Hey Fellas: What Do We Need to Add to the Newbie Assignment?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
A little while back, DigitalStef recommended I update the Newbie Assignment and add direct openers into the mix. I thought this was a great idea, and put it on my list of things to do, but it kind of got lost in the shuffle. I recently ran across that comment again and decided I wanted to get this updated soon.

I also want to add a link to Nino's newbie assignment as an example of someone who took the assignment on and saw it successfully through to the end for new members to review and get juiced up and inspired by.

The question I'd like to pose to the boards - especially to those guys here who've gone through the Newbie Assignment already - is, what else do we think guys who are new need to try out?

Remember, we don't want anything too complicated - e.g., sexual frames are probably too advanced / scary for a guy who's just starting out to try to squeeze into a 5 minute interaction he's having.

Is there anything you feel like is clearly missing from the Newbie Assignment and is something that guys who are just starting out would benefit much from getting their footing on?

Chase

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Re: Hey Fellas: What Do We Need to Add to the Newbie Assignm

Chase,

One of your articles was doing the "Hero" entrance in trains and public places. That will be fun for the new guys to test out. If it works with certain girls, it can be fun, and see signs if the girls linger there longer, or giggle with their girlfriends about how cool you are. They can approach her.

Zac

nino

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

I suggest there should be one "half off" day, where you approach a certain amount of girls for self amusement reasons only. Whether you make a fool out of yourself or just share your good mood with a beautiful stranger shouldn't matter at all.

I think this teaches a couple of things. It helps you relax around women, it gives an insight into the fun side of the game, it shows what you can actually get away with and most importantly, it helps you break that barrier to, why not, actually make a fool out of yourself in front of a completely strange, hot woman. Also, it shows the power of building up momentum if you approach enough girls but I guess that's a bit more advanced.

For the newbie assignment I think it's just another great barrier breaking tool for beginners because albeit in my opinion not even half the game, all still starts with approaching and overcoming approach anxiety is the key step to start gaming a girl.

Eric

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

I feel as though day 5 and day 6 could be switched. It's much easier to nonchalantly ask "are you single?" and exit, rather than locking in with a conversation starter.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Zac / Nino / Eric -

Thanks for these suggestions. I'll incorporate them.

Everybody in general -

One other thing to ask: do you notice any specific places where a lot of guys are getting hung up and/or failing out of the course consistently? e.g., a certain step where guys just can't do it - it's too much for them - and then they get discouraged and vanish?

I've noticed guys dropping out partway through, and if anyone's picked up on a particular place, maybe we can find a way to break that down into smaller steps to make it easier than whatever it is now.

Chase

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Expounding on what nino's point I think it would be a good edition maybe even if it were the last day of the newbie assignment to go out specifically to get rejected. For instance simply get rejected by 1-2 girls, go up initiate conversation and ask them out immediately afterwards.

Newbie: "Hey are you single?"
Hottie: "Uh no. Why?"
Newbie: "Will you go on a date with me" or "Will you be my girlfriend/wife?"
Hottie: "uh no."
Mission complete
I feel like this would be a good way to get acquainted with rejection since all newbies will have to face rejection at some point anyway. Also it's a really achievable goal.. who can't go out and get rejected. For some newbies this could be the perfect way to beat A.A. if you goal is to get rejected then your expecting rejection and it's not as big of a deal since you that's what your trying to achieve. Lastly instead of taking a testosterone hit from losing you actually gain testosterone from winning "Yes! I got rejected!". And you never know they may not get rejected either if their lucky (or skilled) and end up going on their first instant date, in this case losing isn't so bad after all.

Anyway I tried to give some encouragement to a newbie recently on the field report section and suggested he try this out to help curb anxiety and thought about this post. This is my 2 cents I believe it could be an interesting and helpful addition to the newbie assignment.

Humay

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Chase, i don't know if this has been said before, but when i was a newbie (thankfully i feel i'm a bit more capable now), the transition from Day 5 to Day 6 was a nightmare. I couldn't do it. From just going from 'hi, how's your day going?',(which was okay) to 'are you single?', (which i had to force out, red in the face), the jump was just too much.

Hope this helps you. As always, i love this site :) thanks for all your contributions

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Chase, i don't know if this has been said before, but when i was a newbie (thankfully i feel i'm a bit more capable now), the transition from Day 5 to Day 6 was a nightmare. I couldn't do it. From just going from 'hi, how's your day going?',(which was okay) to 'are you single?', (which i had to force out, red in the face), the jump was just too much.

I agree with Humay's point here. Going one day from just being able to "open" a woman and then going the next day to a direct opener would be incredibly difficult. In fact, it took me weeks before I felt comfortable enough opening directly. Maybe this should be reconsidered.

- Franco

>