Calls & Texts  Girls Who Text Too Much

DarkStallion

Rookie
Rookie
Hi all,

Prior to the quarantine, I considered girls clingy if they texted me too much. Nowadays, girls texting guys too much seems more mainstream. While this is definitely a good problem to have, I prefer to be on the same page with the girls I am pursuing regarding texting frequency, especially if I would otherwise consider dating the girl. Too much texting can burn things out quick and create an attraction disparity. Not to mention, I hate texting.

So two questions:

(1) In this day and age, would you still consider girls who text too much to be clingy?

(2) What's the best way to way to tell a girl to chill out with texting?

Last edited:

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@DarkStallion dude! 1) Clingy or needy depends a lot on where it's coming from and how the messages are perceived but if they're investing in you and chasing this is a good thing and does a lot of the work for you. Girls like to text/talk and trying to suck you into a conversation is a tactic they use if they like you to get you to invest. As long as they're meeting you and you're fucking this isn't much of a problem.

2) you lead. Text when you can and when you want, they'll learn and respect that you're busy and will wait for your replies. You don't need to tell them to chill out, just don't entertain it. If you really have to tell them you don't text when you're at work, you don't text when you're doing X. If this is done because they're curious (investing) and ask you make this a sexual prize/chase frame that your time is important and they will desire this more.

A draw back to this (from experience) girls usually send long messages to capitalise when you're free. I get sent paragraphs from girls with lots of stuff, pick one part to reply to unless it all needs replying to or you're rewarding her.

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@DarkStallion I'm glad someone here shares my disdain for texting lol.

(1) In this day and age, would you still consider girls who text too much to be clingy?

It depends on how much texting she needs from me. I can only think of one instance where I had to end things with a girl because she wanted to text me everyday. Vast majority of girls accept it, occasionally tease you about it, then continue to get their texting validation needs met from somewhere else e.g. An orbiter or her friends.

(2) What's the best way to way to tell a girl to chill out with texting?

For me it's about prevention and less importantly the cure:

Prevention

Set the frame up veryyyyyy early.
From the time I number close in D.G I mention to her that "heads up by the way, I'm not really much of a texter at all" and prefer to just catch up with someone in real life.

Then on the date I'll run a gambit of people being glued to screens and not present. How you see people in a group all on their phones just so they can do the same thing to the person they're currently texting when they're in person with them.

What you'll find is that by doing this girls will feel nervous texting you as they don't want to seem needy/clingy. I've had several girls save screenshots of memes that they show me when they see me in person lol.

Cure

Big texters will be very smooth at just continuing the conversation with you and making it fun so before you know it you're texting her and almost enjoying it lol. To tackle this mention in passing after taking long to reply "my badd been busy & I'm terrible at texting" then gracefully end the conversation along the lines of:

"Hahah that's crazy what happened to you at xyz! Look forward to seeing you on Sunday, hope you have a great week :)"

^^^^ Which is a graceful way of saying I'm done with this conversation

Girls have high levels of emotional intelligence so she'll take the hint. Shouldn't have to do it more than 2-3 times.

>