Help With Model Chick (Odd Situation)

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
This is a strange scenario that I find myself in, so I'm enlisting the help of the members of this forum :)

You know how you get that Facebook friend request from someone you have like 50-plus mutual friends, but don't actually know them? Recently I got a request from this girl, and I waited to accept since I wasn't sure if I knew her or not. Eventually I was going through my requests and noticed.. Wow, this girl is smoking hot. I accept.

This gets interesting over the course of the past couple of months. She is a part-time model and does shoots for magazines and the like. She also raises German Rottweilers as a hobby. I happen to have just gotten a German Rott pup about six months ago. Over the course of the past couple months she's sent me messages asking about him and stuff. Seems trivial, but we've had conversations deep into the night and such. She usually initiates these conversations, and also I am usually the one to cut off the conversation because it feels weird and foreign to me- to be chat buddies with some person I've never met in person. We just apparently share this common interest. I've been hoping to god that I will catch her out sometime, but it just hasn't ever happened.

I am NOT going to ask some chick out over social media. This really sucks lol.

Can someone help me come up with something crafty here? If I'm going to make any kind of move- I'm going to do it in person, like a man. I just need to get there somehow. I'm not going to do something stupid and stalkerish. Can I try to arrange some meetup with a friendly connotation, and then reframe in person?

-NJ

Corky

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Why won't you ask her out over social media? You have never met her in person so you're never going to get that chance and how is a facebook message any different then a text message?

Wait any longer and you'll be kicking yourself.

Next time she starts a conversation send a couple messages, tell her you got to go or something and mention meeting up in person sometime later that week....set a day so its on for sure. Then just act normal.

Nothing wrong with this approach.

Xygnus

Rookie
Rookie
It could be one of those facebook scammers. I've had a couple of friend requests from "models"
that also were friends of my friends (they got duped into accepting the friendship too).

However, in the event that it's not a scam, Corky's advice is solid.

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Corky,

Thanks man. I've been struggling with this. I saw your post in the Tactics & Techniques forum. That doesn't really sound like a bad approach to this. But, giving a girl my contact info as opposed to asking for hers has always had an extremely low success rate.

I haven't talked to her for a few days, but next time she messages me I think I'm going to try a variation of what you suggest in that thread. Basically, instead of giving out my contact info - I'll ask for hers, like:

"Hey HB9- can't talk right now. But, I think its really cool to know someone who enjoys their Rotties as much as I do :) We should grab lunch sometime"

Then, hopefully she'll respond positively, and then I can grab her contact info & schedule something from there!

Oh, and yes I know she's not a fake- a lot of my friends know her.

>