Handling Baggage, Don't blame Your Current Girlfriend

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I actually found this in my draft folder from my original sessions on this forum, and I think it's beneficial to a lot of guys in relationships.

I'm getting a little more personal on this topic.

The ideal thing before you get into a relationship is knowing what you want, choosing the right girl, and handling your baggage. The main reason just as you don't want your girlfriend blaming you for her past experiences DON'T BLAME HER FOR YOURS!

"They say that first love is the sweetest but that first cut is the deepest."

Sometimes you think the first girl you fall in love with is the "one". I know I personally did, but in the end it all didn't work out for various reasons. Now the thing is unless you deal with those conflicting issues with yourself before your next relationship. You will more than likely wreck your next relationship. It's important to grow from each relationship. Sometimes we may actually had issues from a our past with family, those need to be resolved as well. Whatever the issue it needs to be resolved.

A common trend of baggage I myself had was dating the same type of girl. It would end the same way. As a result I would be afraid to really open up to any different type of girl because of trust issues. I really had to grow past it and realize that I deserved to have a good and meaningful relationship. If you're struggling with your own baggage and it's effecting your relationship with your girlfriend. You need to address it with yourself.

Another time,

Just Dave

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Just_Dave,

Just_Dave said:
Sometimes you think the first girl you fall in love with is the "one". I know I personally did, but in the end it all didn't work out for various reasons.

That one a smack. ouch.. :)

Zac

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
ZacAdam said:
Just_Dave,

Just_Dave said:
Sometimes you think the first girl you fall in love with is the "one". I know I personally did, but in the end it all didn't work out for various reasons.

That one a smack. ouch.. :)

Zac

Hahaha Zac, I love the way you bring humor to the table my friend :)

I will say this though, that girl did eventually come back to me to hook up periodically every summer. I guess it was my summer loving haha

>