Getting girls in a small town

waggledance

Rookie
Rookie
There's a lot written on this website about developing an 'abundance mentality.'

Don't view women as scarce resources, we're told. They're all around you. You only need look around. Obviously there are far worse mindsets to have. Thinking in numbers does do wonders for the nerves.

All that said, what do you do when (attractive) women actually are a scarce resource?

I live in a fairly small town in the UK. True to stereotype, the girls here are not blessed with the best looks.

The only club that stays open late is quite literally packed full of 3/10s. There will typically be about four 7/10s in the whole place. Those girls are well and truly nailed down. They’re probably there with boyfriends to begin with. Failing that, they’ll be surrounded by a swarm of 5 or 6 ripped, tattooed guys.

In the daytime you’ll generally encounter a bunch of old people, single mums and the odd couple. Every decent girl over the age of 23 is in a relationship. They’ve probably got kids too. I work alongside a bunch of 40-60 year olds so no openings there.

There are no single girls in my friendship group. The girls I am mates with would love to help out but have literally no single friends. My male friends are pretty unadventurous and are rarely up for going on nights out in bigger cities. Looking through my friends list on facebook, there’s ONE available girl I’d be interested in. This twist is she’s about 10,000 miles away.

I say all of this in complete seriousness.

I meet an available girl, who I’m attracted to, perhaps once every few months. Because it’s so rare, chances are I’ll get nervous and fuck it up. Or she’s just not be interested. Then back to square one. My only option, as I see it, is to just stay celibate, or shag a bunch of 3/10’s who I’m not in the least bit attracted to.

What on earth do I do in this situation?

Estate

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I'm from a small-ish town in Ireland so I understand.

One thing is to change your mindset a little. When the hot ones ARE available, guess how lucky they are gonna be to find such an awesome guy like you, even if there's not thousands of those girls around. Keep improving yourself and your life to where you're REALLY happy with yourself.

Next, I understand how it can be difficult by daytime. My town is like that too, like shopping malls during the day are not like giant sprawling malls in America with hot girls out trying on clothes... they are probably a tesco's a few boutiques and 300 grannies having a cup of tea. But you need to figure out where girls ARE. I'm not sure what age you are but in my town there was 2 large colleges just outside the city. These were like their own environment. Girls were ALL OVER but you'd never see them outside that square mile or so until 10pm Friday. People lived, worked, studied and partied on the campus.
You've got to find where they DO congregate.

Next the club... screw it... just go... there must be SOME hot girls, even if not... use it as practice.

Can you take a trip to neighbouring towns at weekends?

Ultimately... I moved away. I am in the U.S. now. You don't have to go that far but if I wanted a great job after college and I wanted to make the most of life I always knew I had to go to the city.
Is that an option for you? I mean really? Just change your lifestyle? Even if you can't move abroad, how does looking for work near London or Liverpool or Manchester or whatever is your nearest big town?

waggledance

Rookie
Rookie
Thanks for the reply man. I think you're right - I need to work out where all the girls congregate. It does often feel like this town is full of single guys and taken girls but obviously that can't be the case. The girls must gather somewhere - I just need to work out where.

In an ideal world I'd love to follow Chase's advice of talking to a bunch of cute girls until I find one who likes me. If I tried to do that on a night out then I'd quite literally be done in five minutes flat.

Congrats on your move - pretty bold. I bet the Irish accent does you no harm over in the states! You're right of course - leaving is my best answer. I'll actually be moving to London next year. A job is lined up there - it's just the interim period that's driving me mad. For now, branching out to nearby towns is probably the best bet for nights out - just need to persuade people to come on board!

>