Girl Acting Strange

Henry

Space Monkey
space monkey
There's this girl at the gym I cold approached. She's come across as receptive from day one, from suggesting we go get something to drink to giving me her phone number without me asking for it. She always breaks into this massive smile when she see's me approaching and laughs at stupid jokes I make. Yet she flaked on the first 'date' and ignored my second suggestion of getting drinks. But she continues behaving like she did from the start. What's up with that? She seems very keen but also not at the same time.

Mr STIF

Space Monkey
space monkey
Picking up girls in gyms feels like social circle game as we tend to run into gym members, at the gym.

I'm having a feeling that a part of her is attracted to you that's why she's receptive at the initial stage( exchanging numbers without you asking) and another part might be telling her that this is social circle and she shouldn't just fall in your frame of the seduction- that's why she might be holding back(flaked the first date and doesn't respond to grabbing drinks).

She's holding back by just giving you mixed signals because from the look of things she's into you because you confidently approached her.

I don't know how your interaction went with her. But she could sense that it might lead to the bedroom and is trying to slow things down.

After turning down two potential attempts to be with you she still smiles and is very receptive towards you.

Anyways, anything that has to do with social circle or groups where I'll likely meet up with members, weekly or daily- I just tend to be alot more ambiguous.

Everyone is subconsciously thinking about their reputation, especially women. Some women do have rules not to bang guyfriends from the gym or other meet-up groups because of their reputation. :confused:

If you can post a detailed interaction between both of you, I'm sure others might chime in with useful tips.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Is she titillating you?
A woman that is actively very flirty with you but does it with a lot of confidence and doesn’t seem nervous at all is usually a bad lead.

Girls who really want you, normally get nervous. They are hoping you move things forward.

Check this:

Henry

Space Monkey
space monkey
Is she titillating you?
A woman that is actively very flirty with you but does it with a lot of confidence and doesn’t seem nervous at all is usually a bad lead.

Girls who really want you, normally get nervous. They are hoping you move things forward.

Check this:
See that's exactly the thing is she is quite nervous and shy. She admitted to being very shy. As an example, I was sitting doing a few reps the other day and she comes and says hi. I stood up while she hugged me, so it was kinda awkward but not really at all. That night she sent me a completely unnecessary voice note saying sorry for the awkward hug.

Henry

Space Monkey
space monkey
Picking up girls in gyms feels like social circle game as we tend to run into gym members, at the gym.

I'm having a feeling that a part of her is attracted to you that's why she's receptive at the initial stage( exchanging numbers without you asking) and another part might be telling her that this is social circle and she shouldn't just fall in your frame of the seduction- that's why she might be holding back(flaked the first date and doesn't respond to grabbing drinks).

She's holding back by just giving you mixed signals because from the look of things she's into you because you confidently approached her.

I don't know how your interaction went with her. But she could sense that it might lead to the bedroom and is trying to slow things down.

After turning down two potential attempts to be with you she still smiles and is very receptive towards you.

Anyways, anything that has to do with social circle or groups where I'll likely meet up with members, weekly or daily- I just tend to be alot more ambiguous.

Everyone is subconsciously thinking about their reputation, especially women. Some women do have rules not to bang guyfriends from the gym or other meet-up groups because of their reputation. :confused:

If you can post a detailed interaction between both of you, I'm sure others might chime in with useful tips.
To give some context, the culture I live in is very conservative - it's the exact same culture as the US's bible belt in every possible way. She's 19 so finished high school last year. But then again she's been to a few music festivals so I do think she is liberal (dunno if she's religious or not).
Concerning a detailed interaction, I cold approached her a week ago. That interaction went well and at the end of it I suggested we get a smoothie sometime, so she suggests the next day. Next day comes, she says she can't make it but gives me her phone number without me asking. I text her that night and amongst the chats I suggest we get drinks that weekend, to which she didn't respond and just continued the chat. Over the next week I go and chat to her every time I see her at the gym. I then told her we should get drinks that next weekend and she said she'll let me know over text. She doesn't and I stop approaching her in the gym and texting her. She then starts coming up to me over the next week and texted me the other night saying sorry for an incident she thought was awkward between us even though it wasn't. All the while she's super friendly and excited, although not flirtatious.

Mr STIF

Space Monkey
space monkey
To give some context, the culture I live in is very conservative - it's the exact same culture as the US's bible belt in every possible way. She's 19 so finished high school last year. But then again she's been to a few music festivals so I do think she is liberal (dunno if she's religious or not).
Concerning a detailed interaction, I cold approached her a week ago. That interaction went well and at the end of it I suggested we get a smoothie sometime, so she suggests the next day. Next day comes, she says she can't make it but gives me her phone number without me asking. I text her that night and amongst the chats I suggest we get drinks that weekend, to which she didn't respond and just continued the chat. Over the next week I go and chat to her every time I see her at the gym. I then told her we should get drinks that next weekend and she said she'll let me know over text. She doesn't and I stop approaching her in the gym and texting her. She then starts coming up to me over the next week and texted me the other night saying sorry for an incident she thought was awkward between us even though it wasn't. All the while she's super friendly and excited, although not flirtatious.
She's definitely attracted and shy. It seems like she doesn't even know how to act around you(nervous), she might just be inexperienced. Plus, gym is social circle game and the culture you live in is pretty conservative too.

I guess she realizes she's acting awkward. Notices how you are avoiding contact with her, then she starts to reinitiate contact at the gym and apologizes over text for her awkwardness. Try to find out why she doesn't want to meet-up outside the gym, ask her in person not over text.

That's all I can say on this one. :confused:

Henry

Space Monkey
space monkey
She's definitely attracted and shy. It seems like she doesn't even know how to act around you(nervous), she might just be inexperienced. Plus, gym is social circle game and the culture you live in is pretty conservative too.

I guess she realizes she's acting awkward. Notices how you are avoiding contact with her, then she starts to reinitiate contact at the gym and apologizes over text for her awkwardness. Try to find out why she doesn't want to meet-up outside the gym, ask her in person not over text.

That's all I can say on this one. :confused:
That's actually something I haven't thought of. I probably won't see her again after this week so I might as well call her out on it and learn something in the process.
Shots mate

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Well, I guess if this keeps going on you will have to ask her what’s her deal at some point.

>