Long-Term  Getting Back Your Confidence . . .

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
After a Break Up, The History of Just Dave Part 1

Narrative:
Around March of this year, I went through a very devastating break up with my girlfriend of 8 months. It shook me to my core, we had broken up 3 or 4 times that week and finally called it quits back then. It was during Spring break, I was in my suite alone while I new my friends were partying it up in Panama City Beach. I was a mess, I still had my exes Betta Fish still in my living space. It was one of those messy break ups when you both are so upset to talk, you're physically choking trying to get the words out. I believe it happened on a Tuesday, I packed up my belongings and her fish, and drove an hour a half back to my hometown. I drank like there was no tomorrow, I passed out around 2AM or so and woke up. My contacts burned my eye sockets from drinking so hard.

"Fuck, what time is it?" I said to myself as I pushed myself off my mattress and walked to my window.
My mother walked in, "David . . is everything all right?"
I put my arm on the glass and stared out it, "I'm fine . . .just starting a new life"

Mental Rehab: I wrote some things
I did one of those sheets where you write all the negative stuff about your ex on it, whenever I thought of her I pulled it out. I didn't hate the girl . . . I just wanted to feel better. I went out to the malls, watched movies, and what not . . .I was fine during the day it was night that sucked for me. I had to get use to falling asleep with texting a girl before bed and talking till I could barely hold my eyes open. I would fall asleep and for the first couple weeks, I had dreams of me and her driving somewhere. I'd be talking, but she wouldn't be replying. I'd wake up Wolverine style and be reaching and yelling "No!" like a mad man. "She's gone" That was only step one of my rehabilitation . . . Acceptance

Hitting the Scene: Chasing those Rabbits
When my suite mate eventually came back to our place I informed him of my recent break up. I told him I'm going to be hitting the scene hard. He saw I wasn't kidding when I'd be down in the lobby talking to girls and meeting who I could when I could. He saw I was hurting, but saw I was trying to push through a road block. I eventually got girls numbers and even hooked up with a girl at a fraternity party. The next step . . . Self-Worth

Being Honest: I had to stay productive
When the summertime hit, I stayed in my college town to work my summer job at the school. We had summer housing where we shared rooms. I was use to living in a single, but I new the guy from last year so big deal. We'd talk before falling asleep about life and girls. One day we met three girls who were visiting our building. They were real interested in me cause I was quiet, I didn't really do whole lot of talking. "What was up with you today?"
"Hmph?"
"You know? the girls?"
"My confidence hasn't been the same since my break up man."
"You sound stupid." That was the next step . . . Getting rid of self pity

Getting laid: Took out some numbers texted who was we and went in and did my thing. It was as easy as that!

The thing about break ups is you can only talk about them so much before you get tired of talking about it. You get tired of hurting, feeling down and what not. It's okay to feel bad, but you got to try and push yourself through the pain. Sooner or later the medicine will kick in, and after awhile time will play a factor as well. You'll be feeling good and have girls after you. It's lovely you moved on and all of a sudden life throws a monkey wrench right in your plans . . . Continued in Part 2

Just Dave

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
WHAT!?! YOU ARE JUST MOTHER FUCKING DAVE!!!!!!!! You are in honesty one of the guys on here who has had the largest impact. especially on myself.

You will rebound and be stronger than you've ever imagined.

Cheers, Tool

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
T Vaunswa said:
WHAT!?! YOU ARE JUST MOTHER FUCKING DAVE!!!!!!!! You are in honesty one of the guys on here who has had the largest impact. especially on myself.

You will rebound and be stronger than you've ever imagined.

Cheers, Tool

;) lol sounds like you'll need to be reading Part 2 of this exciting installment of The History of Just Dave

I wanted to write a more thought invoking post to expose my life during my time away from the forums and my penultimate decisions leading to my return. It was a weird mental block meeting new girls cause I kind of approached them like I didn't give a damn if they like me or not at that point. Some would try to drag me into relationships, some would try to get into my head. Others would try to "emotionally" damage me, they became frustrated they couldn't damage a man, who lost so much in a given time.

Keep in mind during this time I didn't have you guys around, I was more on a religious high road so there was a lot more mental struggle and personality conflicts. I was also working a summer job meeting new girls and seeing old ones again. Then I finally threw off everyone else's chains and started becoming my own person again.

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Keep in mind during this time I didn't have you guys around, I was more on a religious high road so there was a lot more mental struggle and personality conflicts. I was also working a summer job meeting new girls and seeing old ones again. Then I finally threw off everyone else's chains and started becoming my own person again.

I look forward to the epic conclusion Dave ;)

Shade

Space Monkey
space monkey
Wow this is great; I personally like advice given the way you have it written. Now I don't like you for not finishing this great post haha.

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Shade said:
Wow this is great; I personally like advice given the way you have it written. Now I don't like you for not finishing this great post haha.

haha, I'm glad you enjoyed it man, and don't worry I already have Part 2 in my drafts, I'm just making sure the narrative flows with the advice and what not. It's a really good story that show's how a break up can either be used as time for sulking or reinventing yourself. There are also quite a few moments were I felt bitter, but I didn't let it get the better of me. That's kind of where I think people to look at and be like, "Wow! Dave was going through an absolute storm, but he didn't let the waves wreck his ship!"

>