for her because she couldn't apologize for canceling last minute until I told her about it.

Since she had already apologized, I feel like I should man up too and apologize for cussing her out because that's not a very respectful thing to do to someone, but then I feel conflicted because if I do, what of it? I get a feeling that we won't be FWBs anymore since her ex is back in the picture and because I think I broke my frame by cussing her out and being emotional by ignoring her. Can I salvage this, or should I just find a new FWBs? If I did mess-up, should I at least apologize?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
1) you lost your cool about her flaking. You should have been not affected in her eyes.
2) You never give a woman a higher relationship status than she gives you. You were a FB, a "stunt dick" who happened to be friends with her. You gave it more status than it deserves.
3) You being butt hurt weakens your frame.
4) You may apologize for your actions. But don't try to justify them. "I'm sorry I snapped at you and lost my cool, it won't happen again" . No need to tell her why. She may ask, just say "let's move on."
5) If the opportunity to bed her arises, go with it, but it is a physical thing...Not a relationship.

^) you can have friends, or sexual benefits. Seldom both....

>