Going to Military - Help Me Make the Best of It!

Devilicious

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hi guys,

So as the title explains - my forced military service will start very, very soon... and will last until the end of May. Especially in times of Corona, this means not having many chances from the anyway meager opportunities to go back home.

Now what does this mean for us?

For one, there will be a lack of sleep, strenuous physical marches, and a lot of time to waste with mindless activities / simple nothing to do except stand around. This can be attested to solidly.

The way I see it, this shows there are upsides and downsides. I will tackle this as a life experience and opportunity I want to make the best out of, hence my reaching out to you experienced and insightful fellows.

The first thought I have is using this chance to cultivate my mindsets even further - self-hypnosis is the name of the game. Chant some self-affirmations day in, day out, and combine it with visualization.

Second aspect I want to improve is mindfulness and meditation, as well as visualization. Picturing the conquest, step-by-step, as vividly and real as possible, repeated for literal months... is bound to be better than nothing for keeping me in the seduction game. Would much rather just go out and be able to approach of course, but you make the best of it. Perhaps it will have unexpected results...

I'm not sure how to work on meditation here. It is possible to sleep while standing (so I've heard from people who were in the military already who learned it there), so for sure you can imagine meditation working as well? Cultivating an ability to reach a deeply tranquil and yet effective Zen state on command... would certainly be a powerful ability.

By now you see where I am going with this. So let me turn it back around to you.

If I asked you what ability/mindset/skill you think is a great chance to learn given the circumstances... what would you recommend me? Perhaps think about this for yourself and wonder what skill you would choose to pursue... if you were in my shoes.

I strongly look forwards to any ideas you may have.

Best,
Dev

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I strongly look forwards to any ideas you may have

I serve 2 years. Was a corporal. Promoted every few years when I come back for the reserves.

3 things

1)You either have power or you don't. (Lieutenant or shut the fuck up. Lolx)

Once I reach Sergeant and above, the stark difference is there. But you will have middle managers anger because you are not Lieutenant.

Officers usually won't disturb NCOs (there will be power flexes from some) and NCOs usually avoid reporting trouble unless necessary.

2)Learn the unspoken rules, quick

3)Learn life skills and study for diploma/degree if you want

The military encourages you to take courses and pass additional vocations. It varies for all countries.

4)Take Rest and water seriously

z@c+

Lofty

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey Dev,

I commend you for having such a positive and pragmatic outlook on this type of situation. Really have a lot of respect for your approach here.

If I was in your shoes, these are some things I'd think about:
  • Frame control: While there may not be many seduction opportunities, there are people around, and there will be many nuanced social dynamics around. Maybe you can practice your conversational frameworking models to control the frames, win people over, and generally work on influence skills. Overall there could be a lot of interesting opportunites to manipulate frames because of all the hierarchical social frames involved.
  • State control: I'm guessing there will probably be things that you won't want to do, and probably some narcissistic people who float around the place. Seems like an easy place to get frustrated in, so protections against that such as meditation that you mentioned seem like great ideas. I think you can absolutely work on controlling your state while standing up. Engaging in breathing techniques and thought exercises to clear out the bad are some things to think about. You can design and test different ways to regulate your state and see if anything sticks, even if they are methods that you create yourself in the moment. Can maybe draw some inspiration from things like qigong or the Taoist state practices discussed in The Multi-Orgasmic Man - just finding what works best for YOU.
  • Approach/verbal simulations: Like you said, you could do exercises where you imagine all kinds of approach situations and think about what you'd say/do at each step and how you'd move things forward.
  • Deconditioning yourself: You can think about the constructs that control ways of life and thinking, and how you can be protected against this or how you can use it to your advantage:
  • Considering body mechanics: The human body carries lots of tension and trauma. You can read something like Somatics and use these philosophies to keep mindful of the way your body carries tension and how you can release it during stressful times.
  • Entrepreneurial brainstorming: I've noticed from your FRs that you study in a STEM field and seem to have a great level of understanding in your discipline. Is there a way to provide a valuable, impactful solution in the world that leverages your core competencies and domain experience? With more financial freedom comes more time to squeeze the juice out of your time on the planet in the ways you'd like to, though of course I'm not sure of your goals and what you have up your sleeve...
And also if you have access to any electronics during time away from the marches and whatnot, you could download dating apps (and use fake pictures/names if you'd like) and just get tons of textgame reps for learning, research, and experimentation with the female mind. Honestly getting a bunch of textgame reps in with these apps during the summer turned out to be pivotal in managing my current relationship and opened up a whole new world of possibilities. Every set can provide valuable and nuanced insights that may pay off big-time in the future - far beyond some app itself.

Alright, these have been some quick thoughts. Best of luck!

As you say... onwards! ;)

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
To add,

Avoid engaging in fights in camp. There's no one party who goes into Detention barracks.

It's both.

and, Detention barracks can dent your career after military if it is longer than 1 week. It is considered a criminal record, at least in my country.

I manage to speak to my commander and request my friend to not be put there. My commander (Major) usually had no problems with me because we happen to be on duty most of the time together. I was in his good graces. So that's fortunate.

The other guy is just an instigator, a narcissist asshole.

z@c+

Devilicious

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
So... I came back! Won't post it again, but here are all my lessons learned.

I must also say... looking at this from the new, more experienced lens, it is confirmed you were absolutely right Zac.

I serve 2 years. Was a corporal. Promoted every few years when I come back for the reserves.

3 things

1)You either have power or you don't. (Lieutenant or shut the fuck up. Lolx)

Once I reach Sergeant and above, the stark difference is there. But you will have middle managers anger because you are not Lieutenant.

Officers usually won't disturb NCOs (there will be power flexes from some) and NCOs usually avoid reporting trouble unless necessary.

2)Learn the unspoken rules, quick

3)Learn life skills and study for diploma/degree if you want

The military encourages you to take courses and pass additional vocations. It varies for all countries.

4)Take Rest and water seriously
So true, especially number 2.

Avoid engaging in fights in camp. There's no one party who goes into Detention barracks.

It's both.

and, Detention barracks can dent your career after military if it is longer than 1 week. It is considered a criminal record, at least in my country.

I manage to speak to my commander and request my friend to not be put there. My commander (Major) usually had no problems with me because we happen to be on duty most of the time together. I was in his good graces. So that's fortunate.
Here it's 5 days. And yes, depends on whether you have it well with the higher ups.

Overall, thanks for the advice!

And to reply to @Lofty 's great input:
  • Frame control: While there may not be many seduction opportunities, there are people around, and there will be many nuanced social dynamics around. Maybe you can practice your conversational frameworking models to control the frames, win people over, and generally work on influence skills. Overall there could be a lot of interesting opportunites to manipulate frames because of all the hierarchical social frames involved.
  • State control: I'm guessing there will probably be things that you won't want to do, and probably some narcissistic people who float around the place. Seems like an easy place to get frustrated in, so protections against that such as meditation that you mentioned seem like great ideas. I think you can absolutely work on controlling your state while standing up. Engaging in breathing techniques and thought exercises to clear out the bad are some things to think about. You can design and test different ways to regulate your state and see if anything sticks, even if they are methods that you create yourself in the moment. Can maybe draw some inspiration from things like qigong or the Taoist state practices discussed in The Multi-Orgasmic Man - just finding what works best for YOU.

This actually ended up being the main thing I realized I could focus on. State control is important because it gives you the wonderful resilience, personal power and peace that lets you deal with things, while frame control is naturally challenged and developed as you interact with myriads of different types of people in more extreme scenarios. So... fantastic advice, as usual ;)

>